Penthouse perks on Silhouette

SFfranks

Can anyone advise of penthouse perks? Someone said you get two bottles of liquor? It would be nice to know before purchasing beverage package as that would make a difference. Anyone have a review of cabin and photos?

Here's a link to all the perks of the Penthouse Suite on the Summit..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SM#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=PS&cabincls=D&shipCode=SM

On the Equinox, we did have 2 bottles of liquor in both the Penthouse and Royal...not sure what, as we had premium drink package and do didn't use them...

but we also had the Coupon Package for Elites...

and the crew was falling over us at every turn...could not have asked for a better experience...

We had two bottles,one rye and one dark rum. We exchanged them for kahlua and white rum. Also a bottle of Celebrity sparkling wine. There are two bar fridges( on Equinox). One was full of complimentary mix, a few bottles of water, ginger ale, coke, tonic water, etc.

The other fridge is the standard stocked room fridge where you are charged for items used.

We had a few "cocktail parties", and the room butler brought a variety of hors d'orves,cheese,crackers,fruit,chilled shrimp, nuts. He also set out extra wine glasses, ice buckets to chill the wine, opened wine bottles, and moved the chairs from around the dining room table. They were very accommodating.

• 3 weeks later...

Another thought as we are contemplating the premium beverage package. If we DO get a couple of bottles of alcohol then thay would definitely minimize the drinks we order especially those before dinner drinks getting ready for dinner and then considering port days. Those who were in royal suites did you purchase alcohol package?

We had two bottles,one rye and one dark rum. We exchanged them for kahlua and white rum. Also a bottle of Celebrity sparkling wine. There are two bar fridges( on Equinox). One was full of complimentary mix, a few bottles of water, ginger ale, coke, tonic water, etc.

The other fridge is the standard stocked room fridge where you are charged for items used.

We had a few "cocktail parties", and the room butler brought a variety of hors d'orves,cheese,crackers,fruit,chilled shrimp, nuts. He also set out extra wine glasses, ice buckets to chill the wine, opened wine bottles, and moved the chairs from around the dining room table. They were very accommodating.

Were you charged for the hors d'oeuvres and did you get to pick what you wanted to have served?

Are Penthouse guest able to have dinner and/or breakfast in Blu?

All suite guests can dine in Blu, for a fee, on a space available basis only. On three cruises in the PH, we've never been allowed in Blu because it was full.

Were you charged for the hors d'oeuvres and did you get to pick what you wanted to have served?

We asked for cheese, crackers, fruit, shrimp . Not sure what else we could have had. This was plenty. I recently read here on Cruise Critic that they are going to charge for this service/setup. Perhaps it is just a rumor, but you should double check once onboard with the hotel manager.

I wonder if the chances of getting in Blu are higher during a port day say right at 6pm since so many will be off the ship. Also, for those that have been in the PH and i understand you get 2 bottles of alcohol. Did you purchase a alcohol beverage package as well. Just still wondering with the two bottles and then the port days if it would be worth it.

On Infinity, cold hors d'oeuvres provided by the butler were free. Hot hors d'oeuvres organised by the Events Coordinator were charged for. As it was not us organising the event, I do not know the price.

Sue

Are Penthouse guest able to have dinner and/or breakfast in Blu?

The official rules are that you can have dinner in blu, if space is available. We had 2 couples traveling (one PH and one Royal) and dined in Blu 3 times, never charged the $5 fee and they always found us a table.

We never tried for breakfast as we ate in our cabin every morning.

The official rules are that you can have dinner in blu, if space is available. We had 2 couples traveling (one PH and one Royal) and dined in Blu 3 times, never charged the $5 fee and they always found us a table.

Awesome, Thanks for the reply. How did you find the PH? Did you purchase the premium drink package since you had two bottles of liquor in your cabin.

My wife and I are on the Equinox TA in April '12. We wanted to book a suite, but when we realized that it did not include access to Blu, we decided to stay in AQ. The $5 was fine, but it should have guaranteed availability.

Think about it. The cruise line lost thousands of dollars because of this.

Awesome, Thanks for the reply. How did you find the PH? Did you purchase the premium drink package since you had two bottles of liquor in your cabin.

We loved it. I know this has not been everyone's experience, but from our experience, they did everything to ensure our trip was wonderful. Our Butler was great and always available to help. He took care of a number of requests, including pre-dinner appetizers most evenings, show shines, had a sport-coats buttons repaired, served us breakfast every morning, getting restaurant reservations, etc.

Many of the ships staff knew who we were and would come up and talk to us when we were out an about. It was my birthday and the Asst Head of Housekeeping sent a cake up to the cabin, complementary.

We had Select Dining with a 7pm reservation everyday, so they had a standing table for us in the MDR with the same wait-staff. But on nights we preferred the Blu menu, we would eat there. Never once did they even hesitate to accommodate us.

We all had the premium drink package, which even with the free bottles in the room, we felt was worth it. First, we drink more wine then hard-liquor. Second, the convenience of just getting what you want, when you want, without having to sign receipts alone was a huge bonus. It was also nice in the dining rooms, because the Sommelier would just select a wine by the bottle for us, based on our taste, even if not available by the glass and keep our glasses full throughout the evening. We also enjoyed the ability to get real coffee at the Cafe and I loved the fresh-brewed iced-tea after coming back from a Port.

We just booked another trip in October in the Penthouse and Royal Suites based on how good last fall's trip was.

We loved it. I know this has not been everyone's experience, but from our experience, they did everything to ensure our trip was wonderful. Our Butler was great and always available to help. He took care of a number of requests, including pre-dinner appetizers most evenings, show shines, had a sport-coats buttons repaired, served us breakfast every morning, getting restaurant reservations, etc.

Many of the ships staff knew who we were and would come up and talk to us when we were out an about. It was my birthday and the Asst Head of Housekeeping sent a cake up to the cabin, complementary.

We had Select Dining with a 7pm reservation everyday, so they had a standing table for us in the MDR with the same wait-staff. But on nights we preferred the Blu menu, we would eat there. Never once did they even hesitate to accommodate us.

We all had the premium drink package, which even with the free bottles in the room, we felt was worth it. First, we drink more wine then hard-liquor. Second, the convenience of just getting what you want, when you want, without having to sign receipts alone was a huge bonus. It was also nice in the dining rooms, because the Sommelier would just select a wine by the bottle for us, based on our taste, even if not available by the glass and keep our glasses full throughout the evening. We also enjoyed the ability to get real coffee at the Cafe and I loved the fresh-brewed iced-tea after coming back from a Port.

We just booked another trip in October in the Penthouse and Royal Suites based on how good last fall's trip was.

John, thanks so much for the information. We are leaning towards the premium drinks package as well and will decide once on board. I love the idea of not having to sign slips and trying the different drinks i would not normally try plus the smoothies! Do you have any photo's of the suite?

Thanks again!

Archived