Can I take food off the ship?

tbiesinger

[quote name='Cruzface']Maybe if the islands served food that didn't make you sick and had water that was clean and didn't make you crap your brains out (not to mention over priced), people may not try to bring food off the ship.

And yes, I am special.[/QUOTE]

Ugly American syndrome isn't that special.

[quote name='Cruzface']Oh yeah, we may introduce a parasite into their water supply which will cause dysentery to everyone who drinks it... um, yeah:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Anytime you travel to another city in another country or even in the US , there are different microorganisms in the water that your body isn't accustomed to. There is a possibility to get "Montezuma's revenge" anywhere. It isn't only limited to Mexico.

If you bring fruit off the ship and there is a parasite of some type on the fruit, you will potentially be introducing it to the crops by air, not by water.

[quote name='fellowfloater'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Everyone is an expert. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I must say[SIZE=5][COLOR=red] I had a good laugh[/COLOR][/SIZE] when the local athorities stopped passengers, went through their carry bags, and found all kinds of fresh fruit etc. It is NOT Permitted to bring fruit into any country, no matter what local experts here have to say. Can't anyone read the signs saying to NOT take food off the ship. They are always located right at the gangway![/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

So you stood there and laughed at those having apples confiscated? I bet you are just a joy to travel with;)

[quote name='fellowfloater'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Everyone is an expert. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I must say I had a good laugh when the local athorities stopped passengers, went through their carry bags, and found all kinds of fresh fruit etc. It is NOT Permitted to bring fruit into any country, no matter what local experts here have to say. Can't anyone read the signs saying to NOT take food off the ship. They are always located right at the gangway![/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

I bet you get a good laugh when someone slips and falls on the lido deck. After all there is a sign that says the deck may be slippery.

[quote name='tbiesinger']I had no idea this would be such a heated topic. I was just simply wondering if there were pre-packaged sandwiches or something on the ship that we could pack for lunch. It would be nice to save a few bucks, but no I am not that cheap and I am not trying to hide food in my bags or on my body to see how cheap I can be. I just wondered what was allowed.[/quote]

Tipping and diapers in the pool are the big hot button issues on CC. Congratulations, you found the third.:p Ag pests are a concern for those of us in Ag states.
NEVER EVER want to be crop-dusted by Malathion again. Loud, low heliocopters making several passes over the house overnight during the summer. All vents covered and couldn't run the airconditioner. Wouldn't want my worst enemy to go thru that PITA.

matj2000- please check where much of produce is imported from. Much is from Mexico.

**for shore excursions we have brought cereal boxes, cheese & cracker packages, cereal bars, hard candy and maybe a bottle of water. If you want to save money in port consider bringing a tuna lunch kit or something similar.
Ask several crewmembers where to eat. They usually know the good, local, inexpensive places.

Archived