St Kitts bound

judydeleon

Visit the ports of call board.... tons of ideas there. We did a tour with Royston (actually had his cousin Ashton as our guide), and had a fantastic day. A friend of mine just toured with Royston as well, and she had a great time too; it was one of their favorite days. It was one of ours too! roystontours dot com.

Our favorite thing is to go to Cockleshell Beach at the extreme southern end of the island. The beach is nice with views of Nevis in the distance. Very good restaurant and service not to mention a 600 lb pig named Wilbur! Getting there is the best part as the road runs down the spine of the island. Dramatic views of the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other.

Third trip to Cockleshell coming up in March.

On our last cruise, St. Kitts was our last port of call. By then we were tired and a little too toasty from all the previous days' of sun-worshipping so we just went to the shops in port then headed back to the ship, so can't help you there.

BUT, just a warning, there are a few guys with a little monkey that are waiting for you as soon as you walk into the port. Don't let them near you. they'll walk over and put the monkey on your shoulder and offer to take your pic with your camera then demand money. It didn't happen to me but I saw them in action. they came walking torwards me and I put my hand up and sternly said "No" then they turned and walked another way.

Although we were only in port, the island is gorgeous!!! Have agreat cruise!!:cool:

We really enjoyed Cockleshell Beach too! Nice views on the ride out to the beach. Wilbur was amazing! He's huge and not tied to anything! He just lays around all day...for the most part.

Our trip to St. Kitts and Cockleshell Beach: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/southern-caribbean-cruise-2009-part-7.html

Our favorite thing is to go to Cockleshell Beach at the extreme southern end of the island. The beach is nice with views of Nevis in the distance. Very good restaurant and service not to mention a 600 lb pig named Wilbur! Getting there is the best part as the road runs down the spine of the island. Dramatic views of the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other.

Third trip to Cockleshell coming up in March.

I agree with Relayer, DH and I spent a day at Reggae Beach Bar and had a great time in March 2010. Got some pictures with Wilbur, and some nice pictures of Nevis from the beach. And yes, the drive there was beautiful! Would love to go there again some day. :)

I'm sailing on the Carnival Victory on April 22 and am trying to find some neat things to do in St. Kitts. Ay suggestions?

We will be getting on that ship as you are disembarking.... I hope you have a wonderful cruise, as I am sure DW and I will the week after you.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be getting on that ship as you are disembarking.... I hope you have a wonderful cruise, as I am sure DW and I will the week after you.

I booked a tour with Herrod Tours. I read about him here on the boards. I think it will be great fun.

Archived