NCL Star Photowalk/Review (Jan 15-22)

GateGuardian

Day 2 - Sea Day, Monday Jan 16

Didn't take many pics today. Spent the whole day soaking in the sun.

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

We went to Versailles for breakfast because we were not in a hurry to get off the ship. For breakfast, I had the eggs benedict and the yogurt. The yogurt was straight out of the plastic containers from the Market Cafe and the eggs benedict was kind of tasteless.

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

For dinner, we went to Endless Summer.

Tortilla Chips and dips - sorry I havn't had chips in days and was really hungry before I took the picture :D

IMG_0660.jpg

Don't remember the name of this soup:

IMG_0661.jpg

We had the lobster taco and beef fajitas for entry. the fajitas was pretty good. Not a big fan of the lobster taco though. It was made properly, it just wasn't for me.

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Day 3 - Roatan - Tuesday January 17

DSC00586-1.jpg

We docked in Roatan at around 9am. It was pouring rain on and off every half hour. We had originally booked an excursion to Maya Key. However, due to the weather, we decided to cancel it. Because we booked through the cruise, we were able to the get money back in ship credit

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

We went to the Market Cafe for breakfast. We were greeted by a smiling staff sanitizing our hands and chanting us the signature "washy washy happy happy" lines

The quality/taste of the food in the Market Cafe is the same as Versailles IMHO, but it's much faster to pick up the food in the buffet and waiting for it in the MDR. Also I prefer the buffet because I can portion the amount of food I want.

The buffet does get busy, but the trick is to go the very end of the buffet because for some reason no one goes there. Both sides of the buffet are open for breakfast, but each sides have two stations, so there is essentially 4 lines to the breakfast buffet. Most people line up to the closest one near the door. If you walk all the way to the end, there is not line up. The only thing missing in that station is made to order omelette. For breakfast, drinks includes coffee, Lipton hot tea with different flavours, hot chocolate, apple juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, ice tea, choc milk and white milk.

DSC00512.jpg

We walked around the port for an hour, but it was still pouring rain so we didn't do much. There were some local craft and a jewelery store, which was the same one on the ship and offer the similar items at the same price.

Parking lot where all the bus/vans are loaded/unloaded:

DSC00585.jpg

The Poesia was using its lifeboats to tender passengers to the pier

DSC00610-1.jpg

Night time in Roatan before leaving

DSC00622.jpg

For dinner, we went to Cagney’s. I forgot to take a picture of my steak, but here is a picture of my half eaten crab cakes and desert sampler :P I liked the steak and Cagney fries, but nothing spectacular.

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

Day 4 - Belize City, Belize - Wednesday January 18

DSC00627-1.jpg

Today, we arrived in Belize. This was the only port of call where we had to tender to shore. We decided not to pick up any tender tickets and just wait until the boats were opened up for everyone.

We were anchored behind the Norwegian Spirit. Belize is located behind the Spirit.

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00630-1.jpg

Archived