Costa compensation offer

rickechambers1@aol.com

That is for people who are booked on future cruises. Why do people only listen to part of a statement and just pick out words they want to hear and run with it. Carnival may be negligent in the captain that they chose but they are not stupid. And I would say this no matter what cruise line was involved.

As for the people who were on board this ship, I am sure they will be getting a heck of a lot more then 30% off a future cruise.

Costa's official position:

"Passengers on board the Costa Concordia on the night of the accident have not been offered a discount on future cruises.

Costa is refunding the full cost of the cruise, the expenses incurred on board the ship, any transportation costs incurred to reach their port of embarkation and return home if transfers organized by the company were not used. Costa Concordia guests also will be reimbursed any medical expenses they may have incurred as a result of the accident. As regards items left in the safe in the cabin, these will be returned to guests as soon as we recover the safes. Regarding the loss of personal belongings and other forms of compensation, we will be contacting guests in the very near future."

Costa's official position:

"Passengers on board the Costa Concordia on the night of the accident have not been offered a discount on future cruises.

Costa is refunding the full cost of the cruise, the expenses incurred on board the ship, any transportation costs incurred to reach their port of embarkation and return home if transfers organized by the company were not used. Costa Concordia guests also will be reimbursed any medical expenses they may have incurred as a result of the accident. As regards items left in the safe in the cabin, these will be returned to guests as soon as we recover the safes. Regarding the loss of personal belongings and other forms of compensation, we will be contacting guests in the very near future."

Thanks for posting that.

After this whole thread explaining that the 30% discount is for FUTURE pax of Concordia, why would you say "shame on CCL"???? For that matter...why would you say it anyway? :confused: Seriously....

What does CCL have to do with this?

Edited to add: I quoted the wrong person, but you get the idea. lol

Costa has responded: Passengers on board the Costa Concordia on the night of

the accident have not been offered a discount on future cruises.

Costa is refunding the full cost of the cruise, the expenses incurred on

board the ship, any transportation costs incurred to reach their port of

embarkation and return home if transfers organized by the company were not

used. Costa Concordia guests also will be reimbursed any medical expenses they

may have incurred as a result of the accident. As regards items left in the

safe in the cabin, these will be returned to guests as soon as we recover the

safes. Regarding the loss of personal belongings and other forms of

compensation, we will be contacting guests in the very near future.

<cut and paste from another post on Cruise Critic>

Several years ago, our ship was diverted during hurricane season and they made the alternative cruise awesome, gave us $100 OBC and a 50% discount on a future cruise.

We missed a port on the Carnival Celebration , we got a $25 OBC and 10% off our next cruise.

Costa has responded: Passengers on board the Costa Concordia on the night of

the accident have not been offered a discount on future cruises.

Costa is refunding the full cost of the cruise, the expenses incurred on

board the ship, any transportation costs incurred to reach their port of

embarkation and return home if transfers organized by the company were not

used. Costa Concordia guests also will be reimbursed any medical expenses they

may have incurred as a result of the accident. As regards items left in the

safe in the cabin, these will be returned to guests as soon as we recover the

safes. Regarding the loss of personal belongings and other forms of

compensation, we will be contacting guests in the very near future.

<cut and paste from another post on Cruise Critic>

You can be sure they'll ultimately pay a lot more than that, too, in some form of civil litigation settlement. We'll likely never hear details of that settlement as part of the settlement will almost certainly be a non-disclosure agreement.

maybe we should start another thread about misinformation...seems I heard there was an announcement coming out soon..and a menu change...and new tipping rules

Really...why does everyone have this need to be the first one to post wrong info?

i was a little taken back seeing"rcclcruises" tweeting that the 30% is being offered to the survivors.

There is no shame anymore in business...kick em while they are down...try to take the customers away...pitiiful

Several years ago, our ship was diverted during hurricane season and they made the alternative cruise awesome, gave us $100 OBC and a 50% discount on a future cruise.

Wow we sailed into a hurricane on RCCL and got NOTHING, not even a refund for the port fees!!! I even wrote them and they said that was basically the risk we took sailing in the fall :rolleyes:

I think it's great. A couple we know were booked on the Concordia in November 2012 and they are thrilled because all they have to do is change their booking to another ship and they are getting $900 off the price of the cruise. :)

I think Costa went out of their way to provide more for most cancelled cruisers than they deserve.

Cancelled cruisers should have the option for a full refund. There are many people, especially first time cruisers who will be terrified to board a cruise ship again.

Italian media is reporting a lawyer in Italy is brokering a deal for each passenger to get 125,000 euros and the lawyer will get 10% commission.

This equals out to 162,000.00+ per person.

You know, I do not know what I would settle for if I had been on that ship. I do feel that if you got all of your expenses and losses paid back, $162,000.00 is a little over the top. But then again, I don't believe in lawsuits.

Flame away...

What would you be willing to settle for?

Well, people did die. That's a trauma they will have to live with the rest of their lives. And the chaos of the ship. I know Italy's government is doing everything possible right now because they do not want their reputation ruined over one person. I don't think American media is reporting this but one of the women that passed away was working illegally and called home as the tragedy happened and was one of the ones found with the life vest. I don't know if there were others. I don't know what the compensation should be, perhaps people on the ship can be their own judge.

I was victim of a frivolous lawsuit and I can't stand malpractice or ambulance chasers but this case is very different.

This equals out to 162,000.00+ per person.

You know, I do not know what I would settle for if I had been on that ship. I do feel that if you got all of your expenses and losses paid back, $162,000.00 is a little over the top. But then again, I don't believe in lawsuits.

Flame away...

What would you be willing to settle for?

the trauma to the pax alone....knowing that they were essentially abandoned .......about $500,000...and I want greenbacks...not the lousy Euro...

I believe if you have 125,000 in dollars..it would exchange to around 162,000+ in Euro...

but if you have 125,000 in Euro....you would get around 100,000 in dollars.....

of course it depends on what currency you use to pay your bills with...so Americans would get the lower of the exchange going from E to $

ok....correct away everyone...and do refer to the post that says 125,000 in Euro...not dollars

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=125000&From=EUR&To=USD

Unless I am reading the money exchange wrong.

125,000.00 EUR = 162,802.35 USD

Euro US Dollar

1 EUR = 1.30242 USD 1 USD = 0.767802 EUR

Well, people did die. That's a trauma they will have to live with the rest of their lives. And the chaos of the ship. I know Italy's government is doing everything possible right now because they do not want their reputation ruined over one person. I don't think American media is reporting this but one of the women that passed away was working illegally and called home as the tragedy happened and was one of the ones found with the life vest. I don't know if there were others. I don't know what the compensation should be, perhaps people on the ship can be their own judge.

I was victim of a frivolous lawsuit and I can't stand malpractice or ambulance chasers but this case is very different.

very different indeed...and should be prosceuted to the fullrst...and the pax rewarded to the fullest.....

If Costa has any brainpower..they will bite the bullet and come up with a very very attractive offer to each and every person that was on that ship...or their survivors sad to say.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=125000&From=EUR&To=USD

Unless I am reading the money exchange wrong.

125,000.00 EUR = 162,802.35 USD

Euro US Dollar

1 EUR = 1.30242 USD 1 USD = 0.767802 EUR

no I read it wrong...my bad...but you got to the post before i edited it...I got distracted but knew you were correct in the exchange....not sure why I posted it incorrectly....probably because of all the incorrect info out in cruisecritic land.....I just got carried away! LOL

Archived