Excursions - Additions & Cancellations?

Hate 2 W8t

We just received notice that one of our Alaska excursions was cancelled. It got me thinking...do they ever ADD excursions to the list? I have checked a few times and have not seen any additions. Maybe closer to my cruise date? Just wondering since this is our first cruise and first hiccup. :p

Last year Princess had two additional excursions added on the ship that were not included on the website or on the shore excursion book.

I am also curious which excursion was cancelled. I wonder if it had to do with the company unable to provide the excursion.

It was a Horseback and Mendenhall Glacier tour. Interstingly, when I booked my tours through the Princess website (170 days out), this was one of the few tours that was starting to fill. I have searched and searched to no avail. Anyone know of an indie for this? The ride went through the rain forest, along a creek. Sounded just grand. I posted on Alaska too, but haven't checked there yet this morning. Will let you know if I do find something to take its place.

It was a Horseback and Mendenhall Glacier tour. Interstingly, when I booked my tours through the Princess website (170 days out), this was one of the few tours that was starting to fill. I have searched and searched to no avail. Anyone know of an indie for this? The ride went through the rain forest, along a creek. Sounded just grand. I posted on Alaska too, but haven't checked there yet this morning. Will let you know if I do find something to take its place.

They may have cancelled it because they changed the time in port? There might not be enough time to do it and that's why it could have been cancelled for your sailing.

I know there were several excursions listed in the shore excursion booklet for my upcoming Hawaii cruise, but when I went to book them online, they were not even offered. Then I realized ... some of those excursions I was trying to book were for longer durations. I figured that they were not being offered for my sailing because we would not be in the port long enough to allow for them.

Could that be the case with your sailing as well?

Also, I've only been on one Princess cruise so far, and yes ... there were a couple of shore excursions that were added and could only be booked onboard. These excursions were displayed at the shore excursion desk ... and clearly labeled as "new."

Blue skies ...

--rita

Juneau horseback riding has never gotten good reviews nor well attended. In Alaska the most and consistantly raved about has always been Joni's out of Carcross, via Skagway. Looking quick on the Juneau travel site, there are no horseback riding listings. Perhaps go through a booking agent and inquire? http://www.traveljuneau.com But your two tour options will be split, and it's easy independent to get to Mendenhall so if you find a horseback riding don't worry about the glaicer add on option. It's a $5 each way pp shuttle from downtown. $3 admission to the Glacier Visitor center if of interest.

Archived