Single Booking Question attn: FireFly

PaulMedik

We have a cabin booked as single for our upcoming cruise. It's a cabin of convenience; the cabins we wanted only hold two each and there's five of us so we booked a single just so all five of us could board the ship. We've had to do this before, but this time we booked late as in after ES ended. :o

Anyhow, I habitually check Fareviewer for price drops even though we aren't eligible. There's a $300 lower fare available now for our single booking, but we can't change to it as a single, but if we were to add a person then it would become a new booking at the current rate? If so we can add a person and get $300 OBC? (Really just $204 since taxes would be $96 for the second person. We have offered the room to our boy's baby sitter, but not as a working vacation; she babysat each of our three sons from birth until their teens and our youngest still spends quite a bit of time with her.

My question is; Can we add her as second and rebook at the lower rate? Can we not also add her even if she opts to no go just to get the lower rate?

And specifically for FireFly; have you explored this option before? I know you tend to cruise solo frequently. Also can you email me? I think I had your email address at one time, but I can't locate it.

Paul, Firefly's email address is in her public profile, if you'd like to contact her that way :)

Soccersharon,

TYVM!

I searched thousands of posts and just about wore the search funtion on my email out looking for it; and I won't even say how long or how many times I've looked for it....:o

I cant imagine a fare where they would not let you price match as a single??

Since you pay for 2 anyway, always 200%, Ive price matched to every fare imaginable.

What fare is it they tell you you cant price match to?? That does not sound correct to me.

I price out as 2, and price match .. you dont need two in the cabin, just look at regular rates, since you pay for 2, price match for 2.

firefly333@yahoo.com

In my profile and anyone can email me. Im not a TA so I can say that. I have no axe to grind.

curious- why would you book 4 in a cabin and only 1 in a single-

what would the price difference be two add another person in with that single supplement instead of taking the 4th person price?

what would the price difference be two add another person in with that single supplement instead of taking the 4th person price?

I think Paul was saying they have booked three cabins: 2 cabins with 2 pax and a single cabin with single pax. At least, that's how I interpreted his description of the situation.

Soccersharon,

TYVM!

I searched thousands of posts and just about wore the search funtion on my email out looking for it; and I won't even say how long or how many times I've looked for it....:o

You're welcome :0) I see Fire has responded below. Hope everything works out for you.

Have a great time on the Liberty!

I cant imagine a fare where they would not let you price match as a single??

Since you pay for 2 anyway, always 200%, Ive price matched to every fare imaginable.

What fare is it they tell you you cant price match to?? That does not sound correct to me.

I price out as 2, and price match .. you dont need two in the cabin, just look at regular rates, since you pay for 2, price match for 2.

firefly333@yahoo.com

In my profile and anyone can email me. Im not a TA so I can say that. I have no axe to grind.

Paul can't price match if he is talking about his Liberty cruise since it's only 55 days away and he's non ES, right?

I know you have sigs turned off so probably didn't see that.:)

Bill

Paul can't price match if he is talking about his Liberty cruise since it's only 55 days away and he's non ES, right?

Bill

OK, as I said I wasnt clear what the question was to be honest. Maybe he can clarify.

Bill

I was thinking that too. I'd also think he's in the penalty period and wouldn't be able to "rebook" without cancellation penalties.....

I too am not sure what the answer is, it's a bit confusing. If the cabin is booked with a solo, the rate is double. right? Probably paid for, right? So, add the second name for $50 plus added fees. Is the $300 reduction for each ticket or total for 2? Might be able to get on board credits.

I too am not sure what the answer is, it's a bit confusing. If the cabin is booked with a solo, the rate is double. right? Probably paid for, right? So, add the second name for $50 plus added fees. Is the $300 reduction for each ticket or total for 2? Might be able to get on board credits.

Only if es or if not es has to be before final payment which doesnt seem to be the case.

Bill

You're welcome :0) I see Fire has responded below. Hope everything works out for you.

Have a great time on the Liberty!

soccersharon,

However it works out, I'm sure we'll have a great time. :)

Bill

Bill,

That's right; no Early Saver and it's in the penalty time frame.

RuthlessBoss,

Yes the rate for single is the same as for two passengers minus one set of taxes and it's paid in full.

The rate we paid is $300 more than the current rate. What I'm hoping is that I can add a second person at the current rate; since they normally require a new booking at whatever the current rate is, I'm hoping that's what they do this time. Prices are normally higher when they require that, but in this case the price is less. ;) The $300 reduction is total booking cost; not per passenger.

FireFly,

We are in the penalty phase ~54 days out. The cabin is booked as a single. If we add one passenger they will require it to be a new booking at the current rate correct? I know I've read about other's experiences with adding someone and they always have to pay whatever the current rate is and it's always higher which is why we read about it here.

I think Paul was saying they have booked three cabins: 2 cabins with 2 pax and a single cabin with single pax. At least, that's how I interpreted his description of the situation.

joepeka,

You are right and I'm glad I didn't confuse everyone. Most perhaps, but at least not all. :D

serene56,

That scenario might sound silly, but I almost booked Paradise that way; the 3rd and 4th passenger rate for Cat 12 suites was close to what a single rate was for the across the hall interior cabins so I seriously considered booking that way just for an extra place for sleeping.

Joepeka is right though; our booking is two balcony cabins for two pax and one across the hall interior for one passenger, but it sleeps two. Deck 7 aft wraps and the rooms beside them only sleep two and we would need one with three for it to work. We were VERY lucky to catch an aft wrap open when we did; as you know they normally book first and usually over a year out.

Similar situation just happened to us.....we added 2nd passenger....rate was NOT changed, they merely added the taxes/fees for 2nd pax (you've already paid cruise fare for 2 - that rate won't change) to the existing booking. They aren't going to reduce a fare past final payment that is not an ES fare...you'll just pay the additional taxes/fees for 2nd passenger and add name to cabin booking.

Similar situation just happened to us.....we added 2nd passenger....rate was NOT changed, they merely added the taxes/fees for 2nd pax (you've already paid cruise fare for 2 - that rate won't change) to the existing booking. They aren't going to reduce a fare past final payment that is not an ES fare...you'll just pay the additional taxes/fees for 2nd passenger and add name to cabin booking.

I see it the same as you. The cabin has already been paid for 2 even though only 1 is scheduled to be in it. I have done this as a solo, but added 2nd passenger close to sailing with just added fees.

Archived