2/11/2012 MS Eurodam Sail-Away

aliaschief

sure hope they will zoom on us in 20 days. There will be 8 of us with 2 big Canadian flags:D:D (and maybe a drink or two:))

Be sure to remind us before you go ----I'll be watching for you. Will you be on your balcony or on the back deck?

See you all real soon for another Dam Sail-Away Party Live here on wonderful Cruise Critic.

I have been hooked on the sailaways since aliaschief posted the website last year. I sailed on the Rotterdam transatlantic last year and watched the Rotterdam go out of Ft Lauderdale for a month or 2 before our cruise. I look forward to watching all the ships go out but especially the HAL ships. The new cam is fantastic, so clear and I love watching the ships turn and head out of the channel. Thanks you for posting the new link and I now have them in my favorites. Happy Sailing!

Be sure to remind us before you go ----I'll be watching for you. Will you be on your balcony or on the back deck?

Right now we plan to be on our balcony - There will be 8 Canadians crowded on there with two Canadian flags :D:D If you think there is a better place, let me know. But we have already arranged to have the appropriate drinks for our new cc friends in our room:)

Pretty sure we will be on the balcony. From what I have seen it looks like the focus is on port side - so everyone will come to our room - if I'm wrong, I have a friend on starboard and they could be in for a surprise :p

Just shovelled to make a path out back for the dogs (especially the munchkin) - but I have a feeling we wasted our time:eek:

MSC Poesia is one beautiful ship. I have to hand it to MSC- Lirica was drop dead gorgeous and absolutely spotless. Service? Not so much...:o

My sister sailed on MSC and after hearing all my ravings decided to try HAL.

she sailed on the Eurodam (I was kind of concerned because of the size of the ship but......) no question in her mind - the Eurodam beat MSC and the other lines she had been on hands down. She and her dh & children had a fabulous time:)

My 13 year old son is a compulsive webcam viewer (ports! Not, you know...:eek:) and he had them all fired up this morning when he was playing his video games... He asked me "wonder who the guy is who does the Pt. Everglades webcam? Do people pay him?". Lo and behold I see you all watching away and... Is it possible the "webcam guy" is one of us? My kid takes screen shots of the ships and emails them to me all the time.

So who is it? And thank you to him!

My 13 year old son is a compulsive webcam viewer (ports! Not, you know...:eek:) and he had them all fired up this morning when he was playing his video games... He asked me "wonder who the guy is who does the Pt. Everglades webcam? Do people pay him?". Lo and behold I see you all watching away and... Is it possible the "webcam guy" is one of us? My kid takes screen shots of the ships and emails them to me all the time.

So who is it? And thank you to him!

How do you take a screen shot? I have been looking for a way but it escapes me.

I know you can press command/shift/3 on a Mac. I am staring at my iPad trying to remember how to do it on this detestable machine (forget about the 2-in-1 camera option on the bottom of the webcam, for example, "iDevices not supported" AS USUAL for the iPad). For windows.... Here:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm. See if that doesn't make your eyes glaze over immediately :rolleyes:.

Actually, on the Port Everglades Face Book page the other day the site mentioned that bandwidth was exceeded and were warning Facebook members that they would be banned from the site if they continued to take still pictures.

The day that happend we all had a problem viewing the site. I'm not really aware of how this all happens but don't want to ruin a good thing.

Actually, on the Port Everglades Face Book page the other day the site mentioned that bandwidth was exceeded and were warning Facebook members that they would be banned from the site if they continued to take still pictures.

The day that happend we all had a problem viewing the site. I'm not really aware of how this all happens but don't want to ruin a good thing.

Aw shucks:( No pics for us obviously when we're on:(

Well this was a first-time experience for me today and I LOVE it. We were waiting to go into a movie so I was watching earlier on my iPhone. I only got to see Grand and Crown going out before we had to go in...but I think this might be my newest indulgence.

Thank you all for the information to do this!!

I can't wait...you'll all be looking at us on Eurodam in two weeks!!

:) :)

So beautiful at this time of the evening....

I know! I love it when there aren't any lightbulbs missing out of the string. NCL always has many bulbs out- weird pet peeve of mine:o. MSC Lirica had three years of 100% CDC scores and seriously, the ship gleamed. I would rather sail HAL- check that- I would rather sail an old NCL ship during spring break than sail MSC again- but she was a clean, beautiful ship.

Well this was a first-time experience for me today and I LOVE it. We were waiting to go into a movie so I was watching earlier on my iPhone. I only got to see Grand and Crown going out before we had to go in...but I think this might be my newest indulgence.

Thank you all for the information to do this!!

I can't wait...you'll all be looking at us on Eurodam in two weeks!!

:) :)

We'll all be watching:D:D

Aw shucks:( No pics for us obviously when we're on:(

You could always purchase one from Dave and Lou's web site. We should all give them more support for the wonderful free entertainment they give us.

The hand held photo cameras reportedly are clearer and closer shots than the webcam videos.

No, I have no affiliations or privileges from the Port Everglades Webcam site. !:D

Just to clarify... we have no problem with you taking screenshots for your own personal use. We do have a problem with them being used in any commercial context including the support of other business or fan pages on Facebook. We also prefer people don't spam multiple screenshots on our FB pages. If you collect a lot, make a gallery of your own and then post a link to it. Posting screenshots on CC is also okay.

Taking screenshots has no impact whatsoever on our bandwidth or viewer limits.

However... launching multiple browser windows for all our webcams (say in multiple browser tabs) and then watching just one does waste bandwidth and will have an impact on everyone's quality/enjoyment at peak weekend sailaway times.

Please help us to help you by restricting your number of video players (ideally to one) during those peak times.

We have recently added "channel surfing" buttons (|< and >|) to our Port Everglades and Ft Lauderdale Webcam sites for just that purpose. Makes it easy for everyone to jump back and forth between the views.

The 2-in-1 Preview popup also makes it easier to monitor multiple cams without running the much more bandwidth intensive HDTV viewers.

Many thanks for everyones continued support and kind words.

These webcams are kinda fun, huh... !!! :)

Regards,

David

"One of those webcam guys!"

Just to clarify... we have no problem with you taking screenshots for your own personal use. We do have a problem with them being used in any commercial context including the support of other business or fan pages on Facebook. We also prefer people don't spam multiple screenshots on our FB pages. If you collect a lot, make a gallery of your own and then post a link to it. Posting screenshots on CC is also okay.

However... launching multiple browser windows for all our webcams (say in multiple browser tabs) and then watching just one does waste bandwidth and will have an impact on everyone's quality/enjoyment at peak weekend sailaway times.

Please help us to help you by restricting your number of video players (ideally to one) during those peak times.

We have recently added "channel surfing" buttons (|< and >|) to our Port Everglades and Ft Lauderdale Webcam sites for just that purpose. Makes it easy for everyone to jump back and forth between the views.

The 2-in-1 Preview popup also makes it easier to monitor multiple cams without running the much more bandwidth intensive HDTV viewers.

Regards,

David

David,

Thank You!!! Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!

As I think you know I used to take snap shots of the HAL ships and post them on one of these Sail Away threads (usually only 4-6) but when Chief pointed out the FB post and I read it also, I thought I should not take them and post them anymore as I did not want to violate you and your policies.

It is good to know that we can take them and post them here or our own gallery for our friends and family to also see:D

Thank you so much for clarifying this for us all!!

You guys ROCK!!!!

To take a snap shot of the sail away on a PC:

1. Wait until you are sure of the shot you want (camera not moving) and press both ALT and PrtScr Sys Rq Keys at the same time.

2. Paste the snap shot into a Paint program and save it as whatever image form is acceptable to CC or the program you are using for your gallery. (for me I export as a .jpg format since I use PaintShop Pro as my paint program)

Voila, you now have a snap shot of what you have seen during the sail away:)

PS: David.... KINDA FUN???? NOT!!!!!!:) They are so addicting!!! But LOVE THEM!!!

Joanie

Regards,

David

David, Thanks for the clarification and for the "kinda fun." Great site.

I know you can press command/shift/3 on a Mac. I am staring at my iPad trying to remember how to do it on this detestable machine (forget about the 2-in-1 camera option on the bottom of the webcam, for example, "iDevices not supported" AS USUAL for the iPad). For windows.... Here:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm. See if that doesn't make your eyes glaze over immediately :rolleyes:.

Works like a charm---thanks for the link.

Archived