Past Customers And Price Drop

asalnars

I booked my cruise on the Miracle for April many months ago. I purchased using American Airlines.

I have seen that due to the Concordia accident that prices for this cruise have really dropped a lot. So I called American Airlines Cruises to see if there was some kind of compensation for clients who booked early. Unfortunately I was told that no.

Under normal circumstances I would accept this as its always a risk when buying a cruise that prices can vary a great deal. But due to the present circumstances where Carnival has dropped prices tremendously because many people are thinking twice before buying a cruise then they should protect their past and faithfull passengers.

I for one will think twice before buying again with Carnival. I understand that legally they dont have to offer nothing. But if they wish to keep happy their past faithfull passengers then they should offer at least some on board credit.

Have you made final payment? If not, you are eligible to get the price decrease. Or you can cancel and rebook. If you are past final payment date, then you're out of luck. This is consistent across most, if not all, cruise lines. It would be a bad business decision to make an exception due to the Concordia incident.

You're problem definitely isn't with Carnival, but rather American.

Had you booked Early Savers or booked through an actual travel agency, and possibly even a traditional ticket with Carnival and before the 75 days prior to cruising, you likely wouldn't have this problem.

Don't be blaming Carnival for something that they don't have anything to do with.

I booked my cruise on the Miracle for April many months ago. I purchased using American Airlines.

I have seen that due to the Concordia accident that prices for this cruise have really dropped a lot. So I called American Airlines Cruises to see if there was some kind of compensation for clients who booked early. Unfortunately I was told that no.

Under normal circumstances I would accept this as its always a risk when buying a cruise that prices can vary a great deal. But due to the present circumstances where Carnival has dropped prices tremendously because many people are thinking twice before buying a cruise then they should protect their past and faithfull passengers.

I for one will think twice before buying again with Carnival. I understand that legally they dont have to offer nothing. But if they wish to keep happy their past faithfull passengers then they should offer at least some on board credit.

How do you know that the price drop was due to the Concordia incident? As others has said it you booked ES, then you would be eligible. It sounds like either you didn't book ES or the agent with AA Cruises didn't want to do the work. Also, you will find many people here who say that their cruise has gone up in price, so I don't think that Carnival has dropped prices tremendously in response to this incident. Also, Carnival isn't going to lose many "past faithful passengers" over this only the ones that feel they are owed something.

Hey be careful folks since we cannot mention who we booked thru. Just say a TA.

OP you dont know thats why YOUR price is down, its a assumption on your part. Prices have been down even before that.

However, you can ask for a free upgrade to a higher category if there is a category above yours which matches what you paid.

Prices go up and down all the time, impossible to prove cause and effect.

The cruises I am watching have not dropped any in months. Some cruises just drop closer to sailing date....after final payment. It has nothing to do with the Concordia tragedy.

If you called AA and they refuse to help you, why are you blaming Carnival? I suppose I don't get it.

Archived