Crew Fund Question

mariner

At least I received an acknowledgement and smile when I additionally left a tip for our cabin stewardess and regular room service bellboy..:):p

I have never heard the word "bellboy" used in relation to Seabourn.

The only time we got a "thank you" note, was the one and only time we put our name on the envelope. We now just hand in a blank envelope.

I have never heard the word "bellboy" used in relation to Seabourn.

The only time we got a "thank you" note, was the one and only time we put our name on the envelope. We now just hand in a blank envelope.

Actually meant "Room Service Captain" BEllboy, Bellhop, Meal Schlepper of trays etc...whatever.:rolleyes:

As to tipping,we left something at the purser's desk.I did not expect a thank you. We wanted to thank the staff for our incredible trip. Never felt like we needed or expected to do this.Our staff on the legend went past what we ever needed on our trip The previous year we were on the Sprit.It was very nice but not special nor did we leave anything extra,it is truly a personal choice a wonderful time no matter what. Do what makes you comfortable.the staff are all wonderful no matter.

Some additional thoughts: I always leave a donation for the crew welfare fund, usually a few days before the end of a cruise. And I always write a note on the stationary that we get, acknowledging all the wonderful service that I have received. I leave this note at reception, addressed to the crew purser. The results of this action are well worth the expense and effort. The note is posted on the crew's bulletin board, and I am usually thanked personally by no less than 10-15 crew members for my donation. Notice I use the word donation rather than "tip". Although I am not an accountant, aren't donations tax deductable? Something to think about.

Some additional thoughts: I always leave a donation for the crew welfare fund, usually a few days before the end of a cruise. And I always write a note on the stationary that we get, acknowledging all the wonderful service that I have received. I leave this note at reception, addressed to the crew purser. The results of this action are well worth the expense and effort. The note is posted on the crew's bulletin board, and I am usually thanked personally by no less than 10-15 crew members for my donation. Notice I use the word donation rather than "tip". Although I am not an accountant, aren't donations tax deductable? Something to think about.

GiGisMom,

This sounds like a wonderful way to donate. Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri

GiGisMom,

This sounds like a wonderful way to donate. Thanks for the suggestion.

Terri

Only tax deductible (in the U.S.) if it is donated to a qualified charitable organization -501©(3).

Archived