Beverage drop off

butternut1

We are about to go on a 14 day cruise. On our past cruises we have always dropped off a case of diet cokes and a case of water. Those cruises have always been either 7 or 10 days. Does anyone know if there is a limit as to how many beverages one can drop off with the porter prior to embarkation? Thanks so much...

So, it's ok to take on soda? Can it be cans or just liter bottles? I hate to sound stuipid, but we will be going on our first cruise in about a month and I'm totally overwhelmed by all I've read....and now can't remember it all! Logistically speaking, how do you carry on a case of water and a case of pop while managing your luggage? I'm soooo confused....

Thanks for your help!

Logistically speaking, how do you carry on a case of water and a case of pop while managing your luggage? I'm soooo confused....

All you have to do is buy the drinks and get them into your preferred means of transportation to Port Everglades. Once your taxi or shuttle arrives at the ship, the driver and porters will take it out of the vehicle and bring it aboard. Just be sure it is packaged securely and has a luggage tag on it. And tip the driver/porters.

Logistically speaking, how do you carry on a case of water and a case of pop while managing your luggage? I'm soooo confused....

Thanks for your help!

As it has been mentioned you can bag it and tag it and it is treated like luggage or if you are just boarding with a carry on, shoulder bag etc, what we have done is added one bag or two, and for example last time we used one of the Publix recycle bags (99 cents) and in it had 12 pack of coke, 12 pack of ginger ale and water (forget the amount) as we bring a thing called bobble for our water. We just carried it on and it was just fine

Pete

So, it's ok to take on soda? Can it be cans or just liter bottles? I hate to sound stuipid, but we will be going on our first cruise in about a month and I'm totally overwhelmed by all I've read....and now can't remember it all! Logistically speaking, how do you carry on a case of water and a case of pop while managing your luggage? I'm soooo confused....

Thanks for your help!

We have brought a case of can sodas and a case of bottled water on each of our previous cruises. We laminate some luggage tags and just tape a tag to each carton and drop them off with the luggage with the porter prior to parking and then embarkation. The drinks are delivered along with the luggage to our state room shortly after embarkation. Because our next cruise will be 14 days instead of the usual 7 or 10, and we will be having guests this time, I will be needing to bring a little more. I was questioning if there was a limit to the number of cases that we could bring.

Thanks for your help!

We pack up a plastic crate with 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew (for me, especially), Sierra Mist, regular size bottles of Sobe/Vitaminwater, and a box o'wine, tape up and put a luggage tag on top. Hubby will give a tip for this. Gets in our cabin every time. I also put some 20-oz bottles in my carry on for the first afternoon. I brought one of those beverage thingies (can't remember what they're called) to pour some of my drink in or to take to the Horizon to get some lemonade. I don't care for cans as I can sometimes taste a metallic aftertaste.

For you, I would suggest having a legal pad or notebook by your computer. As you find suggestions that you like, write them down or copy and paste into a word document. Then when coming up with your packing list, just look over your notes. No need to bring everything or even consider all the suggestions you read. And certainly no reason to feel overwhelmed.

On Our Golden/Hawaii November Cruise recently I packed up a Case of Miller Lite Beer along with 4 2 liters of soda, 2 large Smart Water bottles filled with Vodka, a small bottle of Tequlia ALL in a Seperate Small Rolling Suitcase, CHECKED IT IN and Everyhting arrived on our room just fine....WE DID TIP THE PORTER WELL AS THE BAGS WERE QUITE HEAVY....

Also in our other check in larger luggage We had 4 bottles of wine and more mixers plus a pint of Jack Daniels......

Out bar was setup real nice.....:D

Why would anyone schelp along a case of bottled water? As has been stated over and over again here, Princess' shipboard water is as pure as - and often purer - than the bottled stuff, many brands of which have been proven to have a variety of delightful contaminants. Cheaper, too. It's not like the Ruby is a third-world country. Do the plastic trees a favor: buy a decent metal bottle and refill it onboard. Drop-off problem solved.

Why would anyone schelp along a case of bottled water? As has been stated over and over again here, Princess' shipboard water is as pure as - and often purer - than the bottled stuff, many brands of which have been proven to have a variety of delightful contaminants. Cheaper, too. It's not like the Ruby is a third-world country. Do the plastic trees a favor: buy a decent metal bottle and refill it onboard. Drop-off problem solved.

If you like the water onboard the ship, then fine, drink it. I personally do not care for the taste. Simple as that. You can talk about how pure it is till you are blue in the face. I don't doubt that it is perfectly fine to drink. Guess my taste buds are different than yours and perhaps many others. You like it, I DONT. This post wasn't about the purity of the water onboard the ship. It was about how many beverages can be dropped off with the porter. Perhaps you have a problem with comprehension?

My guess is because Butternut1 prefers the bottle water!! The same as those who bring their own wine or their choice of soda. The ship's water, I am sure, is just fine but so is their wine, beer and soda choice. Please save the grapes, cocoa beans, glass and aluminum and purchase onboard and leave your choices at home! :rolleyes:

If you like the water onboard the ship, then fine, drink it. I personally do not care for the taste. Simple as that. You can talk about how pure it is till you are blue in the face. I don't doubt that it is perfectly fine to drink. Guess my taste buds are different than yours and perhaps many others. You like it, I DONT. This post wasn't about the purity of the water onboard the ship. It was about how many beverages can be dropped off with the porter. Perhaps you have a problem with comprehension?

No need to be so snippy:(

My guess is because Butternut1 prefers the bottle water!! The same as those who bring their own wine or their choice of soda. The ship's water, I am sure, is just fine but so is their wine, beer and soda choice. Please save the grapes, cocoa beans, glass and aluminum and purchase onboard and leave your choices at home! :rolleyes:

No need to be so snippy:(

Yes, many of us do have specific tastes so no need for a lecture. Personally I think Sprite, especially diet Sprite, tastes like dishwater. And if I was still drinking cola, Pepsi One would be my choice as Diet Coke doesn't taste very good to me at all. I bring a big tumbler (I think that's what they're called) to carry around, pouring from my two liter bottle of Dew. I also take advantage of the lemonade now offered on Princess. If you prefer the beverages available onboard, so be it. If I liked Coke products, I would probably buy a soda card. My hubby selects a wine he likes and brings that. But he also may buy the wine from the ship too.

Need to clarify previous question, will be in Fort Lauderdale and taking private taxi to ship- any suggestions on where to stop for wine to take on board?

Total Wine and More on 17th St or, at Publix, where you can buy water, soda and snackies and they too have a large assortment of wine.

Yes' date=' many of us do have specific tastes so no need for a lecture. Personally I think Sprite, especially diet Sprite, tastes like dishwater. And if I was still drinking cola, Pepsi One would be my choice as Diet Coke doesn't taste very good to me at all. I bring a big tumbler (I think that's what they're called) to carry around, pouring from my two liter bottle of Dew. I also take advantage of the lemonade now offered on Princess. If you prefer the beverages available onboard, so be it. If I liked Coke products, I would probably buy a soda card. My hubby selects a wine he likes and brings that. But he also may buy the wine from the ship too.[/quote']

We get Elite setup and exchange what we don't want for diet Coke or beer. That being said, I hate Coke and whenever possible carry on my Diet Pepsi. In desperation, I will drink Coke but kill it with lemon. All called different strokes.............;)

All you have to do is buy the drinks and get them into your preferred means of transportation to Port Everglades. Once your taxi or shuttle arrives at the ship, the driver and porters will take it out of the vehicle and bring it aboard. Just be sure it is packaged securely and has a luggage tag on it. And tip the driver/porters.

Good luck with that. We just returned from a cruise on the Crown Princess. We brought a small box of wine with a few liters of soda. I placed it in one of those fabric travel bags with a zippered top. Tagged it and gave to the porters along with the rest of our luggage. Along with a nice tip. We were a party of 4. All the luggage arrived to our staterooms except for the bag with the wine. Went to customer service to see if it was confiscated by Princess. The service rep was very nice/thoughtful. Even checked lost and found and security. No luck. I think it never was put on the ship.:mad: My husband said to me not to hand that bag over to the porters. We were loaded down with our carry-ons so I figured it would be easier to include it with the rest of our bags. Darn - I hate it when he is right!;) LOL. Anyway, a lesson well learned.

Need to clarify previous question, will be in Fort Lauderdale and taking private taxi to ship- any suggestions on where to stop for wine to take on board?

Total Wine. You can also order ahead of time and they will box it up for you. Run in, pay and get back in the cab.

Why would anyone schelp along a case of bottled water? As has been stated over and over again here, Princess' shipboard water is as pure as - and often purer - than the bottled stuff,

How do the people posting this actually know about the

quality of the princess water? Have they seen run actual

tests themselves, or seen test results?

Certainly Princess hires vendors like ECO Labs to get everything

working properly, and I have no personal problem drinking the

water on board.

However, I have no personal knowledge that the water on board

is better or worse than any other, and I'd be surprised if any one

posting here did.

However, I have no personal knowledge that the water on board is better or worse than any other, and I'd be surprised if any one posting here did.

Well put, I suppose. It's only my impression that the way shipboard water is purified leaves it very clean (absent a breakdown in the system). If there is one person in charge of monitoring shipboard water, that's equal to the monitoring of the entire bottled water industry, which is pretty much unregulated. There is plenty of evidence that bottled waters can be full of all sorts of unwholesome stuff. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/125610.php

I do suppose that if someone is used to drinking carbonated drinking water or water with a high mineral content, the utterly bland taste of Princess water can be disappointing. But I think in most cases, it's a matter of hype:

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/11/18/why-does-bottled-water-taste-better/ and

and as Penn and Teller (admittedly unscientifically) point out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdvJOF-2mm0

That being said, I apologize for suggesting an environmentally sound alternative to buying water. As far as I'm concerned, you can all swig whatever you want. I'm outta this thread.

Archived