Excursions at every port?

LizziePie8

Round about answer here ....

If there is an excursion that you are really excited about, take it and enjoy. Otherwise, get off the ship for a bit of time and do some sightseeing and shopping close by. Then head back to the ship and enjoy the quiet.

Depends on the port - where are you going?. Some you may want to just hang out at if there is shopping close by or a beach within walking distance. As above if there is something you must do then book it, otherwise you will be fine just exploring.

When I first started cruising I would do a excursion on virtually every stop because I thought I would never get to that port again. But sometimes it can get a little tiresome to excursions in every port. As everyone said it all depends on the cruise and what area but now I find if I take an excursion in the a.m. I make sure I have the afternoon free on the ship and do absolutely nothing.

Marilyn

We are going to:

Belize

Costa Maya

Cozumel

and Grand Cayman

We currently have excurisons planned for every port. We definately want to do the Cave Tubing in Belize and the Stringray city in Grand Cayman, but we each put the other two in different order on our priority list.

Liz

We are going to:

Belize

Costa Maya

Cozumel

and Grand Cayman

We currently have excurisons planned for every port. We definately want to do the Cave Tubing in Belize and the Stringray city in Grand Cayman, but we each put the other two in different order on our priority list.

Liz

We're doing the same ports in Nov.

I booked stingrays in Grand Cayman and Dolphins in Cozumel. I'd love to do cave tubing but dh doesn't want to carry my tube LOL not to mention my 3 dd's tubes. Excursions are pretty expensive. I know I couldnt afford one at every port. This is our first cruise so I want to take advantage of a semi-empty ship and what it offers.

~curly

Sounds like you have a plan. Be prepared that some excursions get cancelled, especially due to weather. Grand Cayman stingrays get cancelled often. So plan what you want to do. At other ports, just wing it. Get off and shop, stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet, or even book an excursion port-side if something seems interesting and the weather works well. Just have a great time!

I've been to Grand Cayman twice. Probably my best excursion ever was stingray city. If it should happen to get canceled for weather, there is loads of shopping to do close to port. But I cannot say enough good things about the stingrays. Costa Maya is worth a spot of shopping for gaudy souvenirs (the only kind I buy for my friends) and a stop for a Marguerita in a pineapple MR. Potato head glass. And then right back to the ship for R&R. (All of the above IMHO of course)

LishaD

Costa Maya coul dbe a relaxing beach day--take a taxi to Majuahaul away from the crowds at the pier. Very relaxing and it gets you off the ship for a few hours.

Nothing much happens on the hsip during port hours..but on the Miracle the capers ere full with stuff to do onthe ship while people were in Belize.

Be sure to check out the Ports of Call boards for each port to see what others recommend. We enjoyed staying on the ship in one port on our last cruise. When we went to Costa Maya, we walked around the shops a little bit and then along the seaside path in the morning but decided to go back to the ship after about 90 minutes. It was cool the day we were there.

We are going to:

Belize

Costa Maya

Cozumel

and Grand Cayman

We are doing the same ports in July. This is what we are doing:

Belize - Carnival excursion (Altun Ha/River Wallace tour)

Costa Maya - beach day - Mahahual

Cozumel - Eagle Ray Divers snorkel then Paradise Beach

Grand Cayman - Sting Ray with Capt Bryan

My thoughts are that I don't know when we'll be back to these ports. There are so many other places I'd like to visit and see, and my DH & I aren't ones to go back somewhere (unless it's Disney). So, I try ot make the most of my time at a port. But that is just my opinion.

Doing the same ports next month with the Miracle. We have planned excursions for GC (first stop--Capt Bryan) and Belize (last stop -- ruins tour with Belizecruiseexcursions). At costa Maya, maybe just stick around port, then back to boat or we might go to Mahahaul. At Coz, shopping is the plan. ;)

Hubby has never cruised and I want him to relax, not get all stressed. He picked both excursions -- I really wanted to Cave Tube.

My first cruise was a southern, with only one day at sea and a port every other day. :eek: I ran myself ragged because I thought I had to do an excursion everyday. Never again! Staying on the ship when everyone else is off is wonderful!

June

Best place to snorkel in Cozumel is Corona Beach - take your own gear, grab a taxi, and hang out. There is a nice little bar/restaurant there, and INCREDIBLE snorkeling against the reef. Tell the taxi guy what time you want him to take you back and he'll be there, but normally there are always 2-3 taxis waiting. We have snorkeled right off the beach at Grand Cayman - again with our own gear, and had the best time! Plus, the cost was right:D .

Sometimes we'll get off long enough to be able to say we've been there and find a magnet from the fridge with that port's name. (That's my souvenir for each port we visit.)

This is so funny. These are exactly the very same words I said just yesterday to my friend! I even looked to see if maybe "I" wrote it and didn't remember doing it!!! LOL

Archived