Tender times

gregeol

We are taking are first Azamara and Mediterranean cruise this summer. We are in several ports where the ship doesn't depart until midnight, specifically Sorrento, Capri, Taormina, Kusadasi, Mykonos. We have spent late nights at Caribbean ports and most things are closed, plus we were docked. I know there will be more going on in the European ports so how late will the tenders run in these ports?

You may not tender in Mykonos. There is a pier. It will depend on the number of ships in on your day of arrival.

The tender times will be posted onboard. Since you have to be onboard 30 minutes prior to sailaway you should generally plan on an hour to 45 minutes. Some tender trips take longer than others.

I'm sure there will be other posters who have taken the itinerary, or a similar one, who will have more definite information.

Have a wonderful time planning your cruise. Once you set sail everything on Azamara you will be in for a treat.

We tendered into Mykonos. We were there till around 11p I think so we went ashore for dinner and caught a tender back around 10:30p. They were packing up the little stand they had on the jetty so I think it may have been one of the last ones.

It is fabulous being in port until late as you really get to see a different side when all the other ships have gone....and get to have dinner ashore too.

It is fabulous being in port until late as you really get to see a different side when all the other ships have gone....and get to have dinner ashore too.

When the ship is not going to leave port till the late evening, I'm always amazed that lots of people rush back to the ship to have dinner missing the experience of sampling the nightlife and food ashore.

Archived