Things to do near Intercontinental

C&F

Hi,

We'll be getting into Miami for 1 day pre-cruise. We got a great rate on PL for the Intercontinental. Are there cool bars/restaurants near there in walking distance? Maybe someplace to see a live rock band? What about the hotel itself? I know it has a lounge. How is that? Sorry for so many questions.

Hi,

We'll be getting into Miami for 1 day pre-cruise. We got a great rate on PL for the Intercontinental. Are there cool bars/restaurants near there in walking distance? Maybe someplace to see a live rock band? What about the hotel itself? I know it has a lounge. How is that? Sorry for so many questions.

We plan on staying there too. Bayside Marketplace is in waling distance and there are many bars and restaurants and a fun atmosphere to get you in the mood.

We plan on staying there too. Bayside Marketplace is in waling distance and there are many bars and restaurants and a fun atmosphere to get you in the mood.

Great! Thanks so much! I also see there's a Hard Rock just outside of the park that is across from the hotel. THat's always fun!

Great! Thanks so much! I also see there's a Hard Rock just outside of the park that is across from the hotel. THat's always fun!

It's a quick walk to bayside, and the shorewalk is right there too which is nice. Tons of stuff in Bayside, hardrock, hooters, shopping, tons of restaurants and bars. They have water tours that depart from bayside as well. You can also walk into town a little and of course there are a million restaurants/bars. Sorry, cant' help you with the live music angle.

The hotel itself is awesome...great staff, nice rooms. Check out the rooftop pool/garden area, there is also a poolside restaurant/bar there. We have always been offered an upgrade to a port view room for $20-$25 which we always take....have fun!

We love staying there for a night pre-cruise and taking the nice short walk along the Bay to Bayside Marketplace as well. There's plenty to do there for a night before embarking the next day.

The IC is nice but they are also extremely expensive for food and drink. Bayside is far more reasonable.

It's a quick walk to bayside, and the shorewalk is right there too which is nice. Tons of stuff in Bayside, hardrock, hooters, shopping, tons of restaurants and bars. They have water tours that depart from bayside as well. You can also walk into town a little and of course there are a million restaurants/bars. Sorry, cant' help you with the live music angle.

The hotel itself is awesome...great staff, nice rooms. Check out the rooftop pool/garden area, there is also a poolside restaurant/bar there. We have always been offered an upgrade to a port view room for $20-$25 which we always take....have fun!

We love staying there for a night pre-cruise and taking the nice short walk along the Bay to Bayside Marketplace as well. There's plenty to do there for a night before embarking the next day.

The IC is nice but they are also extremely expensive for food and drink. Bayside is far more reasonable.

Thanks! I think I'm looking forward to the pre-night almost as much as the cruise, hahaha!!

You are right. By the time you get to the hotel you won't have that long of time. In your case, go on and head over to Bayside and relax. You might have time to pick up a water tour. If on the weekend, there is often some entertainment hanging around. Just enjoy the night. ;)

Hi,:) your flight arrives at 4:30pm? I would say Southbeach is not the

best bet then.....

If you want something else (although I do enjoy Bayside)....but

I will recommend 2 restaurants which I have been to...they are both

(in my opinion) really good:D One is within walking distance of the

hotel and the other is a quick cab ride away.

The walkable one is called Miami Chop House (no, its not Chinese;))

although I love Chinese food....

here is a link to it.....and you can walk there.

http://www.chophousemiami.com/

The other one (I have been to a few times) is called Perricone's

and here is a link to it.

http://www.perricones.com/

Just thought I would throw in a couple of other options for you.:)

Thanks for the suggestions! I was originally bidding for South Beach hotels, but got no bites. I then figured, we don't have much time, so might as well go near the pier and relax and enjoy.

Bayside is great...besides the Hard Rock, a ton of other restuarnts and bars, we were there a few weeks ago and there were bands playing in the open...alot of dancing in the streets with a Cuban/Hispanic flair...

the IC is great but things there are pricy.... you ought to check and see how much the cost of a room with the harbor view (which is great on a high floor)..otherwise you will be looking at the backs of other downtown buildings...

IC did have good happy hour prices at the lobby bar, however....

Bayside is great...besides the Hard Rock, a ton of other restuarnts and bars, we were there a few weeks ago and there were bands playing in the open...alot of dancing in the streets with a Cuban/Hispanic flair...

the IC is great but things there are pricy.... you ought to check and see how much the cost of a room with the harbor view (which is great on a high floor)..otherwise you will be looking at the backs of other downtown buildings...

IC did have good happy hour prices at the lobby bar, however....

We'll probably do Happy Hour at the IC and then head to Bayside. How much do the water tours go for?

I am coming from UK & staying at Intercontinental Doral....is this the same hotel you are talking about . IC Doral seems to be very near airport and about 30mins drive from South beach....

I am coming from UK & staying at Intercontinental Doral....is this the same hotel you are talking about . IC Doral seems to be very near airport and about 30mins drive from South beach....

Hi Hellie, the Intercontinental we are referring to is in Downtown Miami.

Doral is west, closer to the Airpot. These would be 2 different properties.

Doral looks lovely though:) you are on 87th Ave....the one downtown

is on 2nd, right near Biscayne Blvd.

Thanks Lois I thought as much I've just posted a new thread see if I can sound out some info about where we are staying . My 1st time in Miami ..should we splash out on cab($30 e/w) to SUBO do some people watching & eat there in early evening?

Helen

1st time in Miami and only arrive at 3.30 where should we head for for a taste of Miami ..feel we should visit South Beach...just to say we've been but Bayside sound lively....could we do both Happy to stay out into evenig once we arrive, going to fight jet lag!!!

1st time in Miami and only arrive at 3.30 where should we head for for a taste of Miami ..feel we should visit South Beach...just to say we've been but Bayside sound lively....could we do both Happy to stay out into evenig once we arrive, going to fight jet lag!!!

Hi Hellie:) if you want to make sure you stay awake? Your body clock

is going to be 5 hours ahead anyway....if you arrive at 3:30, your

body clock will still feel like it is 8:30.....I know England is ahead of us

in time. (Unless I am getting my jet lag information mixed up).

You could do a few things yes.....by the time you get your bags and

check in the hotel? Say 45 minutes.......(give or take a few).

If you have never been to Southbeach? Yes, that can be fun:)

Or just stay in the area and walk around Bayside (still have to

drive there) and have dinner.....by the time you finish dinner, I am

guessing you will really want to hit the pillow;)

yes your right about 5 hours ahead of Florida but find jet lag not so bad coming to USA its going back home that throws you out of kilter.....

I guess we will stick to our original plans to get cab or hotel shuttle & airport bus to SOBE and have a walk , drink & evening meal then back to hotel

thanks again for input..

Archived