Ubd

SiBreeze

I know this is going to sound like a crazy question. If you have an oceanview or inside room, could you still do the UBD? Of course it wouldn't be on a balcony, but it would still be a private, romantic dinner for 2.

I know this is going to sound like a crazy question. If you have an oceanview or inside room, could you still do the UBD? Of course it wouldn't be on a balcony, but it would still be a private, romantic dinner for 2.

I have read posts from some who have done it in o/v or inside cabins. So there is a way to do it but I don't think it could be done with a card table & chairs like on a balcony...maybe they'd use TV trays & sit on the bed? :p

I have read posts from some who have done it in o/v or inside cabins. So there is a way to do it but I don't think it could be done with a card table & chairs like on a balcony...maybe they'd use TV trays & sit on the bed? :p

Hmm, tv trays. It would be just like home. LOL We could even wear our jammies. :D I think I will inquire next time I cruise. Is there a set menu for the UBD?

There is, but they will be flexible within reason. Our choices were filet, lobster and filet and lobster. But I don't care for lobster and requested and got some beautiful prawns. The other courses are a fixed menu.

(Ours was a crapload of canapes, Crab Quiche, a salad with too many ingredients to list, main course, a panacotta trio and small cookies and cakes)

Hmm, tv trays. It would be just like home. LOL We could even wear our jammies. :D I think I will inquire next time I cruise. Is there a set menu for the UBD?

I've read posts from those who have also requested some modifications on other courses & got them changed. That may be depend on who takes you request & could vary. I thought it was a great experience & will do it again whenever we have a balcony & an evening in port. There is plenty of food & most of our dessert went into the frig for the next day.

We successfully requested creme brulee instead of the mousse trio when we did the UBD on the Crown last month. They brought two raspberry ones plus a pineapple one that happened to be on the menu that night in the dining room.

We had to have our Ultimate Balcony Breakfast set up inside our BA cabin due to inclement weather while cruising the British Isle. They did a very nice job of it. They made a cascade from the desk down using smaller end tables and table cloths. It was beautiful but made the room tight.

Archived