CARNIVAL Concordia?????

frazzledrazzle16

Well ABC has been doing that during this whole tragedy.

ABC's 20/20 was a joke last week and took it to bash Cruising in general. Lots of pics of Carnival and RCCL of drunks and disorderly conduct.

Fox News had a better special as it focused on the Concordia instead of bashing cruise lines.

They were not bashing cruising in general. They were simply reporting what is already all over the internet. And the beginning segment focused on the Concordia.

I believe ABC is taking advantage of this story to drag Carnival thru the mud. 20/20 on Friday night only mentioned Carnival by name when having anything negative to say. They did show other ships by RC and others but never mentioned them by name. While its true Carnival owns Costa it is a different brand and is run by different managment. While Coke owns several soda companies, I don't think many people think Coke while drinking an orange juice from Simply Orange.

I was just reading CNN and this was a statement from the article. This is accurate journalism, not what ABC keeps doing "A class-action lawsuit will be filed in Miami against Costa and its parent company, Carnival Corp., " They make a differentiation stating parent company is Carnival Corp. Shame on ABC

Are you all aware that it's Carnival that's paying the compensation for this "accident"? It is Carnival Corp. that's responsible! The Carnival ships that you all sail are owned by the same company. She's just calling it like it is, what's wrong with that?

Actually, according to real journalists, It's insurance companies that will be paying the compensation.

If this same ship had won an award for being the best ship at sea you Carnival cheerleaders would be on this board touting how it's a Carnival ship that won that award You can't have it both ways. This "accident" should never have happened. The powers that be didn't know what was going on with this ship or her captain, or if they did know they didn't do anything about it. Per reports this wasn't the first time this captain was showing off and hotdogging in this manner. The powers that be at Carnival Corp. are in, the final outcome, responsible for this situation. Unfortunatly the financial payment they are offering won't bring back those that lost their lives, and yet, you cheerleadres have nothing better to do than to defend the responsible party!

Actually, according to real journalists, It's insurance companies that will be paying the compensation.

And it's Carnival Corp. that makes the payments to these same insurance companies. they don't get the coverage for nothing. I would think that everyone here knows that big businesses have insurance coverage. I wonder how those who lost loved ones feel about that blood money.

I've heard this from nearly day one. Carnival is a bigger brand name than Costa (especially in the U.S.) so they sensationalize it a little by omitting the Costa name in their reports.

I would agree but it seems that ABC is the worst if not the only offender....:confused:

Are any of the other stations doing this or just ABC news???

You gotta wonder if it's intentional.

The same happened today on ABC's The View...Do you think, had it been Cunard's Queen Victoria ship instead of the Costa Concordia, they would be calling it the Carnival Queen Victoria? I think not!

They most likely would since the Cunard line is owned by Carnival Corp too. :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

I'd bet if Micky Arison had one wish it would be Carnival sold Costa last year. He better get out in front on this and show some compassion and visit the site. He and Carnival look bad on this. 30% off your next cruise? My God. As long as that ship sits on its side on the rocks this story isn't going away.

The powers that be at Carnival Corp. are in, the final outcome, responsible for this situation. Unfortunatly the financial payment they are offering won't bring back those that lost their lives, and yet, you cheerleadres have nothing better to do than to defend the responsible party!

I am so glad you have this one all figured out and the guilty parties convicted. I am sure you did some thorough investigating to get to that point. In case you didn't notice, this particular board is the Carnival Cruise Lines board not the Carnival Corp./Costa board. Your theory is like saying Frito Lay is responsible if Taco Bell screws up (since they are both owned by Pepsi Corp).

Now I am going to go stand in the corner for breaking my rule of not taking the bait (or following the advice of my old boss who said, "Don't mud wrestle with pigs because you will both get dirty and the pig will like it"). :rolleyes:

If this same ship had won an award for being the best ship at sea you Carnival cheerleaders would be on this board touting how it's a Carnival ship that won that award You can't have it both ways. This "accident" should never have happened. The powers that be didn't know what was going on with this ship or her captain, or if they did know they didn't do anything about it. Per reports this wasn't the first time this captain was showing off and hotdogging in this manner. The powers that be at Carnival Corp. are in, the final outcome, responsible for this situation. Unfortunatly the financial payment they are offering won't bring back those that lost their lives, and yet, you cheerleadres have nothing better to do than to defend the responsible party!

I don't believe anyone here is "defending" Carnival. I for one expect Carnival to do the responsible thing. This could have happened to any cruise line, and the fact that Carnival Holding owns more lines than any other company just increases the likelihood of it happening to them. The criticism here is about how it's been reported in the press. That's all.

I am so glad you have this one all figured out and the guilty parties convicted. I am sure you did some thorough investigating to get to that point. In case you didn't notice, this particular board is the Carnival Cruise Lines board not the Carnival Corp./Costa board. Your theory is like saying Frito Lay is responsible if Taco Bell screws up (since they are both owned by Pepsi Corp).

Now I am going to go stand in the corner for breaking my rule of not taking the bait (or following the advice of my old boss who said, "Don't mud wrestle with pigs because you will both get dirty and the pig will like it"). :rolleyes:

I think he would consider referring to Pepsi Lay or Pepsi Bell as quality journalism. Insisting otherwise makes one a Pepsi cheerleader. ;)

The same happened today on ABC's The View...Do you think, had it been Cunard's Queen Victoria ship instead of the Costa Concordia, they would be calling it the Carnival Queen Victoria? I think not!

Nope. It would be an even more sensational story to name the high end Cunard brand.

#1...I am nowhere NEAR a cheerleader. I just call it like I see it and this is classless on the part of ABC/Disney (and RCI with their 'letter')

This 'accident' was caused by one man....one child-like man who could have been a captain on any line, but just happened to be on the Concordia.

If you think that it's totally impossible that human error could happen on other lines, well, you just keep believing that but it's not reality.

Defend the responsible party??? Carnival Corp is financially responsible by all means, but the one that caused them this awful situation is just one lone guy. he is responsible.

This one Bozo has likely caused every other cruise line out there some damage as well, and they are all going to have to do their best to spin this mess....BUT there already is a difference amongst these other lines. Some are handling this situation with class while others are acting like vultures.

The difference is obvious if you open your eyes.

There could be a firestorm of protests if Ms. Sawyer screwed up a few words of the National Anthem.

Unfortunately (and sadly), the butchering of our national anthem wouldn't offend folks around here nearly as much as attaching their precious Carnival name to a stricten ship - for which it actually is attached. Allegiance can be very alarming around here.

The days of Walter and Edward R. Murrow are unfortunately over. News is just entertainment...in fact I think most networks have their news shows in the Entertainment division of their respective networks. They really have no credibility anymore. I'm lumping all together...CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC (including MSNBC) and CBS. It seems all have an agenda.

I recommend you all post your feeling on ABC and 20/20's Facebook pages. There are hundreds of similar comments there. I know ABC executives read the comments because they often feature them in thier broadcasts. Somehow I doubt these will make the evening news, but it feel good to be heard!

The days of Walter and Edward R. Murrow are unfortunately over. News is just entertainment...in fact I think most networks have their news shows in the Entertainment division of their respective networks. They really have no credibility anymore. I'm lumping all together...CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC (including MSNBC) and CBS. It seems all have an agenda.

:(

It's not good, but you are so right.

I recommend you all post your feeling on ABC and 20/20's Facebook pages. There are hundreds of similar comments there. I know ABC executives read the comments because they often feature them in thier broadcasts. Somehow I doubt these will make the evening news, but it feel good to be heard!

You should just post the link to this thread.

Archived