Dawn Has Rough Seas Today

Dolphins

Ahoy Friends.

Sorry to hear about Our Dawn and her Crew & Passengers.

Yes. Things could be worse. So you lose a day of vacation, which I agree stinks BUT ... hey ... like John Lennon Said, "Life is what happens ..."

NCL is giving a $100 credit? That's good. That's fair. It wasn't THEIR fault.

WHAT a WEEK for this to happen thou! School vacation week coming onbaord! Oh Boy! It will be interesting to hear how NCL helps the families who may already be away from home and in NY a day or two early.

We just returned from the Pride of Aloha from Hawaii and our flights were canceled due to the Blizzard in Denver. NCL had new flights IMMEDIATELY RE-CONFIRMED with seats for the next day. We had to get a hotel for the night at our own exspense. (Act of nature. What are you going to due?) We were pleased that they took that step and got us CONFIRMED seats. Otherwise ... I hate to think of what we would have been dealing with. (Most other flights were over $600 additional IF we could even get on one!)

The Dawn's a great ship and those of you sailing will have great table conversation during the cruise to discuss ... "What did you do during the divertion?"

Bon Voyage!

Rough Seas . . read below:

DAWN Meets Freak At Daybreak

April 15: NORWEGIAN DAWN was hit by a rouge wave on her return to New York, during very rough weather. As the weather improved at daybreak, the NCL ship was hit by a freak wave that broke windows in two separate cabins. 62 cabins were flooded and 4 passengers were reported injured. NORWEGIAN DAWN was diverted to Charleston, South Carolina for repairs and passengers whose cabins were flooded were being from Charleston, the ship will continue to New York wher she is expected Monday

This was found at :

http://www.maritimematters.com/shipnews.html

Happy Cruising :)

Suesan Jean. I like your attitude!

Jeannep, a delayed cruise ship is the least of my problems... As long as everyone is OK, the ship can be fixed, super. Life is not always easy, life does not always follow the plans that have been made, life is messy sometimes.... Things happen...... Things could have been so much worse for the ship and its passengers.....

I do hope to have a nice time and I hope our travels are calm and problem free, and if they are not, I have Dramamine, Bonnine, Ginger and Patches!!!

Suesan

Could this be the Tsunami affact from the earthquake last week?

Just wondering...

My thoughts are with the passengers on board and the 17th, now 18th passengers as well.

My understanding that a tsunami would pass right under a ship at sea and they wouldn't even feel it. It only becomes a wave when it runs into something, i.e. the shoreline.

...All passengers would be given a partial refund, a credit for a future trip and access to the ship's open bar...

They're going to need that access to the ship's open bar. :eek:

Back in November we had 15-20 foot seas on the Sun as we were approaching Grand Cayman. It was not a pleasant thing to wake up to. I can't imagine what it must have been like for the folks on the Dawn, who had conditions equally as bad and WORSE. :( It sounds as if no one was seriously injured physically, though I imagine that some passengers may put cruising off for a while.

I'm looking forward to reading some first-hand accounts.

Archived