Attention Dawn Cruisers April 17

seahorse

Galesie,

NCL is offering a shipboard credit of up to $200 per cabin in addition to pro-rating the cruise to 6 days meaning you will be refunded for the day you will lose by the shipping arriving on monday. This is according to NCL's latest press release on their website.

Sincerely,

JC

Hi, did anyone hear on the news that a wave just hit the Dawn??? They have to port. My friend called me up and said that it was just on the news. She also said that some of the passengers did not know what was going on as the boat was rocking back and fourth really badly, so they called the coast guard. When the coast guard called the captain he said that they were hit by a wave and some of the windows were blown in!! Don't know how much of this is actually true, but wanted to know if anyone had more information.

Norwegian Dawn News Update

Last night on her return to New York, Norwegian Dawn experienced extremely rough weather. Although the weather had become slightly calmer at daybreak, the ship was hit by a freak wave that caused two windows to break in two different cabins. There was flooding in 62 cabins and four passengers were hurt with cuts and bruises.

The safety and integrity of the ship was in no way compromised by this incident.

Norwegian Dawn will be diverting to Charleston, South Carolina to conduct repairs. The ship will arrive late on Saturday afternoon. Passengers whose cabins were flooded will be flown home from Charleston.

Once repairs are complete, the ship will continue to New York. At this time, the company is unsure of the exact departure time of Norwegian Dawn from Charleston. The earliest the ship can arrive in New York is Monday morning.

Travel agents with passengers on the April 17th cruise are being contacted to inform them of the delay. NCL has set up a special number, 1-800-625-5672 for passengers to call for updates. In addition, updates will be posted on the Web site.

The company will provide updates as they become available.

im going on the dawn in july i hope its fixed and hope this dont happen when i go. im geting scared

Hi, I am also going in July, the 3rd. My daughter heard the news and started screaming she is not going...lol Hopefully everything will be fine.

My TA sent me a copy of the letters the passengers onboard received. NCL is taking care of everything - they are helping everyone arrange alternative arrangements to get home at NCL expense for any extra charges - also are refunding 50% of current cruise in cash and voucher for 50% of price paid off a future cruise so in fact everyone is getting 100% refund in form of cash and voucher plus additional expenses are at NCL expense I think they are really taking care of everyone For the 62 cabins that are not occupable due to flooding they are charting a plane to fly them all to New York and will make arrangements from there. Again I think they are doing a great job regarding this. Just my opinion

My TA sent me a copy of the letters the passengers onboard received. NCL is taking care of everything - they are helping everyone arrange alternative arrangements to get home at NCL expense for any extra charges - also are refunding 50% of current cruise in cash and voucher for 50% of price paid off a future cruise so in fact everyone is getting 100% refund in form of cash and voucher plus additional expenses are at NCL expense I think they are really taking care of everyone For the 62 cabins that are not occupable due to flooding they are charting a plane to fly them all to New York and will make arrangements from there. Again I think they are doing a great job regarding this. Just my opinion

I am so glad to hear that NCL is stepping up to the plate.....this will be good PR for NCL, and I appreciate them taking care of the paying customers!!

Possibly I am biased in favor of NCL now, but it has been my own personal experience that they ALWAYS step up to the plate and do the right thing for their customers. It is why they got two repeat cruises from me.

wow - I had just refreshed the webcam, and thought "where the heck IS the dawn, in a nice sunny, quiet port on saturday, when she should be heading home?"

then punched up CC, and of course the answer was right there!

As usual!

Galesie,

NCL is offering a shipboard credit of up to $200 per cabin in addition to pro-rating the cruise to 6 days meaning you will be refunded for the day you will lose by the shipping arriving on monday. This is according to NCL's latest press release on their website.

Sincerely,

JC

Thanks for the info. Hope we leave Mon

Archived