Great Stirrup Cay Lazy River

Erwende

I was on GSC in late November while on the Pearl. We explored the island a bit and saw the river they are building. No staff on the island knew when it would open but it looked amazing. I am heading back there on the Sky in late April. Anyone have any latest info? Or if anyone is going soon, please check on the progress!

I am due to go there end of March, cousin the first week of March and a friend was there last weekend.

Let me just say this... nothing worth taking a picture of.... yet!

There was no work being done there when my friends were there. It has been slow progress and I am doubtful it will be done in March.

There are pictures on one of the threads on here. It is very barren and the beach is rough.

I am due to go there end of March, cousin the first week of March and a friend was there last weekend.

Let me just say this... nothing worth taking a picture of.... yet!

There was no work being done there when my friends were there. It has been slow progress and I am doubtful it will be done in March.

There are pictures on one of the threads on here. It is very barren and the beach is rough.

Take some pictures when you are there, even if we have to imagine what it is we are looking at!:D I am anxious for the lazy river to be finished, too....

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any updates on the progress of the construction of the Lazy River?? I heard it is noted on a map of the island. I would be interesting in seeing that if anyone can point me in the right direction.

• 4 weeks later...
Just got back from GSC

Nice. Thanks for the update.

Has anyone actually confirmed that this is indeed going to be a lazy river yet? Since there is still talk about some type of water way that could be for something else.

• 2 months later...
Anxious for updates and more pictures if anyone out there has them. We are really looking forward to GSC for our trip next year and we can't stop talking about the lazy river.

I'm pretty sure someone said that NCL has removed it from their website and others have posted that it is not a "lazy river" for cruisers, but instead a water run off or something like that?

I just read on another thread that one of the new enhancements on the island will be a snorkel trail costing $29.00 for the equipment and experience. Is it possible that what was intended to be a lazy river has become the snorkel trail or will there be two attractions. Ie the lazy river and the snorkel trail.

• 1 month later...

I am pretty sure it is the *snorkel* adventure thing now - check out the listing on the excursions. No lazy river listed, but a *Fate of the Fancy Snorkel Adventure*....bummed here - we were really looking forward to a lazy river to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
I am pretty sure it is the *snorkel* adventure thing now - check out the listing on the excursions. No lazy river listed, but a *Fate of the Fancy Snorkel Adventure*....bummed here - we were really looking forward to a lazy river to enjoy.

That is exactly what I was thinking too. I am asking any future cruisers who are going to GSC in the near future, to please make inquiries on behalf of poor souls like me back home who are waiting and wondering whether there will ever be a lazy river. It was something I was very excited about, but if they are not going to build it, I would just rather be told that so I can quit looking forward to it and think about what else to do while I am there. Please report back cruisers if you have any updates to share. I'll be watching lol.

That is exactly what I was thinking too. I am asking any future cruisers who are going to GSC in the near future, to please make inquiries on behalf of poor souls like me back home who are waiting and wondering whether there will ever be a lazy river. It was something I was very excited about, but if they are not going to build it, I would just rather be told that so I can quit looking forward to it and think about what else to do while I am there. Please report back cruisers if you have any updates to share. I'll be watching lol.

You like me, can quit looking forward to it.

There is not going to be a lazy river any time soon.

Hi guys, I was just there, and first of all, it was heaven. Don't worry that you'll be bored if there's no lazy river - just the beach itself is stunning, the water is gorgeous. The fate of the fancy snorkel tour is NOT in that winding river area, it is in the main beach area, with each shipwreck item marked by a buoy. Unless they are planning to relocate those items later.

I didn't know about the river, so didn't go looking for it. Sorry to not have more info, but the main thing I can say is that you'll have a great day there, lazy river or no lazy river. I am a picky traveler, and I thought GSC was the absolute highlight of the trip. I wished that you could choose to stay on the island and meet the boat on its way back to miami. Oh well. =)

Hi guys, I was just there, and first of all, it was heaven. Don't worry that you'll be bored if there's no lazy river - just the beach itself is stunning, the water is gorgeous. The fate of the fancy snorkel tour is NOT in that winding river area, it is in the main beach area, with each shipwreck item marked by a buoy. Unless they are planning to relocate those items later.

I didn't know about the river, so didn't go looking for it. Sorry to not have more info, but the main thing I can say is that you'll have a great day there, lazy river or no lazy river. I am a picky traveler, and I thought GSC was the absolute highlight of the trip. I wished that you could choose to stay on the island and meet the boat on its way back to miami. Oh well. =)

I'm just wondering, can you snorkel this yourself? Or do you have to pay to go out there where the shipwreck stuff is at?

The shipwreck snorkel objects are in the main beach area, out by the big rock. You can snorkel it with your own equipment for free or you can rent their equipment. I can't remember how much it cost, but it was reasonable, and they rent the pieces separately. I brought my own goggles, but rented the snorkel, fins, and vest from them. You HAVE to rent the vest, I think it was $4. (Although I don't think they were monitoring people in the water, and if you didn't have the vest and swam out to the snorkel buoys, I don't think anyone would have noticed.)

Personally, I preferred not to lug all that stuff with me, and just rent it for the day. I think the whole package was under $25.

The shipwreck snorkel objects are in the main beach area, out by the big rock. You can snorkel it with your own equipment for free or you can rent their equipment. I can't remember how much it cost, but it was reasonable, and they rent the pieces separately. I brought my own goggles, but rented the snorkel, fins, and vest from them. You HAVE to rent the vest, I think it was $4. (Although I don't think they were monitoring people in the water, and if you didn't have the vest and swam out to the snorkel buoys, I don't think anyone would have noticed.)

Personally, I preferred not to lug all that stuff with me, and just rent it for the day. I think the whole package was under $25.

Great thanks. We have our own equipment (except for the vest). So I'm glad to hear that you can do it on your own. I thought maybe they had a certain area maybe roped off that only the paying people could do the snorkel where they had the objects placed.

When we were there in March, we didn't wear any life vest and no one said anything to us. I believe probably 90% of the people in the water snorkeling probably didn't have any on that day.

Archived