Eurodam Magnet door signs?

skooter35

They are and you can. I had a white board on ours during our fall cruise so I could exchange messages with my parents. I also posted post cards from each of our stops as well as photos (I have a small polaroid printer). Our cabin neighbors loved to stop by and check out what we had done the day before.

In my experience, magnetic things don't stick well to the doors on any HAL ship we've been on unless they are very light weight or have a strong magnet. Preferably both. We have to stick our "message board" on the door frame because it always falls off the door. Typical refrigerator magnets fall off, but maybe what you describe as "magnet sheets" would work because of a larger surface area.

We tried putting magnets, small and large full size sheets on the Eurodam in Dec. but they would not stick. We found they would stick on the wall next to the door. Unfortunately we "lost" one even though it was personalized.

• 2 months later...

398908_3922431025106_1409502253_3550719_355158143_n.jpg

I ordered magnetic signs from an internet site and was very happy with the outcome. They would not stick to the door, but the wall worked perfectly.

Now everytime I open the fridge door, I smile with the memories and counting the days until we are sailing again.

The doors are magnetic though not very strong. A big sign that's thin like that poster above has pictured would prob stay without issue. My Pisa magnent was able to stay up on the door on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

On our last cruise I used adhesive Gel Stickers... (I think they are primarily for window decorations)... you find them in most places where they sell tape, and photo hangs. I bought them at Wal Mart. They were very cute, left no residue, & easy to change postings. They held stronger than expected and I will use again.

I ordered magnetic signs from an internet site and was very happy with the outcome. They would not stick to the door, but the wall worked perfectly.

Now everytime I open the fridge door, I smile with the memories and counting the days until we are sailing again.

Very nice.

On our last cruise I used adhesive Gel Stickers... (I think they are primarily for window decorations)... you find them in most places where they sell tape, and photo hangs. I bought them at Wal Mart. They were very cute, left no residue, & easy to change postings. They held stronger than expected and I will use again.

These type of items have left residue on some cabin walls. And the passengers were held financially responsible for replacing the ruined wall panels. I would not recommend them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1535150

Great idea. You didn't have to worry about them falling off every time you open the door either.

That's just too darn cute!! Great job!!

That's just too darn cute!! Great job!!

On our recent Zuiderdam Panama Canal cruise I had a door posterboard with pictures of us at the time of our wedding and a third photo (showing us on our last (2009) cruise on the Prinsendam) made at our local Kinkos, to celebrate our 64th anny. I called HAL to inquire about the size of the doors and the best way to attach the poster and was told to use double sided tape. I bought the double sided tape at ourlocal Office Max and selected the kind which promised it could be removed without leaving residue on the door no matter whether the door was wood or metal. However we learned that the board would soon slip down to the foot of the door and thus had to prop it on the rail below our notice box , where it remained very well for the remainder of the cruise, visible and commented on by many who passed.

We take a small magnetic white board, which we brace partly on the rail next to the door. We travel with family and can keep them aware of where we are that way. It was fun when other passengers added little good wishes as well.

Archived