CARNIVAL Concordia?????

frazzledrazzle16

The Today's show did a report this morning from Key West, FL about how the cruise tickets are written to prevent you from litigation and throughout the report was the Carnival Paradise in the background. :mad:

Obviously not a live show since Paradise doesn't go to Key West and isn't there today.

Nope. It would be an even more sensational story to name the high end Cunard brand.

Sorry, I disagree, by linking Carnival’s name with Costa, two so-called budget cruise lines instead of Costa being a division of CCL, ABC is working it for the mouse. If so many cruise critic members smell a rat, there is more to this than just poor reporting.

I do not believe it would be to ABC benefit to mention Seabourn Cruise Line, Cunard Line, Windstar Line all a division CCL, but all luxurious, the way they are undermining Carnival Line.

This plays right into the hands of Royal Caribbean's Letter yesterday including Carnival and not just Costa.....

All part of a multi-pronged attacked. Yesterday Royal attacked Carnival Corp's safety, today Celebrity "attacks" Carnival's Captains.

I can't wait to see what Azamara does.:rolleyes:

I think this would be a good idea for both Carnival Corp and Royal Caribbean Cruises, LTD. It does create confusion and in cases like this, can smear the name of an individual cruise line that has done nothing wrong. I think it is safe to say, only a small minority of people even know the difference between the cruise line and parent company.

Like the email that offended many on here that was sent out by Royal Caribbean cruiselines parent company "Royal Caribbean International".

[quote name='classychick']Like the email that offended many on here that was sent out by Royal Caribbean cruiselines parent company "Royal Caribbean International".[/QUOTE]

It's actually the other way around. RCCL, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd is the parent company. RCI, Royal Caribbean International, is the actual cruise line.

In any case, it's confusing, and both Carnival Corp and RCCL would likely benefit from changing the parent company name.

[quote name='H82seaUgo']i wonder what the diver rescuers and the families of the victims would think about this waste of time of what the ship is called, and who owns it.[/quote]

The families should care. They would look kind of silly going to court to argue against Carnival's Cruise Contract.

[quote name='freagan']Nobody was insulted. :rolleyes:[/quote]

everyone posting here seems to be insulted about the name of the ship, the pics on the news, and a bunch of other stuff.

ah, the days when the ships line did not preceed the ships name.

how easy if they didn't have a name at all. who started that one?

[quote name='Frank12']ABC News is the only one doing this. I guarantee if they were not owned by Disney (who has their own cruise line), they would not be reporting in this manner.[/quote]

Thank you! This is what I have been thinking all along and waiting for someone to say it. Do you hear people say " I am going on the ABC Disney Wonder for vacation"? ABC owns it just as much as Carnival owns Costa. ABC is doing this to try and steer people from Carnival to Disney. They should be ashamed of themselves but then again, we are talking about ABC.

[quote name='crazyfrazee']Thank you! This is what I have been thinking all along and waiting for someone to say it. Do you hear people say " I am going on the ABC Disney Wonder for vacation"? ABC owns it just as much as Carnival owns Costa. ABC is doing this to try and steer people from Carnival to Disney. They should be ashamed of themselves but then again, we are talking about ABC.[/quote]

LOL! The majority of Carnival cruisers couldn't afford Disney. I hardly think that was the reasoning:p

[quote name='classychick']LOL! Then what is the purpose of this thread:confused:[/quote]
Like every other thread on this entire message board it is a discussion of opinions.

[quote name='H82seaUgo']of course, these posters know the newswriters intent.[/quote]

Ah, but perception of their intent is what matters....perception means everything.

[quote name='freagan']I just read a post on Facebook from someone who was upset that their travel insurance doesn't cover cancelling their Carnival cruise after their horrible accident.

Sorry, but nuance matters.[/quote]
Yup...unless someone's got a 'cancel for any reason' policy, I doubt that [I]fear[/I] is something that is covered.

Do some of you really think that these letters weren't carefully crafted by people whose sole job is to do just that?? Do you think that the CEO of each company just sat and poured his heart onto a scrap of paper and that's what was released???
Do you honestly think that they just want to save their bookings and didn't really have the thought, 'How can we turn this to our advantage' play a part in their carefully spun wording?
Do you think these seasoned news people always make[I] innocent [/I]mistakes when reporting?

LMAO.

In a perfect world that would be what happened. I hate being cynical but this is reality.

[quote name='freagan']Now who's being insulting.[/quote]

Oh brother:rolleyes: Here we go with being insulted again...

[quote name='halos']Like every other thread on this entire message board it is a discussion of opinions.[/quote]

Sure. But I was referring to the op being upset/insulted if you will in regards to the news calling the ship "Carnival Concordia"

[quote name='halos']Yup...unless someone's got a 'cancel for any reason' policy, I doubt that [I]fear[/I] is something that is covered.

Do some of you really think that these letters weren't carefully crafted by people whose sole job is to do just that?? Do you think that the CEO of each company just sat and poured his heart onto a scrap of paper and that's what was released???
Do you honestly think that they just want to save their bookings and didn't really have the thought, 'How can we turn this to our advantage' play a part in their carefully spun wording?

LMAO.

In a perfect world that would be what happened.[/quote]

I believe [B]ALL [/B]cruiselines are scrapping to save their bookings period. I honestly don't think any cruiseline right now could spend it towards their advantage. Most people that have never cruised won't even remember the name or company of the ship. They will just remember that it was a cruise ship period.

[quote name='classychick']Oh brother:rolleyes: Here we go with being insulted again...

Sure. But I was referring to the op being upset/insulted if you will in regards to the news calling the ship "Carnival Concordia"[/quote]

How do you get 'insulted' from the Op's post? :confused:
maybe he was disgusted
or annoyed
or just plain sick and tired of media drama.

He/she could be a number of things other than insulted...

[quote name='halos']Like every other thread on this entire message board it is a discussion of opinions.

Ah, but perception of their intent is what matters....perception means everything.[/quote]

only to the boob tube crowd. looks like my parents were right.

Archived