After dinner drink shot glasses

mosaic_mom

I think I remember seeing a review done on here quite a while back, possibly by Mach, where after dinner drinks in the MDR were talked about where you got to keep the shot glasses.

Does anyone know if Carnival still does that in the MDR and if so what drinks can you get? Are those the drinks listed on the dessert menu for after dinner?

I think I remember seeing a review done on here quite a while back, possibly by Mach, where after dinner drinks in the MDR were talked about where you got to keep the shot glasses.

Does anyone know if Carnival still does that in the MDR and if so what drinks can you get? Are those the drinks listed on the dessert menu for after dinner?

On our last couple of cruises, I noticed the bar server would come around before our meal started or during starters and at dessert time with shots already poured and when telling us about the variety of shots on his tray he followed up with the price in which he stated included the glass. These were little cordials and drinks like that - kind of like the specials of the night, at least that was my impression. One of our tablemates got one nightly and was quite proud of his collection by the end of the week. :)

On our last cruise, they were pitching these endlessly in the MDR. Very annoying, almost as bad as the photographers on Promenade stepping in front of you and making it very difficut to pass by them.

I've never seen them on any of our cruises. We are going to be on the Carnival Magic February 19-26. Do we need to request this? I collect shot glasses and these would be an amazing addition to my collection!!!!!

Does anyone know what variety of shots they had and also, how much were they? Is it only in the MDR or can you go to any bar and do the same?

I've never seen them on any of our cruises. We are going to be on the Carnival Magic February 19-26. Do we need to request this? I collect shot glasses and these would be an amazing addition to my collection!!!!!

Does anyone know what variety of shots they had and also, how much were they? Is it only in the MDR or can you go to any bar and do the same?

We purchased a few at the Lobby Bar so I don't think it's a 'just after dinner' thing. The prices varied a bit (not much...) by the type of shot you ordered...

:)

We got some of those blinky LED shot glasses on board, too. Lots of fun!

We got them last week one night, but it was kind of odd. The drink server would only let us get them w/ amaretto, Bailey's, or Kahlua. I ended up having her mix some Bailey's w/ amaretto, but previous cruises I had them there was a "special" mix each night, but you could essentially get whatever you wanted. She had to go and get more, so it wasn't like she was just trying to sell what she had on her tray. Very odd....but tasty and the glasses are cute. Only one survived from our last cruise on RC, but both came home safe this trip :) We got a white-ish clear one and a blue one. My parents got a green and a brownish-amber color (in case anyone is picky about the color-they were all pretty)

I want to say it was ~$8 a piece....but our receipt came w/ the rest of the drinks we had ordered during dinner as well, so I can't be completely sure on that.

You mean these guys?

IMG_0890resized.jpg

We had B52s in ours. There's several shots type available in those glasses.

THAT'S IT !!! Thanks, Mach, for the picture. I have to get me a few of those. I will try the lobby bar too.

Thanks, everyone.

This must be fairly new(3yrs) on CCL. I havnt seen them before

I saw them alot on RCCl they are called loving cups they use to be litttle aluminum cups(mini DOD) now the glass ones

I've never seen these before and my last cruise was this past summer. I definitely want a couple on our next cruise. :D

I didnt see either on our Thanksgiving cruise so I hope they have them on our April cruise!!

This must be fairly new(3yrs) on CCL. I havnt seen them before

I saw them alot on RCCl they are called loving cups they use to be litttle aluminum cups(mini DOD) now the glass ones

We have a collection from our cruise last Feb on the Valor. :)

Archived