Sanibel Island Fl-No. 1

jackdiamond

It's really a strange choice and I think it would be good to post the criteria that they used.

There are so many other places one could choose based on your interests. Certainly you would have London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence high on any list. Marakesh, Kyoto, Luxor, Xian would be very high on my list...the galapagos might even be higher than those mentioned, but that's due to personal interests.

Let's see....Sanibel or Xian? Sanibel or Florence? Boy, it's really hard to pick Sanibel unless you have been to lots of other places. On the other hand, if you want a nice beach with good restaurants at semi rationale prices, Sanibel is a good choice, but then there's Siesta Key (Crescent Beach rated best beach in the US) and so many others...

I was trying to find the original source for this... here's one (not sure if it's the first):

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/ct-arthur-frommers-favorite-travel-destinations-pg,0,5191644.photogallery

Seems it is Arthur Frommer (who is no longer at the helm of the Frommer's guidebooks or frommers.com) saying that these are his personal favourites.

As opposed to:

http://www.frommers.com/micro/2011/top-destinations-2012/

... on which Sanibel does not appear, though a number of cruise ports/destinations do.

And I agree with ghstudio about Siesta Key! :D

Siesta-Key-Sunset-5983-HDRj-S.jpg

Archived