RCI Cruise tour question

sully108

If anyone has done the Radiance of the Seas Land tour from Denali to Seward can you tell me if the Motorcoaches have bathrooms on board? We are traveling with kids and we all know what that means! also was the stop in Anchorage nice and did you reboard the same motorcoach to continue to Seward or do you need some kind of transfer.

Info so from the TA is not very in depth

If anyone has done the Radiance of the Seas Land tour from Denali to Seward can you tell me if the Motorcoaches have bathrooms on board? We are traveling with kids and we all know what that means! also was the stop in Anchorage nice and did you reboard the same motorcoach to continue to Seward or do you need some kind of transfer.

Info so from the TA is not very in depth

Yup!

Very nice buses....with bathrooms. None of the bus portions of the tours are all that long but they do have potties if you need them......

You will be on the same bus ( same driver, tour guide) the entire land portion of the tour.

Inside Denali.......Neither the tour buses nor the shuttles have bathrooms....may want the kids to back off on the juice and stop in the little rooms

before boarding.....

Yes, RCI has very nice tour buses. Do plan on your kids being the only ones on the tour, and bringing plenty of "extra" stuff for them.

Your tour has you on the bus from Denali Park to Seward in one day?? This is a brutal tour transfer, with looking at about 9 hours??? Are you sure?? Or are you coming from Talkeetna which is 3.5++ hours less.

According to the itinerary we leave Denali in the morning for Anchorage where we have lunch before continuing to Seward. I didn't realize it was that long of a haul but since we are on the RCI tour I assume we will still make the ship in Seward for a 5 pm sailing.

According to the itinerary we leave Denali in the morning for Anchorage where we have lunch before continuing to Seward. I didn't realize it was that long of a haul but since we are on the RCI tour I assume we will still make the ship in Seward for a 5 pm sailing.

Yes, you "assume" correctly, you will make it to the ship. As only a suggestion, there are alternative interior Alaska touring selections that may be a superior choice for a family.

Yes, you "assume" correctly, you will make it to the ship. As only a suggestion, there are alternative interior Alaska touring selections that may be a superior choice for a family.

"As only a suggestion, there are alternative interior Alaska touring selections that may be a superior choice for a family."

Can you elaborate on this ?

Thanks in advance.

"As only a suggestion, there are alternative interior Alaska touring selections that may be a superior choice for a family."

Can you elaborate on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Overall, it is not a good choice to take a family on a cruisetour. The fixed times and long transits can be tough for kids. It also sounds like you are on a short cruisetour?? This has especially long transit times, and early starts. You also are missing out on any sightseeing of Seward- which is a gem and has a jackpot opportunity for varied wildlife, and glacier- close up viewing. Depending on ages, Denali Park can be a poor choice for kids under 7/8. It is a mostly "scenery" transit, and depending on your cruisetour- if you don't get into the park with a Natural History or Discover Denali inclusion- it isn't even worth going there, in my opinion.

Getting a rental car can offer you way more for your money, plus a valuable feature- your TIME. Stop where and when you want, include the activities of your choice. Very very simple to arrange.

No flames please- you asked. :)

Overall, it is not a good choice to take a family on a cruisetour. The fixed times and long transits can be tough for kids. It also sounds like you are on a short cruisetour?? This has especially long transit times, and early starts. You also are missing out on any sightseeing of Seward- which is a gem and has a jackpot opportunity for varied wildlife, and glacier- close up viewing. Depending on ages, Denali Park can be a poor choice for kids under 7/8. It is a mostly "scenery" transit, and depending on your cruisetour- if you don't get into the park with a Natural History or Discover Denali inclusion- it isn't even worth going there, in my opinion.

Getting a rental car can offer you way more for your money, plus a valuable feature- your TIME. Stop where and when you want, include the activities of your choice. Very very simple to arrange.

No flames please- you asked. :)

..but I am also reading comments about the drive from anchorage to Denali being a iffy one, with traffic and frequent road blocks, how true is that ?

Also, is the scenery the same driving vis-a-vis taking the train ?

..but I am also reading comments about the drive from anchorage to Denali being a iffy one, with traffic and frequent road blocks, how true is that ?

Also, is the scenery the same driving vis-a-vis taking the train ?

Sorry, you have some very skewed, wrong information. The Parks Highway is a major two lane well traveled, well maintained road.

The most scenic portion of the Alaska RR is Anchorage/Seward. The Anchorage/Denali Park segment parallels the Parks Highway most of the trip. IF you are on a short cruisetour- this eats up 8 hours of time, not the best plan if you only have one night at Denali Park, either.

Factor out ALL the details (many are unknown by many purchasers) of the cruisetour you booked and verify, it is the best option for your family.

Yup!

Inside Denali.......Neither the tour buses nor the shuttles have bathrooms....may want the kids to back off on the juice and stop in the little rooms

before boarding.....

The tour buses and shuttle buses in Denali stop every 90 minutes at restrooms so don't be too alarmed by this comment. And the stop is 10-15 minutes so plenty of time to "go".

The tour buses and shuttle buses in Denali stop every 90 minutes at restrooms so don't be too alarmed by this comment. And the stop is 10-15 minutes so plenty of time to "go".

It could be valid with preschoolers. And with that, there are always some available bushes in some areas. :)

Archived