For Me, It's Buh-bye Celebrity

heidik

I guess I have to put in my 2 cents now.. I disagree that a mass market ship is just that.. having been on 10 cruises ourselves, sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you get a exceptional surprise. We got that booking a S2 suite on the Silhouette. First .. the cost of the suite was not thousands more( as we wouldn't have paid that) and most importantly... The suite on this ship was hardly a Holliday Inn!!

As a matter of fact it WAS as nice as some of the Luxe lines rooms, larger, and with some verry nice amenities, including the Butler service and at a Much cheaper cost.. Granted the food and other amenties on a mass market ship can be mediocre. We made up for that by eating in the speciality restaurants most of the time and having our Butler bring us exceptional room service. Factoring in the additional cost of eating at speciality restaurants we came out "smelling like a rose".

Our experience.... maybe not the Four Seasons... but .. definately the Hyatt Regency....

and at the price of a basic Marriott..LOL.. cheers...

Replying to Colorado Babes post..If you want to know what the amenities are for a Sky Suite, or any suite in the future, be sure that you read every and ALL the brochures, and all the fine print on their site.. You will be surprised how much info there is and how much YOU are intitled to!! We did just that and consequently received, fresh flowers in our suite, tote bag on arrival, unlimited freesh squeezed O.J.( ordered off our room service menu) and entrence to the Persian Garden relaxation Room at no additional charge for the 12 days!!! Not bad for a "Mass market" Ship...:--)

Replying to Colorado Babes post..If you want to know what the amenities are for a Sky Suite, or any suite in the future, be sure that you read every and ALL the brochures, and all the fine print on their site.. You will be surprised how much info there is and how much YOU are intitled to!! We did just that and consequently received, fresh flowers in our suite, tote bag on arrival, unlimited freesh squeezed O.J.( ordered off our room service menu) and entrence to the Persian Garden relaxation Room at no additional charge for the 12 days!!! Not bad for a "Mass market" Ship...:--)

Was this on Silhouette? You can use the relaxation room when staying in a suite? That would be wonderful.

yes. we were on the Silhouette Nov 30th..There was much confusion concerning this. If you read the brochure carefully,( buried on around page 110-115) it says that the relaxation room is included in all aqua class rooms and suites!! Well as we know... there are NO Aqua class suites on the Silhouette,therefor, my interpretation and position was that we were intitled to use the relaxation room since we were in a Sky Suite.. After some heated discuessions and a satellite call to corporate in Miami... Voila'.....we had use for the 12 days and they suddenly became our best friends!!!...LOL

BTW... anyone going to sail on the new Reflection won't be as fortunate... They now have Aqua class suites!!....cheers

yes. we were on the Silhouette Nov 30th..There was much confusion concerning this. If you read the brochure carefully,( buried on around page 110-115) it says that the relaxation room is included in all aqua class rooms and suites!! Well as we know... there are NO Aqua class suites on the Silhouette,therefor, my interpretation and position was that we were intitled to use the relaxation room since we were in a Sky Suite.. After some heated discuessions and a satellite call to corporate in Miami... Voila'.....we had use for the 12 days and they suddenly became our best friends!!!...LOL

BTW... anyone going to sail on the new Reflection won't be as fortunate... They now have Aqua class suites!!....cheers

Ouch, will I have to fight them to get the privilege? I'm not sure if it is worth it.

Although one night, falling asleep on one of those chairs might be something worth repeating.....

I mentioned Keith Earlier he is amazing!

I might think there may be more than one Keith, as ours was not "amazing". ;)

It has it's own category:

Children

just kidding...don't want to anger the disney fans....but I just couldn't possible listen to "its a small world" throughout the ship...over and over and, YES, I could hear it playing over and over as we were leaving Port Canaveral on another ship with a Disney ship in port....

I am by no means a DCL apologist, but we have taken 4 cruises on their line and do not find them annoying in the least.

This is from a childless couple who does not usually appreciate other people's children!

And while I believe the poster that said they could hear the Small World tune being played over and over, I never experienced that.

LOL Our first cruise was DCL, with a verandah (not a suite). I must admit we enjoyed the DCL Magic more, except for the embarkation from Florida. Cape Liberty was MUCH easier for us, but we sailed Summit before it was refurbished and it looked a little tired. Disney Magic was a newer ship.

I don't know that I would cruise Disney again since our daughter is a young adult now, but it was a nice mixture of family and adult fun when she was 7. She went to the Kids' club after dinner & the show for an hour or two every evening to play and DH and I had some quiet time at the piano bar.

That's my point exactly. I knew what we were supposed to get in our sky suite. Our butler kept telling us no. I would have to keep going down to the pursur desk to get what we paid for. Apparently, the pursur's desk didn't know we were supposed to get flowers in our suite because we never got any. I was told we don't get flowers. How do you know if your orange juice was fresh squeezed? Just wondering!! I couldn't tell if it was or wasn't.

I might think there may be more than one Keith, as ours was not "amazing". ;)

I hear yah. Keith even made some condesending remarks to my husband. I am not going to get into it but we should have reported him to the hotel manager but we didn't. Like I said, I shouldn't of had to spend my vacation time running down to the pursur desk and spending my valuable time trying to get the services/goods that we paid for. I am going to call Celebrity up today and ask them why we didn't get flowers in our suite. I also let them know that I spent at least 30 minutes at the desk and was told we don't get them.

Just spoke to post cruise relations. They just informed me that Sky suites do not get flowers on the summit. If anyone has received them it was a special gift from the butler. They also confirmed that Sky suites do not get fresh squeezed orange juice however, you should get capuccino/espresso and a tote bag. :)

Just a thought - is it possible that building so many mega ships within a short period of time created a situation where Celebrity was forced to hire some crew that they wouldn't have hired when they had less positions to fill?

I'm sure that may be part of the problem. There also seem to be a lot more demanding, uninformed passengers who individually take a lot more of the staff's time, leaving them less time to care for "everyone" in their area.

They are nice... but .. not THAT nice....they want you to only spend maybe 30-45 min on them as they get crowded and there are only ( if memory serves) 9 on them.

If you want to really relax.. go down to the front of the ship at the lower level of the Spa. there is a wonderful quiet relaxation room there with very comfortable chase lounges, the size of beds!! Relax with a cucumber infused water while you look out the full length picture windows to where the ship is heading... Sweet Dreams...!!

(btw,,, it is FREE)

I made the relations desk print out all the perks we were intitled too from all the sites and brochures!! Case closed..lol...

Once you have tasted fresh squeezed O.J. Nothing even comes close!!..

If you couldn't tell.. It WAS NOT fresh!!..Cheers

From our experience and many others on the boards we have discovered you can get different answers from customer service if you talk to different people. Most of them don't know the current rules or perks and thus they give out answers that may or may not be correct. This topic has been discussed many times. So...

A Sky Suite is a suite. They do receive flowers and you are entitled to fresh squeezed juice (as was pointed out that it is on the expanded room service breakfast menu). Concierge Class and above get the expanded room service menu and that includes free fresh squeezed juices and smoothies. We had both flowers and fresh squeezed juice in our SS1.

Here's the list of perks from Celebrity's website. The expanded menu is not on there, but the flowers sure are.

Celebrity's suites include European style butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

•Assistance with unpacking/packing•Daily news delivery•Full breakfast•In-suite lunch & dinner service•In-suite afternoon tea service•Evening hors d'oeuvres daily•Complimentary espresso & cappuccino•Shoeshine service•Delivery of requested board games

Additional (non-butler related) Perks:

•1-2 complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations (depends on length of cruise). •Priority check-in and departing•Priority luggage delivery at boarding•Welcome champagne•Dining room seating preference•Personalized stationery•Celebrity tote bag•100% cotton oversized bath towels•Frette bathrobes•Fresh cut flowers•Private portrait sitting

Note that the complimentary specialty dining reservations on the Summit are usually only on the first night on a space available basis. S class suites are different. I believe they can choose whatever night they want to use their free dining.

If you look under the sky suites under the Summit on Celebrity's website and look through the long list of amenities you will see flowers are not listed. I can't remember if OJ is or not. Printing this list and bringing it along would help I think...I do, so that I am sure of what we are to receive, but also of what we are not, so that there aren't any misunderstandings or conflicts.

I do think it's silly that CC cabins get flowers and SS don't....seems SS should be entitled to them as well, but that's the way it goes I guess. I'm considering just ordering a nice bouquet for the room for the week because I like flowers so much. Now to convince my husband! :D

The amenities you list below are not the same as the ones shown under Summit's Sky Suites on Celebrity's website. Maybe they are accurate for other ships but not Summit (I haven't looked at other ships). Just FYI.

From our experience and many others on the boards we have discovered you can get different answers from customer service if you talk to different people. Most of them don't know the current rules or perks and thus they give out answers that may or may not be correct. This topic has been discussed many times. So...

A Sky Suite is a suite. They do receive flowers and you are entitled to fresh squeezed juice (as was pointed out that it is on the expanded room service breakfast menu). Concierge Class and above get the expanded room service menu and that includes free fresh squeezed juices and smoothies. We had both flowers and fresh squeezed juice in our SS1.

Here's the list of perks from Celebrity's website. The expanded menu is not on there, but the flowers sure are.

Celebrity's suites include European style butler service, a Celebrity exclusive.

•Assistance with unpacking/packing•Daily news delivery•Full breakfast•In-suite lunch & dinner service•In-suite afternoon tea service•Evening hors d'oeuvres daily•Complimentary espresso & cappuccino•Shoeshine service•Delivery of requested board games

Additional (non-butler related) Perks:

•1-2 complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations (depends on length of cruise). •Priority check-in and departing•Priority luggage delivery at boarding•Welcome champagne•Dining room seating preference•Personalized stationery•Celebrity tote bag•100% cotton oversized bath towels•Frette bathrobes•Fresh cut flowers•Private portrait sitting

Note that the complimentary specialty dining reservations on the Summit are usually only on the first night on a space available basis. S class suites are different. I believe they can choose whatever night they want to use their free dining.

Hi All,

Interesting topic.

Have to agree 100% with FANNY75 here... it really is a case of YOU as the Customer have to be aware of what is offered / stated for any particular Class and WHERE...

I offer the following from Celebrity's Caribbean 2012/13 Cruises Brochure (page 13) in regards to the Flower issue being discussed here...

== snip ==

So beautiful, closing your eyes is optional.

Our vacations are all about wrapping you in modern luxury and transporting you beyond the ordinary. Which is why we offer the most sumptuous accommodations you can imagine. We designed our world-class staterooms to be a study in forward-thinking design, beautiful craftmanship and innovative storage. Our private verandas and suites offer breathtaking views and room for a private meal or morning coffee. We welcome you with sparkling wine, fresh fruits and flowers*, wrap you in extra-plush towels, lull you to sleep in the comfort of 100% cotton linens and warm you with thick comforters. And our aquatic spa therapy toiletry collection -- created exclusively for guests of Celebrity Cruises -- was designed to bathe you in luxury.

Further paragraphs on this page in regards to accommodations go on to say...

Stylish Staterooms and Suites

Celebrity Suites - Guests enjoy extended amenitites, including complimentary European-styled bultler service, restaurant seating preferences, in-suite meals and more.

Spa-inspired AquaClass Staterooms & Suites** - This brand new class of staterooms and suites provide a tranquil atmosphere and added amenities. Located on the same deck as the AquaSpa Relaxation Room, these veranda staterooms offer extras from daily deliveries of waters and teas to spa-inspired personal care products and complimentary and unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room, as well as special wellness classses. Plus, you can enjoy priority access to an exclusive restaurant, Blu, and it's clean, contemporary and unforgettable fare.

NOTES

* Available in Suites, AquaClass and Concierge Class only.

** AquaClass Staterooms not available on Celebrity Constellation

.... AquaClass Suites available on Celebrity Reflection only.

== end ==

PS... I have said this before here on CC... EVERYONE who has a cruise booked with Celebrity truly should get themselves a copy of the Celebrity Brochure for the cruise / region they are going to... there is a TON of valuable info in this documentation !!

As stated, by other Cruisers... the above is just a partial listing of amenities for Suite Classes... one really has to read all the fine print in various Celebrity publications / documents to be sure one knows ALL that one is entitled to (has paid for).

On our recent cruise on the Solstice, in a C-Class Cabin, we too had to notify Guest Relations that some of our amenities were missing (bathrobes specifically)... when the Cabin Steward delivered them (morning Day Two) we went over with her what I had discovered in our cabin that was either missing or not working (she got our tv remote fixed) ... after that ZERO issues... infact everything from that moment onward was absolutely PERFECT... so much so, that we all became great friends and had no issue leaving her and her assistant with a nice extra tip each. BTW... when she brought the Bathrobes she apologized for the original mix-up saying that she had just returned to the ship to begin a new contract after having been away several months... and was a bit out of sorts (what the mind will forget on vacation) and having left her family and children behind... and had truly forgotten some items in error that come with Concierge Class ... I appreciated her explanation, and her genuine honesty... and in the days that followed she was truly amazing... I would love to have her as our Cabin Steward again in the future.

Cheers!

Hi All,

Interesting topic.

Have to agree 100% with FANNY75 here... it really is a case of YOU as the Customer have to be aware of what is offered / stated for any particular Class and WHERE...

I offer the following from Celebrity's Caribbean 2012/13 Cruises Brochure (page 13) in regards to the Flower issue being discussed here...

== snip ==

So beautiful, closing your eyes is optional.

Our vacations are all about wrapping you in modern luxury and transporting you beyond the ordinary. Which is why we offer the most sumptuous accommodations you can imagine. We designed our world-class staterooms to be a study in forward-thinking design, beautiful craftmanship and innovative storage. Our private verandas and suites offer breathtaking views and room for a private meal or morning coffee. We welcome you with sparkling wine, fresh fruits and flowers*, wrap you in extra-plush towels, lull you to sleep in the comfort of 100% cotton linens and warm you with thick comforters. And our aquatic spa therapy toiletry collection -- created exclusively for guests of Celebrity Cruises -- was designed to bathe you in luxury.

Further paragraphs on this page in regards to accommodations go on to say...

Stylish Staterooms and Suites

Celebrity Suites - Guests enjoy extended amenitites, including complimentary European-styled bultler service, restaurant seating preferences, in-suite meals and more.

Spa-inspired AquaClass Staterooms & Suites** - This brand new class of staterooms and suites provide a tranquil atmosphere and added amenities. Located on the same deck as the AquaSpa Relaxation Room, these veranda staterooms offer extras from daily deliveries of waters and teas to spa-inspired personal care products and complimentary and unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room, as well as special wellness classses. Plus, you can enjoy priority access to an exclusive restaurant, Blu, and it's clean, contemporary and unforgettable fare.

NOTES

* Available in Suites, AquaClass and Concierge Class only.

** AquaClass Staterooms not available on Celebrity Constellation

.... AquaClass Suites available on Celebrity Reflection only.

== end ==

As stated, this is just a partial listing of amenities for Suite Classes... one really has to read all the fine print in various Celebrity publications / documents to be sure one knows ALL that one is entitled to (has paid for).

On our recent cruise on the Solstice, in a C-Class Cabin, we too had to notify Guest Relations that some of our amenities were missing (bathrobes specifically)... when the Cabin Steward delivered them (morning Day Two) we went over with her what I had discovered in our cabin that was either missing or not working (she got our tv remote fixed) ... after that ZERO issues... infact everything from that moment onward was absolutely PERFECT... so much so, that we all became great friends and had no issue leaving her and her assistant with a nice extra tip each. BTW... when she brought the Bathrobes she apologized for the original mix-up saying that she had just returned to the ship to begin a new contract and was a bit out of sorts (what the mind will forget on vacation) and having left her family and children behind... and had truly forgotten some items in error that come with Concierge Class ... I appreciated her explanation, and her genuine honesty... and in the days that followed she was truly amazing... I would love to have her as our Cabin Steward again in the future.

Cheers!

I wish the suites had access to the relaxation lounge, but I can't see it says this since the ... seem to indicate it means Reflection Aqua class suites. Please convince me I am wrong. I would love to have this amenity, because I am an AQ fan.

I wish the suites had access to the relaxation lounge, but I can't see it says this since the ... seem to indicate it means Reflection Aqua class suites. Please convince me I am wrong. I would love to have this amenity, because I am an AQ fan.

TO HULAMOON,

According to all that I've read (and seen) it does appear that only AquaClass Passengers (be it regular Aqua-Class Cabins or the NEW AquaSuites to come on the Reflection) have FREE Access to Persian Gardens & the Relaxation Lounge...

Mr Sloop and I were exploring the ship on the second day of our cruise (having not seen everything on Day One) and were at the Spa hoping to see both these facilities... when we were unceremoniously "escorted" out of the Aqua Spa because we weren't AquaClass... (thinking our Gold Coloured Sea Passes on lanyards around our necks gave us away)

I found the toss-out a bit rude, but to be truthful I knew why (we weren't Aqua Class). Infact out of all the venues on the ship that we visited we found the Spa area the least friendly or helpful (even when I came in later in the week to ask Questions about services on a Sea Day)... I put it down to the fact that the staff there are NOT CELEBRITY but rather contracted out... BIG difference in attitude if you ask me (friends had a similar experience with the Photography Studio folks who are also NOT CELEBRITY Staff)

Cheers!

The amenities you list below are not the same as the ones shown under Summit's Sky Suites on Celebrity's website. Maybe they are accurate for other ships but not Summit (I haven't looked at other ships). Just FYI.

I can verify from personal experience having been in an SS1 on the Summit just last month that I received every single one of the amenities I listed, including the fresh flowers. There is even a vase built in to the desk for the flowers.

So yes these amenities are accurate for the Summit.

I haven't known you long..But you are a researcher, and if it was there I bet you would have found it.:D

Hope you enjoyed your first cruise! Do you have a review posted?

TO HULAMOON,

Yes Research is a "hangover" from my working days... but it comes in handy for someone who likes to Travel and plan vacations away :)

As for my REVIEW... this really is my first day back to feeling half-normal post cruise... we were very exhausted and suffering a bit from land-sickness / sea-legs (so the first day that I've been browsing the CC Boards).

My REVIEW will be quite long.. lol, I have a lot to say, and lots of great info to share with others (including the 2012 Celebrity Wine List) ... have just begun the drafting process today (and the laundry :( )

Will certainly post a topic here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARD when both are available in a ready to read format ...

Cheers!

Archived