Carry on Size in Galveston?

parrotthead

So if Im reading this correctly I can carry on my rolling duffle since length doesnt matter. Right?????

In every terminal I have sailed out of, as long as you bag will fit through the xray machine opening, you are good to go. Often the porters will try to take it.

Then I would guard your organic baby bag full of organic only products with your life!

(wow)

I only mentioned the port as a last resort if you somehow lost/ran out of/or misplaced the diapers. Are you bringing Dreft to re-wash all the towels and linens too? If your baby is sensitive, the ships laundry products may be too harsh.

Hmmm...Not sure if your tone is coming across as you are intending...(I * hope * not) :rolleyes:

We dont use Dreft... we only use 7th Gen, its better for the enviroment and does not contain any fragrance or harsh chemicals.

BTW, GingerBaby is not "sensitive" .... *I* Am-- he's strudy as an Ox. But, since I have the option to feed him Organic Healthy, Flavorful foods and supply him with Healthy products, I do....

In every terminal I have sailed out of, as long as you bag will fit through the xray machine opening, you are good to go. Often the porters will try to take it.

Thats been my experience too,just never have cruised out of Galveston

lol...yes. She seemed very strict about her measuring...

She was also the "no Picture police"... One (very official looking) guy told a couple they could take a snapshot outside the secruity check point, but not inside that area or beyond.... MsMT, was beside herself.... and repremanded them stearnly...

(a little too much power perhaps?) ;) "Bless her Heart"

LOLOL! You must be a 'good southerner' cause when I was growing up I was always taught you can say anything about anyone as long as it was followed with, "Bless her heart"! haha! Anyway, I think her kids must have all moved out and she no longer has anyone to boss -their gain, our loss.... "Bless her Heart" :D

Guarding your bag was meant to be funny. My bad. Your post seemed to point to the sensitivity of your baby, so I wondered if you had considered what products the linens and towels were washed in. I find 7th gen to be a substandard product and don't use it. Never use Dreft either, but know others who do. Quite a few of my friends make their own laundry soap, but I have not gone that far yet. diaper bags/organic diapers/butt cream/strollers will never be a concern for my husband and I.

Your post seemed to point to the sensitivity of your baby,

Nope...just never had a problem and dont want to start one...

~just have the option this time to do everything (ok..Most everything) healthier so doing it...~ ;)

(no worries)

~and at Mid/Late 40s Doreen and I did not think we'd be toteing a baby around ... yet... here we are... GingerBaby in tow. :)

sailor.jpg.1190fba2460314761675cf276c173ca7.jpg

LOLOL! You must be a 'good southerner' cause when I was growing up I was always taught you can say anything about anyone as long as it was followed with, "Bless her heart"! haha!

Exactly Correct! :)

Anyway, I think her kids must have all moved out and she no longer has anyone to boss -their gain, our loss.... "Bless her Heart" :D

you could be onto something.... (and yes, Im sure we are talking about the same lady///lol)

I'm not sure if I'm being dense or what, but what's the big deal about just letting the porter handle the big bag full of diapers? Just put enough in carry-ons for a day or 2, along with other necessities (as far as I know there are no limits to the number of bags you can carry on to a ship).

If you think the bag might be okay and they say it's too big, just run it back to the porters. It's not like they're going to confiscate the bag for the length of the cruise.

I'm not sure if I'm being dense or what, but what's the big deal about just letting the porter handle the big bag full of diapers? Just put enough in carry-ons for a day or 2, along with other necessities (as far as I know there are no limits to the number of bags you can carry on to a ship).

If you think the bag might be okay and they say it's too big, just run it back to the porters. It's not like they're going to confiscate the bag for the length of the cruise.

Sue, Im not concerned about the porters handling a 'bag full of diapers', my question came because I purchesed a light weight (flimsy shopping bag) type roller bag, to carry formula both ready to feed bottles,( which are somewhat heavy) and powdered. Diapers, wipes, some food pouches. Most of which will be used during the cruise, this 'bag' can be then collasped and put in a suitcase on the return trip (so as not to carry an empty suitcase home).

This bag, while very lightwieght and convient, is somewhat flimsy and only closes with a velcro type strap... it would in no way hold up to being handled by the porters, put on the carts and big 'cages' used for 'real' luggage. So thats why I wanted to make sure there would be no problem with us 'wheeling' it on...

And after seeing them measure carryons in November in Galveston, I wondered if anyone know the measurments that they were allowing..

Does it make more sense now? :cool:

Just make sure your carry ons are standard size and dont let them out of your sight! Also diapers are available in ports, so no worries. Have fun !

That was my exact point, that I would have to wait till we got to a port, my little guy is not going to wait 2 days for me to change his diaper, thus back to the original statment I will have to make sure I carry on dapers just in case ;)

One of those folks happened to be me! It wasn't the carry-on luggage they were having the most issues with, it was the carry-on ice chests. DH and I bought it to use for our bottled water for our July cruise on the Conquest. My sis and I used it for our water and wine for our November cruise on the Magic which is where they stopped us and measured it and said it was 1 inch too tall....what? I get being cautious with the width and depth but height? Seemed just ludicrous to me. And what was even more ludicrous was that it was the rollers on the bottom that made the difference on the height according to 'Ms. Measureing Tape'. I knew the cooler space itself was the correct dimensions - that is why we bought it. So, I had to unload our water and wine, put it in plastic wal-mart bags that they supplied, then walk my soft-sided cooler back to the car. It was just the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. They didn't look twice at our carry-ons only the ice chest. I believe the size you can bring on is 12x12x12 for ice chest - but be aware that is not just the cooler space itself, it must include the wheels. We were certainly not alone, there was a long line of us unloading our drinks and a lot of very unhappy folk.

So I'm thinking....pack a collapsible ice chest in checked luggage and put water in a carry-on suitcase??!!! That is my plan!

Sue, Im not concerned about the porters handling a 'bag full of diapers', my question came because I purchesed a light weight (flimsy shopping bag) type roller bag, to carry formula both ready to feed bottles,( which are somewhat heavy) and powdered. Diapers, wipes, some food pouches. Most of which will be used during the cruise, this 'bag' can be then collasped and put in a suitcase on the return trip (so as not to carry an empty suitcase home).

This bag, while very lightwieght and convient, is somewhat flimsy and only closes with a velcro type strap... it would in no way hold up to being handled by the porters, put on the carts and big 'cages' used for 'real' luggage. So thats why I wanted to make sure there would be no problem with us 'wheeling' it on...

And after seeing them measure carryons in November in Galveston, I wondered if anyone know the measurments that they were allowing..

Does it make more sense now? :cool:

Absolutely makes more sense. Hmmmm. Just in case, you could throw a bunch of real plastic shopping bags, all folded up into tiny bundles, into one of your carry-ons. Then, if stopped for size, you could transfer all or some of the stuff from the big one into those and pass the big one through xray empty or nearly so. Then on the other side, put it all back. Then you'd have the grocery bags for handy-dandy diaper disposal. (Gosh, now that I say it, it sounds kind of silly and like a lot of work, but if it puts your mind at ease about it, it might be worth it.)

Absolutely makes more sense. Hmmmm. Just in case, you could throw a bunch of real plastic shopping bags, all folded up into tiny bundles, into one of your carry-ons. Then, if stopped for size, you could transfer all or some of the stuff from the big one into those and pass the big one through xray empty or nearly so. Then on the other side, put it all back. Then you'd have the grocery bags for handy-dandy diaper disposal. (Gosh, now that I say it, it sounds kind of silly and like a lot of work, but if it puts your mind at ease about it, it might be worth it.)

lol... you know several cruises ago, there was a cabin who would put their trash can in the hall with the dirty diapers in it... Nasty! you could smell it all the way down the hall, I mentioned it to the steward and he said he kept putting it back in and they kept putting it back out... if they didnt want to smell it what made them think the whole deck did>???!!!

I am far more considerate.... (sorry, but I am) Arm-n-Hammer makes diaper disposal bags (think 'puppy poop bags') with an odor blocker (not a perfumey fragrance) ... they work great... I have a Lovely supply of those to take along... :)

We had luggage that fit the requirements according to the Carnival FAQ in Galveston, but were told we had to check it because it was too long. I would stick with a standard size carry on at this port. They really don't care what the website says.

The bag was one of those rolling duffles, and there were others with the same type of bag doing the turn back to check what they thought they could carry on.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Archived