Making dinner reservations

PSU

Since I am new to Oceania, I need help on how to make dinner reservations for a speciality restaurant and invite others to dine.

I am in a Penthouse Suite and can make reservations 75 days before sailing. I would like to invite some of the people on our roll call to dine with us (I know that there is a limit of 8).

How do I do this? Do I need their cabin numbers? Any other information? Is this even possible?

Thanks for all your help.:)

Yes, you do need their cabin numbers and one name. But if not all of them are able to book 75 days ahead, you won't be able to book the table until they are all eligible.

We did this in October -- we were in a Vista and our friends were in a "B", I think. We had to wait until they could book in order to book the table, but there was no problem doing so. I did book a table, then I added them to the reservation when they were eligible.

The process at Oceania's webpage is pretty easy to navigate.

Since I am new to Oceania, I need help on how to make dinner reservations for a speciality restaurant and invite others to dine.

I am in a Penthouse Suite and can make reservations 75 days before sailing. I would like to invite some of the people on our roll call to dine with us (I know that there is a limit of 8).

How do I do this? Do I need their cabin numbers? Any other information? Is this even possible?

Thanks for all your help.:)

You need thier booking number & surname

Once you log in & go to sign up the reservations it will ask if you want to share ..say NO

then add the guests booking number

Or call Oceania & they will do it for you

Mura,

Being in A Vista suite may have given you more latitude to book what you want when you want even at 60 days out. Not sure if the OP is sailing on an R ship or Marina because on Marina a PH gives you no more privileges pre boarding than any other cabin.

Mura,

Being in A Vista suite may have given you more latitude to book what you want when you want even at 60 days out. Not sure if the OP is sailing on an R ship or Marina because on Marina a PH gives you no more privileges pre boarding than any other cabin.

Are you sure about that? Early Embarkation is listed as an amenity for the Penthouses on the Marina/Riviera pages of the web site:

Our collection of elegant Penthouse Suites rivals any world-class hotel for comfort. The design of each suite is ingenious, which maximizes its generous 420 square feet of space and puts every creature comfort at your fingertips. At its heart is a spectacularly luxurious queen-size Prestige Tranquility Bed that can be converted into two twin beds, if you wish. Commodious enough for private en-suite dining, the living area features a table and comfortable seating, refrigerated mini-bar and lighted vanity desk. The large marble and granite-clad bathroom features an indulgent, full-size bathtub and separate shower and is conveniently located next to the full-size walk-in closet. For the ultimate view, simply open the sliding glass door and relax on the exquisitely furnished private veranda.

Suite Amenities

Exclusive Access to Executive Lounge Staffed by a Concierge

Prestige Tranquility Bed, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive, with 1,000-Thread-Count Linens

24-Hour Butler Service

Private Veranda

Welcome Bottle of Champagne

Refrigerated Mini-Bar with Free and Unlimited Soft Drinks and Bottled Water Replenished Daily

Full-Size Bathtub

Priority Check-In and Early Embarkation

Priority Luggage Delivery

Priority Restaurant Reservations in Toscana, Polo Grill, Jacques and Red Ginger

Laptop Computer with Wireless Internet Access++

Complimentary and Extensive 24-Hour Room Service

L’Occitane Toiletries

Thick Cotton Robes and Slippers

Cashmere Lap Blanket

LCD Flat-Screen Television

Grohe Handheld Shower Heads

Security Safe

Handheld Hair Dryer

Direct Dial Satellite Phone and Cellular Service

110/220 Volt Outlets

++Internet usage charges apply.

Wripro and Jim/Stan,

We booked our table on Marina as soon as we could, and that was more like 90 days than 60 -- I think. I don't specifically remember.

Also, I wasn't sure which ship the OP is on, so just went by the 75 days ahead mentioned. I wasn't sure if we (in a VS on Marina) were able to book 90 days ahead or 75, but irrespective of that our friends had to wait a while longer. It's certainly true that a PH on the "R" ships has more benefits than a PH on Marina (at least in terms of specialty restaurant reservations).

On a 12 day cruise, with our guaranteed 2 reservations in each restaurant, our butler still booked us in a specialty restaurant each night -- not that we used all of those. We were in the GDR 2-3 nights and we dined in our room a couple of nights.

Back in July 2010 we were a party of 8 booked in Polo on our first night out. On that cruise we were in an "A". We didn't see the itinerary until the PH cabins were all gone, and normally we aren't in such elite quarters as we were on Marina. Our host WAS in a VS (on Insignia) and he didn't have any problems booking early. I'm thinking that not that many people are looking for such large tables, which might make it easier for OP even if some of his friends may have to wait longer to book a table than he will.

It WOULD be nice if Oceania would permit the person making the reservation to book for everybody, but I guess they have their reasons!

Mura

JimandStan,

I said PRE-BOARDING. Before we could make reservations online boarding earlier was a distinct advantage, now not so much. At any rate, I guess I was really thinking that once on board those in a Vista suite can get pretty much anything they want.

It WOULD be nice if Oceania would permit the person making the reservation to book for everybody, but I guess they have their reasons!

Sorry to dissent, but I would not like to pay more for concierge class or suite and find out when it was my turn to make reservations that the specialty restaurant is already full on the most popular nights or at the most popular time because people booked into expensive staterooms have booked all their friends or "roll-call mates" in much less expensive cabins at their tables. We like the way the system is set up now, where the cabin category paid for reaps the benefit of earlier booking into specialty restaurants for the guests whose turn it is to book. It's a privilege one is paying for themselves.

We think the access to earlier reservation-making is one of the best perks of paying more for higher priced cabins, unless one is staying in the Owner's, Vista or Oceania Suites, since it is easy to get desirable dining times once on the ship if you are staying in those suites.

I see your point and won't debate it! I was thinking only of those occasions when you are a group (which I suppose is obvious!).

The few times I've seen people mentioning this inconvenience -- that is not being able to book the whole table until everyone is at the appropriate days before sailing -- that actually those reservations have been achieved.

Archived