Epic - Would You Switch Aft PH to Spa Suite?

SeaHunt

I have booked 2 Aft Penthouses (S6 #10235 & 10236) on the 12/15/12 Epic sailing, but might have to switch to the 1/5/13 sailing instead. When I just checked the prices, I see that I could save some $$ by booking the same Aft PH category on 1/5, but for just a little more than what I'm paying now I could move up to a Spa Suite (S9).

Anyone out there who has maybe seen both room categories with any opinions on this? BTW we have never had an aft view before....

I have booked 2 Aft Penthouses (S6 #10235 & 10236) on the 12/15/12 Epic sailing, but might have to switch to the 1/5/13 sailing instead. When I just checked the prices, I see that I could save some $$ by booking the same Aft PH category on 1/5, but for just a little more than what I'm paying now I could move up to a Spa Suite (S9).

Anyone out there who has maybe seen both room categories with any opinions on this? BTW we have never had an aft view before....

There are people who LOVE their Aft suites.... and there are people (like me) who have booked a Spa Suite 3 times.

The S9 is the cheapest cabin on ship which gives you full run of the ship.(spa, haven, etc.)

Plus, it's got nice showerhead, and the in-room jacuzzi-tub.....otherwise they're not really that different.

So it depends what the price differential is. If it's more than the cost of the Spa Pass, then there's not much difference between the two.

We were thinking about booking an aft suite because you have access to the Haven. However, those suites are not located in the Haven area it self and is a hike to get to the haven. So we decided to spend the extra money for the convenience of being right in the Haven area. Some people really like the aft suites but I have also heard there are vibrations that can be felt.

Thanks for the answers! sjbdtz I'd say 3 times in a Spa suite is a good sign :)

I still haven't done anything yet besides talk to my PCC at NCL to get info on available cabins. I'm still waiting on the second couple (who are in another state) to let me know if they definitely have to change the date or not. And in the meantime I'm sure all the "good" cabins are going, going, gone lol. Jeeze, I sure wish they'd call me already!

I agree with you ripjerry95, I told my PCC I'd love to be in the courtyard for the convenience (and only two are left!), but I don't think they'll go that much extra $$$. But I'm sure going to ask.

The Spa suites they show open right now are 14145, 14147, 14149 - anyone know of any problems with noise above from the Marketplace, etc. from these?

We've done both, loved the aft but hated the shower in the garden tub, have a bad knee & ankle, so I had to get a stool to get into it. 2nd time we did the spa suite, loved it. Both give access to the Haven, where we ate most of our meals, it was great. Both rooms are the same size, with the aft having a little more room by the balcony, because there is no spa tub there.

Pat

We've done both, loved the aft but hated the shower in the garden tub, have a bad knee & ankle, so I had to get a stool to get into it.

Thanks so much for this info - I didn't know about the shower setup, and would probably kill myself trying to get into this (major klutz with bad knee too LOL)

This morning I switched to Spa Suites 14149 and 14147 - so if anyone wants AFT PH 10235 & 10236 on the Epic 12/15 sailing I just cancelled those so you better call quickly to snatch them up :)

I have stayed in the penthouse and the shower/tub combo is a mistake and very odd to shower in that tub. I would not like a big tub in the suite as it takes up room. But the separate shower is ideal.

I would also pick spa suite only because I would definately use the spa which saves money on the spa pass.

Neither suite is large and it is ackward to move around because of how small they are with a bed in the middle of the room. Is it too small? NO but I would not want it any smaller.

I would take the S9 in a second. But then again, I just left one....

We were in 14151 (the most Aft S9 with the big balcony) last week and I must say, there is not a lot of noise in the cabin at all, but on the Sea Days, there was a LOT of noise coming from up on the pool deck at about 5-6am. I gather that they are setting out extra chairs for the hoards of people who end up there on Sea days?? I don't know -- never went up to the pool deck to find out. I was either in the Spa Thermal Suite or the Courtyard/Posh/Forward Courtyard Sundeck the whole week. AMAZING.

This morning I switched to Spa Suites 14149 and 14147 - so if anyone wants AFT PH 10235 & 10236 on the Epic 12/15 sailing I just cancelled those so you better call quickly to snatch them up :)

I'm in 14149 in 59 days.

We were in 14151 (the most Aft S9 with the big balcony) last week and I must say, there is not a lot of noise in the cabin at all, but on the Sea Days, there was a LOT of noise coming from up on the pool deck at about 5-6am. I gather that they are setting out extra chairs for the hoards of people who end up there on Sea days?? I don't know -- never went up to the pool deck to find out. I was either in the Spa Thermal Suite or the Courtyard/Posh/Forward Courtyard Sundeck the whole week. AMAZING.

You're exactly right. 14151 is underneath the exit to the green water slide, but on sea days there are deck chairs nearby that they set up early morning. I had to wear ear plugs (little orange foam ones)

Was in 14151 both other times I sailed. I like that cabin! :)

Stephen

Thanks for all the info everyone. I feel good about changing to the S9. Now if we could just win the lottery in between I can head on up from there LOL

We were in 14151 (the most Aft S9 with the big balcony) last week.

Ohhh, I saw that cabin on youtube and read sdmike's balcony description but it was already booked for the 1/5 sailing. But I'm going to keep watching to see if it ever opens and try to grab it :)

I'm in 14149 in 59 days.

Yay! Please let me know what you think of "my" cabin!

Had an aft penthouse suite on TA last year. You do get the vibrations, mostly when coming into port. We were lucky enough to have them do a cabin crawl and we got to see the spa suite, too. I bought a spa pass since mobility was an issue at that time and the spa was right above our room.

I think you made the right choice. Spa on the Epic is great.

I was also in 14151, loved it. Guess I'm a sound sleeper, never heard them moving chairs. If they would replace the round beds with a regular one, I think there would be more room. The spa suite is the only choice for a walk in shower unless you move up to the Haven 2 bdrm. Enjoy your suite.

Pat

Archived