Survivors on Dr. Phil tomorrow (Friday 1/20)

sr5242

Not that I am a big Dr. Phil show watcher but, I am home recovering from a rotator cuff surgery I had on the same day, Friday the 13th, the Costa Concordia accident happen. I did catch the show this morning and it was very sad what this family went through to get off that ship. I am glad they are ok but wonder what effects the accident will do to them long term down the road.

I was thinking if I had to do what they had to do I would have been in real trouble with a screwed up shoulder.

I missed it too but I checked out his website and found that they repeat it on Channel 10 ( in New Jersey ) at 6PM. Hopefully it will repeat in your area as well. Note.... He's on channel 2 here but for some reason its repeated on a different channel.

Not that I am a big Dr. Phil show watcher but, I am home recovering from a rotator cuff surgery I had on the same day, Friday the 13th, the Costa Concordia accident happen. I did catch the show this morning and it was very sad what this family went through to get off that ship. I am glad they are ok but wonder what effects the accident will do to them long term down the road.

I was thinking if I had to do what they had to do I would have been in real trouble with a screwed up shoulder.

I was thinking the same thing I have bad legs due to the after affects of Chemo and Radiation. I am not sure if I would have been where they were if I could have done it, just makes you think how short life can be. I know I could have not climbed down that ladder.

I don't watch that show very often. Does anyone know what time his show comes on in California? Thanks!

8 pm - same time as Dr Oz, right after the Jeopardy/wheel of fortune, at the same time as "Little house on the prarie" and a bunch of other interesting things.

Do you think Dr Phil will let them say what they feel? I doubt it.

Two things stand out . One is what the 4 family members had to go through for survival .There were no officers to give orders for the life boat drops.absolutely no guidance :o . Total chaos is the family report on the Dr Phil show:( .

2nd is the Editors report here on Cruise Critic ;which gives a clear script on what cruise lines need to review & change in the way of safety messures;)

Imo there are going to be many questions about cruise ship safety for millions of passengers:rolleyes: .

Dr Phil isn't sure what costa Cruise lines will be doing for each passenger & then the follow up to make sure that all of them are physically & mentally OK in their future living :confused:

Let's assume for a moment that Concordia's officers were all below decks trying to stop the flooding. That probably isn't accurate, but let's assume it for a moment.

Even if the confusion during the evacuation on board is somehow excusable (it isn't), the failure to look after passengers on land is inexcusable.

Even if corporate headquarters chartered buses and hotel rooms, it is inconceivable that corporate representatives did not go the hotels and try to assist the stranded passengers.

Airlines have much better disaster plans in place. Carnival, a huge corporate entity, should have had a much better plan in place in Rome. They should have filled every flight to Rome with staff from Miami if necessary to help the passengers.

Forget the folly of the captain. An inability to come to the assistance of stranded passengers is indicative of serious mismanagement at the top. Rome is not the headwaters of the Congo. Carnival should have had a plan to come to a disaster immediately in force. They didn't.

Dear georgia and dean. Thank u so much for your courage. You r an inspiration. U do have a bigger purpose. As one family whose daughter has also grown up on cruise ships we have also been affected by this tragedy. Thnk u once again. Cathy from los angeles

A very important comment from Dr Phil at the end of his show " who hired this captain " ;)

A quote appeared on this message board that a higher up from Miami saw him operate on a cruise and liked him; and personally had him appointed. His fellow captain peers have expressed reservations about this appointment.

A quote appeared on this message board that a higher up from Miami saw him operate on a cruise and liked him; and personally had him appointed. His fellow captain peers have expressed reservations about this appointment.

Would you please provide a link to this post? It would be very interesting to read.

Thank you.

Archived