Eurodam SC vs. Noordam SB

heidik

So far I've been in an SA and an SB midship and really enjoyed them. I just got off the Celebrity Solstice and had an aft corner Sky suite and absolutely loved loved loved the location (not the suite though...). I really want to book my next HAL cruise in this aft corner location.... My question is - what is the difference between the Eurodam SC vs. the Noordam SB aft suites - besides the deck levels? I have a deposit on a Eurodam SC, but I'm not sure I'm going to like this ship (bigger, a more modern decor that I can see from the photos which does not appeal to me...) as opposed to the Vistas I've been on and loved.......thanks!

So far I've been in an SA and an SB midship and really enjoyed them. I just got off the Celebrity Solstice and had an aft corner Sky suite and absolutely loved loved loved the location (not the suite though...). I really want to book my next HAL cruise in this aft corner location.... My question is - what is the difference between the Eurodam SC vs. the Noordam SB aft suites - besides the deck levels? I have a deposit on a Eurodam SC, but I'm not sure I'm going to like this ship (bigger, a more modern decor that I can see from the photos which does not appeal to me...) as opposed to the Vistas I've been on and loved.......thanks!

Size wise the basic difference between the Eurodam and her sister ship the Nieuw Amsterdam vs the Noordam and her sister ships the Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam are the verandah sizes just outside the verandah door.

If you look at my Nieuw Amsterdam (the Eurodam will be almost exactly the same) photos of my SC 6164 verandah (click on the photo to see full sized):

sm-6164_IRL_Joanie-46.jpg

vs SB on Noordam SB 7145

sm_ytbcruizer_houses-011.jpg

The Staterooms interiors are almost the same size. It is the verandahs that are much larger on the Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam.

Joanie

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on both the Noordam and the Eurodam and they felt about the same size to me. Not significant difference. I liked the chandelier of the Eurodam better and the artwork of the Noordam better. I am sailing again on the Eurodam in April, but I plan to go on the Noordam again too. Both great ships and the service is top-notch on both.

I would take the Noordam myself assuming itineraries etc are the same:)

Haven't been on the Eurodam, but on her sister ship the NA.

We were enchanted with the Noordam. The art, the elegance, etc.

The NA is a nice ship = but it just didn't 'move' me.

I've found service seems to be better on the smaller ships (that's subjective I know) and we have moved back to them for now and so far, haven't regretted it one bit.

We had SB on Zuiderdam (per retrofit) and loved it. On our Last Eurodam cruise we opted to drop down to SC to get a bigger cabin/balcony.

Here is a brief video I shot of the Eurodam SC 4181:

We love the Aft wraps but are gonna change gears on our upcoming Eurodam cruise Nov 2012 since we just added twin daughters to our family this past fall.

Archived