Do the cabins on the Oasis have clocks?

I don't know if Oasis/Allure have clocks. None of the other ships I've been on have had clocks in the room.

Since every cell phone ever made has an alarm clock, and since virtually all passengers have at least one alarm clock on the party, it has not really been an issue. Plus, it's really easy to set up a wake up call with the phone.

For some reason I think that Oasis/Allure are different than the other ships. Maybe clock on the phone is larger, I can't remember. (though I will find out on Sunday!) There aren't traditional alarm clocks. It would be too difficult to adjust for the various time zones encountered on the cruise. Since we turn the mobile phones off, we rely on the wake up calls.

I cannot remember what ship we sailed on that did have clocks in the cabins. I know it wasnt celebrity, but I could not remember if it was RCCL.

Anyone sail on the Oasis and remember if there was an alarm clock?

If you need an alarm clock, you can use the cabin phone for wake up calls. Easy DIY

We always bring a small travel alarm clock, I like to have a clock in the room just for time of day and getting ready.

Sorry you can't remember what cruise line you were on! :eek:

I have started taking my own alarm clock/radio with me. I plug it into the outlet on the desk.

The first time that I took it was on the Navigator of the Seas. On the first night while going to bed I was able to pick up radio stations from Key West, FL. Then in Jamaca I picked up some local channels.

I have started taking my own alarm clock/radio with me. I plug it into the outlet on the desk.

But you see, that's the thing - because the current fluctuates, the clock loses time. We brought our own electric clock radio one cruise and lost almost 1 hour each 24 hours. NOT conducive to being on time for an excursion. Or breakfast. Or lunch. Ha! :D

We just use the alarm clock on our iPhone now; it has a big display which we can see across the room at night. 'tis good. :)

But you see, that's the thing - because the current fluctuates, the clock loses time. We brought our own electric clock radio one cruise and lost almost 1 hour each 24 hours. NOT conducive to being on time for an excursion. Or breakfast. Or lunch. Ha! :D

We just use the alarm clock on our iPhone now; it has a big display which we can see across the room at night. 'tis good. :)

Get a small battery operated clock, we use it just for cruises. We take out the batteries as we pack up at the end of the cruise.

I could not see the time on the phone on Oasis. I always carry a travel alarm. They have a snooze function which a wake up call does not and I am afraid of falling back to sleep and missing a meeting or excursion. Also, mine has a thermometer and I find that nice to have. I just bought a new one that is a little bit bigger, but it has a built in LED flashlight and you change the time zones simply but rotating the end one notch at a time. I wish I had that on the transatlantic I did a few years ago. It is a good safety practice to always carry a flashlight. The new LED ones are small and can really come in handy in an emergency (like the "electric outage" on the Concordia).

Archived