TSR Sceme Sydney Overseas Terminal

Tedirene

Hi all,

We are travelling on the Dawn in March leaving from the Sydney Overseas Terminal. Thinking of buying a new camera before we leave and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the procedure is to get our gst refund. I have done it at the airport but not departing on a cruise from Sydney. Is there an office at the terminal or is there a place on board where we can claim?

Any help or advice really appreciated.

Ted

There is an office in the terminal. You probably know you have to have the item with you plus the tax invoice and supply a credit card number for the refund. There will be a desk in the terminal after you go through immigration and just after the security scanning machine. The last time I noticed this desk it was in the old Wharf 8 but I believe it would have to be the same now.

So long as you stick to the rules, you should be fine. We last claimed in May last year at Wharf 5 and there was no problem at all - apart from the passengers who didn't see the sign and lined up behind us thinking it was another check they had to go through - lol - http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4646.asp

The TRS desk was just at the start of the walk around the petitions to get to the Xray machines ... and only a few steps from where you are given your cruise card.

Blink and you'd miss it for sure ... and you'd miss it if anyone was standing there, you wouldn't pay much attention especially if you have cruised before and boarded at Wharf 5.

Archived