What was your least favourite food on Celebrity?

flagger

Sorry- I actually liked the chocolate chip cookies. Feel free to say I have bad taste. As has been said in different threads, a lot of Celebrity's sweets are prepared European style and not sweet garbage like most people eat in North America. The cookies were very light and the taste wasn't overpowering; I enjoyed them.

I agree that the pizza was crap, though. I love pizza but I just couldn't eat it. I enjoyed everything else I ordered except the consomme.

I didn't like the Caesar salad in Oceanliners. Using hard boiled eggs instead of raw eggs wasn't great. I understand their reasons, so I won't ever order it again. The burgers out by the pool are the pits. The only good one I had was when I asked to wait until one was finishing cooking. I don't like well done beef at all, and I know they have to cook them like that, but then they sit and dry out even more. Yuk.

Katie

Hi, I can't comment on any of the room service items, I've never ordered them but I just love the steak done to medium with the chimi-chuli sauce (chopped up parsley, garlic & oil)...to die for, in my opinion. I can't say that I've had a meal that I couldn't eat but I never order anything fish. I don't care for fish when I'm at home either, unless it's english style with lots of greasy batter. I've tried the frogs' legs, although it wasn't my choice. Our waiter Juan decided one evening that since I had only ordered the cold soup & the entree, there wasn't enough to eat for me. He served everyone else their appetizer and then he placed a small plate in front of me with the frog legs on it. I started to protest but decided that it wasn't worth the fuss of embarassing everyone else at my table, so I called on my training in fine dining & etiquette 101, behaved like a lady & snarfed 'em down...just like chicken. Truly they were fine, but the others at the table were making "ribbit" noises with every bite I took. No one else would try them, the waiter stood back grinning & we all had a good laugh. I don't suppose I'd order them but at least I know I can eat 'em.
Buffets aren't for everyone but I truly enjoy them. I like my salad, buns, cold meats, a bit of pasta or soup. I can pick & choose what I want & if I don't like it, I don't take it. The fruit buffet in the morning is excellent for me since I don't care for eggs & bacon ... I probably only eat 6 eggs for breakfast in a year, if that. I much prefer fruit, cereal, etc.
When you take into consideration that they have 2000 passengers on a ship, all wanting to be fed on demand plus food for all the crew, I think the ships do an extremely fine job on their menus, food prep and service. It's amazing to watch the waiters carry those huge trays, mostly balanced on one hand. They must weigh upwards of 40 lbs when you consider the plates and the warming dishes they come in. Almost every waiter carries about 16 or more servings at a time.

Two things I really liked on our recent cruise... I really loved the tossed pasta station. It was really great, but ended up going there to close to dinner.

Eggs benedict delevired in our room for breakfast. That was great!!

I always bring our own little coffee pot because coffee stinks on every ship we have ever sailed. I was so surprised with the room service coffee, it was quite good, and ended up not using our coffee pot.

I got brave and tried the frogs legs and I'm glad I did....they really do "taste like chicken". Actually trying unfamiliar foods is one of the things that I like about cruising since you can have something else if you don't like it. The first time that I tried escargot, lamb, cold soups was on a ship.

We did not care for most of the fish dishes on our recent Summit cruise, finding them mostly tasteless. My 2 large lobster tails were very good however.

Al

Thanks God I finaly lost those 5-7 lbs I gained eating all that bad food.;)

I didn't care much about buffets (lunch).. except for couple of days it wasn't great. Loved lunch buffet on Zuiderdam HAL much better.

[quote name='Ericknow32'][size=2]While I was onboard the Summit they offered frog legs. I did not try them but now I wish I had. Can someone who has tried them tell me if they found them enjoyable?

[/size][/QUOTE]

My son (15 yo) loves the frog legs. He got his cousin also 15 yo to try them on Mercury last week. He love them too. I have not tried them yet, but I finally did try the escargot.

The only meal I've ever had that I didn't like was a stuff pork loin on Millennium in 2002. It was dry and the stuffing was not good at all.

Annne Maria

[quote name='Tatka']Thanks God I finaly lost those 5-7 lbs I gained eating all that bad food.;)

I didn't care much about buffets (lunch).. except for couple of days it wasn't great. Loved lunch buffet on Zuiderdam HAL much better.[/QUOTE]

You lost your weight already?!?!?!? I hate you (j/k). I think I've gained weight since I got home. I'm always hungry!!!

Anne Maria

[quote name='smoothdancer']Two things I really liked on our recent cruise... I really loved the tossed pasta station. It was really great, but ended up going there to close to dinner.

Eggs benedict delevired in our room for breakfast. That was great!!

I always bring our own little coffee pot because coffee stinks on every ship we have ever sailed. I was so surprised with the room service coffee, it was quite good, and ended up not using our coffee pot.[/QUOTE]

Janet, Oh that pasta station, did it smell so good with all that garlic. An Italian's dream!!! Just the smell alone and I gained weight.

The coffee on Celebrity is not that bad. The dinner coffee served in the restaurant is better than the breakfast coffee, why they just don't use the dinner blend all the time I will never know.

Anne Maria

Archived