NCL Star Photowalk/Review (Jan 15-22)

GateGuardian

Hi everyone,

I was on the NCL Star between Jan 15-22 heading to the Western Caribbean. I'm not that good at writing, so these post will be more photography focused. I have about 800 photos to sort out :) but will only post about 100.

This was my first cruise and I had a great time on the star. I can officially now say I'm a cruise addict and will be looking forward to another one next year.

I will update this thread once I get everything sorted out

DSC00674.jpg

Itinerary:

Day 1: Tampa

Day 2: At Sea

Day 3: Roatan

Day 4: Belize City

Day 5: Costa Maya

Day 6: Cozumel

Day 7: At Sea

Day 8: Tampa, Disembarkment

Room: Mini-Suite 11580

Breakfast: Market Cafe, Versailles

Lunch: Versailles, Blue Lagoon, The Grill, Market Cafe

Dinner: Aqua, La Cucina, Endless Summer, Ginza, Cagney's

Shore Excursion: ATV in Costa Maya

So glad to hear that you had a good time! We took our first cruise in late 2010 and were addicted after our first day onboard. :) Cruising is a fabulous way to see the world!

My husband & I will be on the Star in April, so I very much look forward to viewing your photos.

Thanks for posting!

~ Tanya

Day -1 - Saturday, January 14, 2012

We flew into Tampa from Toronto Saturday morning. Had to make a detour due to a medical emergency on the plane. We landed in Charlotte mid-way. In total, a 2.5hr flight turned into 6hrs. Didn’t really have a chance to visit Tampa, we just went straight to the hotel and at at Lee Roy Selmon's. It was a good thing we flew down a day early. Else, we may have missed the cruise. We stayed at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/TPAAHHF-Hilton-Tampa-Airport-Westshore-Florida/index.do

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

I'm sorry you didn't join our group for our Meet and Greet. Those who attended were invited to tour the bridge.

Toni

I wish I came to the M&G. My roomies didn't want to come :( Fortunately, I did visit the bridge during the behind the scene tour

Day 1 - Tampa, Embarkment Day

We took a cab from the Hilton to the port (Terminal 3). Cost was a flat rate of $25. The drop of area was completely full. Luckily, our taxi driver knew an alternative entrance and we were dropped off right at the entrance.

We arrived at the terminal around 11:30. Took about 20min to get through security. The line was long and out the door, but it went really fast. We were then directed to the seating area for about 20min where we filled out a health form. Row by row, we were directed to 2 lines: one for Latiude members, which hardly had anyone, and the non-Latitude members. Line moved very quickly and we were done registeration before 1pm.

During Registration, they confirmed our credit card#, issued us our ship card (blue coloured), and took pictures for our card.

We then moved up a few towards the gangplank and had our first glance at the ship.

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

We entered the ship through deck 7 where the Grand Atrium is and we were greeted with many smiling staff. The first thing we did was proceeded to our staterooms on the 11th fllor to drop off our carry-ons.

Here is a pic of the Java Cafe from the 11th floor

DSC00403.jpg

Our room was 11580 mid port side. It was a mini-suite. Our room steward was Nancy who greeted us when we arrived at our room.

DSC00393.jpg

With the sofa bed, this room can easily fit 3 adults comfortably. Not sure about 4 though.

DSC00394.jpg

The TV; nothihng fancy. There was about 16 channels. Half of those were ship information including a channel about the ship position and pool temperature, a channel with Shaun, the ship consultant advertising about the $100 credit when you place a $250 deposit for future cruise, a channel with recorded shows from the pervious night, a channel where Linda, the shopping consultant, talks about what to buy at the port (nothing useful), a channel about NCL shore excursions. Other Channels include MSNBC, Fox News, E!, and two movie channels with pretty current movies.

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

Thanks to sugguestions from CC, we went to Versailles, the MDR, for lunch instead of the buffet. For lunch, I had the portebello mushroom, chicken sandwich (no pic :() and vanilla ice cream (no pic :()

IMG_0620.jpg

After lunch, we toured around the ship:

Kiddie pool, Aft 12:

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

I wish I came to the M&G. My roomies didn't want to come :( Fortunately, I did visit the bridge during the behind the scene tour

Great pics, I'm on the Star the last week in Feb.

Glad you had a great time!

Hi everyone,

I was on the NCL Star between Jan 15-22 heading to the Western Caribbean. I'm not that good at writing, so these post will be more photography focused. I have about 800 photos to sort out :) but will only post about 100.

This was my first cruise and I had a great time on the star. I can officially now say I'm a cruise addict and will be looking forward to another one next year.

I will update this thread once I get everything sorted out

DSC00674.jpg

Itinerary:

Day 1: Tampa

Day 2: At Sea

Day 3: Roatan

Day 4: Belize City

Day 5: Costa Maya

Day 6: Cozumel

Day 7: At Sea

Day 8: Tampa, Disembarkment

Room: Mini-Suite 11580

Breakfast: Market Cafe, Versailles

Lunch: Versailles, Blue Lagoon, The Grill, Market Cafe

Dinner: Aqua, La Cucina, Endless Summer, Ginza, Cagney's

Shore Excursion: ATV in Costa Maya

Thank you for the pictures. Did you take any of the Bridge? What did you think of the staff?

Archived