Barefoot Beach/Nellies Beach

Grandma Gail

Could someone who has recently been on Barefoot Beach answer a question for me. We were there last November and getting into the water was extremely rocky. Is it still like that? Also, there were a lot of leaves and seaweed floating on the water. Is that still there. Was wondering if Nellies Beach is better. We want to rent a Cabana at either beach but would prefer one with less rocks. Any opinions?

I was on Nellie's beach last week. No rocks, no sea weed. There are some tiny pebbles, but nothing uncomfortable to walk on.

I have not been to Barefoot Beach since it became a suite only venue. In the past it was similar to Barefoot Beach.

Barefoot has some rocks, but isn't really rocky like Adrenaline beach is. We wear swim shoes to all the beaches because you just never know what you might step on. Leaves and seaweed floating are indicative of recent storms. It's usually pretty clear and free of debris.

I was on Nellie's beach last week. No rocks, no sea weed. There are some tiny pebbles, but nothing uncomfortable to walk on.

I have not been to Barefoot Beach since it became a suite only venue. In the past it was similar to Barefoot Beach.

Did you see the new cabanas at nellies?? How many are there ?

Seaweed and leaves are seasonal...and tidal....you can't predict when "trash" might be in the water. The rocks really don't move...so if they were a problem before, they are likely to be a problem again!

Well the powerful seas can certainly move those rocks and conditions at the beaches will depend on recent weather conditions. Anyone who lives near the ocean can attest to the fact that even large boulders can be washed ashore during a heavy surf. Water shoes are usually a good idea and better to have them and not need them than to need them and be without.

I thought Barefoot Beach was nice (a little rough but not bad) my husband

wore his crocs in the water)

FamilyCruise2011352.jpg[/img]

FamilyCruise2011357.jpg[/img]

FamilyCruise2011363.jpg[/img]

the last picture was taken with an underwater camera held just under the water line. you can see the seaweed on the bottom. I hope these helped answer your question. Happy Cruising.

Archived