Latitudes Rewards - I got downgraded

Crazyshopper

I had a gold status after my 6th cruise. With the new system, I am now Silver. Did this happen to anyone. I am so bummed.

How did that happen? Under the old system, you needed 9 complete cruises to become gold. :confused:

I made the mistake. I thought I was gold. I just found my old records and I was silver.

I could be gold if they count my upsell to a penthouse and if they count my last cruise which I won by bingo.

Thanks for clarifying.

well, if in seven cruises you have gotten an upsell and won a freebie, I'd say you are a lucky person. Far better to be a lucky silver than an unlucky gold:D

I had a gold status after my 6th cruise. With the new system, I am now Silver. Did this happen to anyone. I am so bummed.

Consider yourself lucky. They have once again lost my records and informed me that I have to submit proof of sailing to retain my status.

Submit a request for them to re-examine your records - it takes some time but in my case they gave me the extra points for my first cruise where I was upsold to a penthouse - I also had them correct my wife's account as we are both lattitudes members. I am still Silver - but seven points closer to Gold - which I should get in June after my next cruise - 7 days in a suite booked a year in advance.

I agree. I don't have any problem with not getting extra points for the upsell we got. Yes, I paid for it, but I still paid much less than what it would have cost to book the suite to begin with. The savings was worth much more than the points.

Submit a request for them to re-examine your records - it takes some time but in my case they gave me the extra points for my first cruise where I was upsold to a penthouse - I also had them correct my wife's account as we are both lattitudes members. I am still Silver - but seven points closer to Gold - which I should get in June after my next cruise - 7 days in a suite booked a year in advance.

I am going to send an email to them to see if I can get more.

well, if in seven cruises you have gotten an upsell and won a freebie, I'd say you are a lucky person. Far better to be a lucky silver than an unlucky gold:D

Yes, I was lucky to get the upsell call. I was really happy to get it. It was really helpful with two young kids.

The freebie was worth $1000 and I paid $100 for the bingo. It was a savings for the cruise, but it wasn't a time that my husband and I wanted to go. I just didn't want to lose my winning. You had to use it within 1 year.

For my wife and I the new program works great. We are silver after 2 cruises (34 pts). We will be gold after our 3rd cruise (21 pt) and will be platinum after our 4th cruise (48 pts).

That what makes the "suite life" even sweeter!:) We'll be platinum after our Star cruise since we are only 8 and 9 points away now. We will be 3 and 4 points away after our 2 CTN's before the Star.

Archived