Costa compensation offer

rickechambers1@aol.com

This is going to be ugly...just heard on CNN that Costa is offering a 30% discount on a future cruise for those that were on Concordia. I hope this isn't true.

i also saw this reported on NBC and FOX.

i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be full refunds and 30% discount to all cancelled future cruisers, not those on the ill fated sailing.

won't help with ccl social media still on blackoiut.

i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be full refunds and 30% discount to all cancelled future cruisers, not those on the ill fated sailing.

I hope this is the case...that future impacted guests are receiving that compensation and not those on Concordia. I think the news statement was misleading if that's the case. It immediately got my blood pressure up but I suppose that was the point.

This is going to be ugly...just heard on CNN that Costa is offering a 30% discount on a future cruise for those that were on Concordia. I hope this isn't true.

I heard that each pax wants to be compensated $160K or some such.

Until you see in writing what people really got I would not jump to conclusions that that is all they were offered. The truth is you dont know.

Of course. The offer is to all those people booked on this ship for the next year who lost their bookings.

CCL Media being not blacked out would not have stopped bad rumors like this. Of course those on the ship that hit the rock will get more than the offer for those who just lost their future bookings. silly to think otherwise.

Carnival Cruise Lines is not on social media blackout.

The ladies are responding to Carnival CRUISE lines questions. They are not responding to their sister cruise line overflow as they are not the Corporate spokespeople.

Again they are responding to CCL questions only.

409152_10150611784925941_505975940_11415360_893807943_n.jpg

While your flowchart is helpful, CCL has announced the following on their Facebook page:

Hi, everyone. Out of respect for all those affected by the recent events surrounding our sister line, Costa cruises, we are going to take a bit of a break from posting on our social channels. We will still be actively listening and answering any questions you have about your past or upcoming cruises, but for now, the majority of our time will be spent focusing on all those affected by this event. We thank you again for all your support.

This was posted on January 19th.

That is the "Social Media Blackout" that people are referring to.

Wasn't is 10,000 Euro? For material things and "fear incurred?"

Also - did you see the captain "fell" into the lifeboat with his laptop and personal belongings?!

Carnival Cruise Lines is not on social media blackout.

The ladies are responding to Carnival CRUISE lines questions. They are not responding to their sister cruise line overflow as they are not the Corporate spokespeople.

Again they are responding to CCL questions only.

409152_10150611784925941_505975940_11415360_893807943_n.jpg

perhaps you can let ccl know they have gremlins and ghosts in their machine. they are the ones posting the black out.

nice chart though. just don`t see the relevance.

I thought the 30% was for people booked on the Concordia and cant go now.

Not for the people on that sailing-- 30% for future sailings..? I doubt that 1/2 those people will ever set foot on a ship again.

and what about all their personal stuff--

I think it's great. A couple we know were booked on the Concordia in November 2012 and they are thrilled because all they have to do is change their booking to another ship and they are getting $900 off the price of the cruise. :)

I think Costa went out of their way to provide more for most cancelled cruisers than they deserve.

Isn't that about what people got on the Splendor? Sounds bad, but I'd much rather get evacuated off a boat then be stuck on a broken one for three days that smells like sewage and eating sandwiches due to lack of fresh food. Obviously the deceased families will be compensated differently, but all the people made it off. Will note that suing is a lot different in Europe than the states along with the laws... they probably won't get very much on top of possessions, lost wages for injuries and payments for injuries. My understanding is that the 30% off is in addition to everything else they're getting. I'd use it to take their world cruise...

I guess its better than carnival's usual $25 OBC and 10% off your next cruise. I'd tell them to keep it.

Several years ago, our ship was diverted during hurricane season and they made the alternative cruise awesome, gave us $100 OBC and a 50% discount on a future cruise.

I have heard that the 30% off a future cruise was for people with upcoming Concordia bookings and that it was a mistake on the media's part about the 30% given to actual passengers that were on the Concordia last week.

This HAS to be true because even Carnival Corp isn't absolutely brain-dead enough to offer people a future discount after just getting off a sinking ship.

Are they????? :eek:

It's funny no one in the media mentions this:

Costa: "We consider it important to make an initial tangible gesture to anyone who has booked one of our forthcoming cruises and who, in light of the recent accident, might feel uneasy about sailing. Anyone wishing to do so may cancel their booking on any cruise without payment of a cancellation fee, provided it is done by Feb. 7, 2012."

That's right anyone on any scheduled Costa cruise who doesn't want to go now can cancel without penalty.

I heard that each pax wants to be compensated $160K or some such.

Until you see in writing what people really got I would not jump to conclusions that that is all they were offered. The truth is you dont know.

What the ambulance chasing lawyers who are trying to score big paydays are seeking for class action suits amounts to around $160K per pax. Some want more. What each pax will finally get will undoubtably be less than that; as much as 30%-70% less if payouts are similar class action cases in the US. We occassionally get requests to participate in the class action on these type of lawsuits where the media reports multi-million $ payouts but our share would be less than a dime. Costs more to print the check than the amount on it. These cases will drag on for years, if they come to trial at all. And that assumes that the lawyers can make a fair case that Costa bears responsibility because they knew what might happened. There's already spin going on from these vultures-acting-as-saints that Costa allowed and approved ships to deviate from course to sail past Isla Giglio.

It's not true. It's for people booked on future Concordia sailings who have to re-book.

Archived