Home Lines employees/memories?

My husband is Rocco Macri's cousin. Rocco passed away several years ago in Italy. You may contact me at mary.carato@gmail.com

I worked on board ss. Oceanic and ss. homeric form 1963 to 1968. I had the pleasure to be one of Mr. Macrì assistents purser. I felt very sorry knowing that Mr. Macrì passed away . he was wonderful person and well prepared purser.I always will remember him.

Joseph

There is a Facebook page for the S/S Oceanic! I think it's mostly crew members, but also some passengers. Who knows....you might reconnect with some of the crew you knew! There are some photos too, but they appear to be from very early.

Check it out on Facebook....

S/S Oceanic The Love Boat

• 1 month later...
My mom was on the Doric Feb 1979 and she met Dino and i was born Dec 1979 i would like to let my dad no that he has a 30 year old daughter that would love to meet him.

As I understand it, Dino was quite a friendly and charming young Italian male working on the best ship in the world at that time. He took full advantage of that fact, and many of us knew him. Some knew him better than others, but frankly, he was a likeable guy.

His name has been mentioned on this site several times in the past, so you might want to spend some time looking back the past couple of years for various posts regarding your dad. I'm not sure what all the information contained, but it could be helpful in seeking him out.:)

Also, Try Facebook, as noted. Try his name with different spellings, if your Mom remembers any of his friends you might want to look them up and then ask if they've been in touch with Dino more recently.

You may have to work a little more diligently than posting on Cruise Critic or Facebook, however. If you are truly looking to meet your father, you may have to invest quite a bit of time and even more money. I have an American friend with an American mother and father who has been looking for her parents for close to 10 years now with only little success.

Good Luck in your quest.

Tori,

I remember your mother posting about you. I have some pictures of him from about 1983. If you let me know your e-mail or facebook, I can send them to you. I don't know what they did with the private message capability on this site!! GRRR!

I recently found my waiter from Home Lines. I will ask him if he knows Dino and if not, I will ask if he knows any way that you might be able to find him.

Lisa

Tori.......

I FOUND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS DINO VECCHIO!!!!!!!! I am working on getting an e-mail address. This guy's English seems kind of limited, so hopefully he understands what I'm saying. I asked him if he knew Dino and if so, does he know how I can get in touch with him. This was the guy's reply....."ciao i know dino lo vecchio if i see him i teel him ok we look for photo for passeger e crew ciao"

Not sure exactly what that means. I e-mailed back and asked for an e-mail address. I did not want to let him know why i wanted it.

Wow, you Dad worked on the original Homeric! I'll bet he has some great stories to tell. And I've never heard of the Queen Federica. Where did she sail?

We travel back to Italy often to visit family. Where does your Dad live? My husband is from Piemonte and my cousins live near Amalfi. I'm sure if your Dad could attend the reunions he would have a great time. I don't know of any guys who worked on Home Lines in the 50's. Most of the guys we know worked on the ships in the 70's and early 80's with a few from the late 60's too.

MY dad worked on the doric in 1979 as a room steward he told my mom he was from sicily italy but he also said he liked new york his name was dino vecchio

Tori.......

I FOUND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS DINO VECCHIO!!!!!!!! I am working on getting an e-mail address. This guy's English seems kind of limited, so hopefully he understands what I'm saying. I asked him if he knew Dino and if so, does he know how I can get in touch with him. This was the guy's reply....."ciao i know dino lo vecchio if i see him i teel him ok we look for photo for passeger e crew ciao"

Not sure exactly what that means. I e-mailed back and asked for an e-mail address. I did not want to let him know why i wanted it.

WOW this is sooo cool, this really means alot too me and appreciate what ever u can help me with i cant tell u enough this would be closure to me

• 4 weeks later...

I am attempting to locate a man named Daniele Burgazzoli. Daniele is from Italy and is a former employee of Home Lines Cruise Line. Daniele was a head waiter and maitre de’ on the S/S Oceanic. Daniele met my mother in 1978 aboard the S/S Oceanic. If anyone knows him or recognizes his name please contact me at TMurphy167@aol.com. I do have a photograph if needed. I sincerely appreciate any responses given. Thank you again.

I am attempting to locate a man named Daniele Burgazzoli. Daniele is from Italy and is a former employee of Home Lines Cruise Line. Daniele was a head waiter and maitre de’ on the S/S Oceanic. Daniele met my mother in 1978 aboard the S/S Oceanic. If anyone knows him or recognizes his name please contact me at TMurphy167@aol.com. I do have a photograph if needed. I sincerely appreciate any responses given. Thank you again.

If anyone...former passengers or former Home Lines crew want to be invited to the next reunion contact either Jimmy at Mulino Restaurant 914-761-1818 or Antonio at Divino Ristorante in NY at 212-861-1096. They are always searching to contact former crew or frequent passengers of Home Lines and the reunions are always lots of fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for the lead singer in a band that played on the SS Oceanic in the summer of 1969. His name is Rolando. Does anyone know who was in the band at that time? Or know where to get a list of the crew/band from that year?

Thanks,

Kevin

I just found the Oceanic"Love Boat page on Facebook. what photos. Lots of memories. I crusied in the '70s. Reading your posts brought back so many memories. Thanks so much. I remember the Donzelli Orchestra & Gabriele the lead singer. I think he is on FB too. I have to go dig out my old photos.

Thanks for the memories. Yes we Home Line Ladies are still the best.

:rolleyes:

Hi Fabrizio,

This is unbelievable...was reading an Italian newspaper online a minute ago and someone called Azzolini was mentioned. I then had the idea of googling to find out what that young, polite, and decently educated italo-american fellow I met back in 1985 was up to...

And here came this thread...

Do you remember me? Twenty year old (back then) Massimo of Genoa, from MV Atlantic, working in the printing shop... I only stayed for a six months contract.

Do you remember maybe Stefano Squarcina of Padua, Piero Dettori of Genoa, Pasquale Pisani of Mola also from the printing shop?

I do remember Furfaro the crew purser, thin guy, dark hair from Calabria I think. A nice guy. He should remember me if you don't...

I always remember that you helped me understand the lyrics of Cat Stevens 'Father and Son'. I was learning my English at the time and there was a bit we couldn't understand. It was when it goes 'you're so young, that's your fault'... it took you a while and then you had a Eureka moment which I never forgot!

Get in touch if you read this!

Massimo (Max)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Fabrizio Azzolini and I worked for Homes Lines Cruises from 1984 til the bitter end in 1988. I started out as a deck steward on the Atlantic. It was my first cruise and I was a wide eyed 20 year old kid. I had the upperdeck, it only had about 50 total deck chairs and I had to climb those stairs back and forth getting drinks for passengers. I later moved down to the "big area" by the pool. I raced up the ranks and ended up being a third purser. I loved being an officer. I served on both the Atlantic and the Homeric. I was on the Homeric until the day we handed her over to HAL. I am still in touch with some of the old crew members. One of them is a very close friend and he lives here in NJ. If you read the first few posts about Dominic Furfaro, it is his brother Giuseppe Furfaro, we were both in the purser's office, but he was a crew purser. He is a fountain of knowledge about the crew and the names. So ask away and I will get whatever information you need.

I have been coming to these boards for a long time. In fact I was even a moderator on the Princess Boards for a while. I have seen only a few posts here about Home Lines. I am so happy I found this. I hope we can keep the discussion going. I talk to many cruise travel agents who have never heard of Home Lines and it is sad.

I hope you all write soon

Edited by canerandagio

Massimo.....

Are you on Facebook? If so, Fabrizio is on there as well. There is a FB page called S/S Oceanic The Love Boat and Fabrizio just posted some pictures there the other day. Maybe you will find some others you worked with too.

The internet is wonderful, isn't it? Facebook is especially amazing!

Have fun catching up!!!

PS - your English is VERY GOOD!!! I'm guessing you are living in the US now?

Ciao Massimo..

Si sono io, Fabrizio Azzolini - I have to tell you the truth, that I do not recall trying to explain the song to you, but it has always been one of my favorite songs. Of course I remember Pasquale and Stefano..I spent much of my time going to the printing office to have mistakes corrected on those stupid Passnger Lists we used to give to all the passengers!! They were some great times!! So where are you now? What are you doing now? Look me up on facebook..even Furfaro is there and many others..try and get in touch with me and I will try to get in touch with you..looking forward to hearing from you..

Fab

• 3 weeks later...