Question about Carnival Credit Card

CruzinNoony

Even better than purchasing obc with your points prior to your sailing, you can use your Carnival Mastercard to pay your sail and sign account onboard, and THEN redeem points for statement credit for this transaction. That way you earn double points for your spending onboard. :)

Thank you! Do you know what the different levels are? For instance, to get $100.00 obc how many points do you have to have?

7200 = $50.00

12,500 = $100

20,000 = $200 or $200 Spa Credit

Plus there are other gifts and items you can purchase with points.

All this info can be found when you log in to your account.

Even better than purchasing obc with your points prior to your sailing, you can use your Carnival Mastercard to pay your sail and sign account onboard, and THEN redeem points for statement credit for this transaction. That way you earn double points for your spending onboard. :)

You get double points for booking and paying for your cruise too. Basically any Carnival charge earns you double points.

This is what I do. Maximizes the benefit!!;)

Another carnival credit card question: if I pay for the balance on our 2 cabins using the carnival credit card and then use points to "pay" off my credit card charge- will I still get double points on the charge? Does that make sense?

We actually have 3 cabins book for July. I have enough points now to pay for 2 cabins. I was wondering if I call and say I want to pay the balance of the 2 cabins now and I use my carnival card, if I will get points for that amount charged? But I then will redeem my points to pay the charge. If they gave me points for using the card for the 2 cabins, then I should have more points to use toward the 3rd cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
Another carnival credit card question: if I pay for the balance on our 2 cabins using the carnival credit card and then use points to "pay" off my credit card charge- will I still get double points on the charge? Does that make sense?

We actually have 3 cabins book for July. I have enough points now to pay for 2 cabins. I was wondering if I call and say I want to pay the balance of the 2 cabins now and I use my carnival card, if I will get points for that amount charged? But I then will redeem my points to pay the charge. If they gave me points for using the card for the 2 cabins, then I should have more points to use toward the 3rd cabin.

To redeem the points for a cruise you need to charge the cruise to the Carnival card then go to your account after the charges post and redeem the points towards a cruise. It will come up with a list of Carnival charges that you can use the points on to reduce the credit card balance.

The one thing I am not sure about is if you still get points for the cruise that you charged then apply the points towards.

I have one and I think it's worth it only because you can get 5,000 bonus points for applying. Costco AmEx gives 2% back on all travel, the Carnival Mastercard gives 2%+ back on Carnival/CCL purchases. The Costco AmEx is a better over-all card, but can't be used everywhere.

Like others said, don't buy the OBC with the card points, use it to rebate on a Carnival purchase within 180 days of the purchase. You get more value for the points if using under 20,000 at a time. It's even better if your Carnival purchase is $1501 or more (starting March 1st - it's a lower threshold right now).

I have one and I think it's worth it only because you can get 5,000 bonus points for applying. Costco AmEx gives 2% back on all travel, the Carnival Mastercard gives 2%+ back on Carnival/CCL purchases. The Costco AmEx is a better over-all card, but can't be used everywhere.

AARP VISA (through Chase) gives 3% back on all travel, so there are other "better" options. Other cards may give 5X points during special promotional periods.

At least the current Carnival FunPoints Mastercard is better than the old SeaMiles card.

What's in your wallet? :D

Archived