Marigot/Maho late afternoon?

indy71

We are going to be docked in Phillipsburg from 11 to 8 on a Wednesday in February. We are booked on the America's Cup excursion that lasts from 11:45 to 2:45. Does it make sense to take a taxi to either Marigot or Maho after the excursion? Since we won't have to be back on board ship until 7:30, I'm not concerned about making it back in time. My concern about Marigot is: will we have enough time to check out some shops & a bakery before they close? My concern about Maho is: is it worth the trip when most of the large planes will probably have already landed? I'm not thinking about going to both places, only one. What are your opinions, please? Thanks

We are going to be docked in Phillipsburg from 11 to 8 on a Wednesday in February. We are booked on the America's Cup excursion that lasts from 11:45 to 2:45. Does it make sense to take a taxi to either Marigot or Maho after the excursion? Since we won't have to be back on board ship until 7:30, I'm not concerned about making it back in time. My concern about Marigot is: will we have enough time to check out some shops & a bakery before they close? My concern about Maho is: is it worth the trip when most of the large planes will probably have already landed? I'm not thinking about going to both places, only one. What are your opinions, please? Thanks

Marigot also has Fort St. Louis which is a great place for taking panoramic pictures. The view is worth the effort to climb the stairs to reach the fort. By the time you have to leave Marigot the traffic will not be of a concern.

Archived