NCL Sun Minisuite Bathtubs

buckirj1

I've read nothing but good things about the Sun's minisuites. However, anybody who's ever read my posts knows that I'm annoyingly persnickety about bathroom layout.

So...how high are the sides of the bathtubs? The only minisuite I've ever had was on the NCL Crown. Those tubs had high sides, but weren't too hard getting into because the floor of the tub was also high. Getting out was difficult because it was such a long step down. Are the tubs on the Sun about the same?

For non-suite cabins on the Sun, the showers are much smaller than the ones on the Jewel/Gem/Pearl, aren't they?

Can't answer your question about the tub in the mini suites, but you are correct about the regular stateroom showers. Rather than being rectilinear and glass enclosed, the showers on Sun are round with a third or so of the shower open to the toilet except when you pull the circular shower curtain. Definitely not as nice BUT even for this six foot seven, three hundred something pound guy, it isn't an impossible layout.

I've read nothing but good things about the Sun's minisuites. However, anybody who's ever read my posts knows that I'm annoyingly persnickety about bathroom layout.

So...how high are the sides of the bathtubs? The only minisuite I've ever had was on the NCL Crown. Those tubs had high sides, but weren't too hard getting into because the floor of the tub was also high. Getting out was difficult because it was such a long step down. Are the tubs on the Sun about the same?

For non-suite cabins on the Sun, the showers are much smaller than the ones on the Jewel/Gem/Pearl, aren't they?

I'd say it is a pretty good lift of the legs to get into it and I'm pretty tall. The tub from what I remember was not that large overall and kind of had sloped sides all around. When I was in it with the shower curtain there wasn't much room to move around without hitting the curtain. It also had a clothesline.

Other than that, the bathroom and dressing area are really big with a separate enclosed toilet area.

Archived