Is Costa doing enough?

Was reading this article http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0119/Costa-Concordia-owner-offers-refunds-but-gets-low-marks-for-response

And checked out the Costa website. I don't think they are doing enough. Their website hardly acknowledges what happened. They haven't done nearly enough for the people on that ship and aren't stepping up at all.

When something happened with Royal Caribbean, I always remember there being a pop-up screen or something in big red letters on the front page, along with who to contact about it. I really thought the Costa website should have had an entire screen dedicated to what happened, where to find information, and who to call before you can even go onto the website.

All it says is "Costa Concordia update". I have heard a few people say they can't seem to actually get ahold of anyone, I didn't personally try to call the number though.

Huh? Right in the middle of the page is a phone number for updates.

It is complete speculation for anyone not affected as to whether the line is doing enough. Let those who need the resources use them as opposed to having them be clogged up by looky-loos searching for ammunition to dogpile on the public criticism.

It is complete speculation for anyone not affected as to whether the line is doing enough. Let those who need the resources use them as opposed to having them be clogged up by looky-loos searching for ammunition to dogpile on the public criticism.

Exactly

I agree. Very well stated.

A few people on the Costa boards were the ones who stated they had difficulty getting in contact with someone.

I am not really surprised after reading this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/9020878/Sue-us-if-you-want-compensation-Concordia-survivors-told.html

Also on Costa boards I read from one of the posters she didn't even get help from Costa to get a plane ride home.

A few people on the Costa boards were the ones who stated they had difficulty getting in contact with someone.

I am not really surprised after reading this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/9020878/Sue-us-if-you-want-compensation-Concordia-survivors-told.html

Also on Costa boards I read from one of the posters she didn't even get help from Costa to get a plane ride home.

I would take an article like that with a healthy dose of skepticism. Remember, it is no longer the role of the news media to report the truth. It is merely their job to get you to read their paper, watch their television broadcast, or visit their website.

Accuracy takes a back seat to sensationalism.

After reading some of the posts from passengers over at the Costa forum, I was just shocked. One woman from Australia said she got mostly help from her embassy and that the Costa staff at the hotel left by Sunday before most of the passengers were even able to get flights back home. Between that article and the one I read about one of the CEOs saying the passengers are "sensationalizing" this (http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16152275)... but there is a question about losing what is said in translation since all of the things we heard (like the conversation between the captain and the commander) were originally in Italian.

RCI forum readers are also interested in info about Concordia.

It is a HUGE incident in the cruising industry and impacts everybody who enjoys cruising.

The Costa boards are only a click away.:rolleyes:

To precisely this point, the statement accredited to a CEO in your post was actually from someone who seems to hold the rank of assistant cruise director on a ship or equivalent... Not exactly c-suite nor authorized to speak for the line....

Her Linked In:

Monica Bova

Asst.Cruise Director - Costa Crociere S.p.a.

After reading some of the posts from passengers over at the Costa forum, I was just shocked. One woman from Australia said she got mostly help from her embassy and that the Costa staff at the hotel left by Sunday before most of the passengers were even able to get flights back home. Between that article and the one I read about one of the CEOs saying the passengers are "sensationalizing" this (http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16152275)... but there is a question about losing what is said in translation since all of the things we heard (like the conversation between the captain and the commander) were originally in Italian.

The Costa boards are only a click away.:rolleyes:

Its VERY easy to just skip over Costa threads here :rolleyes: For some of us, this is the only forum on this whole website that we utilize.

Why is it such a big deal to just skip over the Costa threads if you dont like them? Everyone of them are very well titled

Archived