Concierge lounge

drmomsc

That's not really an answer set in stone. On this last Voyager cruise not everyone on formal night were in the lounge in formal dress.

this is what was sent to me prior to the cruise:

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Royal Suite, Owner’s Suites, Grand Suites and Royal Family Suites. We also extend the Concierge Service to our Pinnacle Club & Diamond Plus members. Please keep in mind the access to the Concierge lounge is an exclusive service not to be shared with anybody who is not in a Suite, Pinnacle Club or Diamond Plus Member. The Concierge Club is accessible with your Gold SeaPass card on a 24-hour basis. The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Trust me, not everyone was dressed smart casual every night either. Dressed neatly yes, smart casual-no way!!

On Freedom recently, there were men in shorts almost every night in the Concierge Lounge during cocktail hour. There were also children at that same time. I thought I read somewhere, that when cocktails are being served, guests must be 18 or over, but these rules were not enforced.

I guess it is quite difficult to enforce all the rules. Some passengers might not take kindly to being told their attire is inappropriate or their children are not welcome. I, myself, would be hard pressed to ask a family who booked one of the largest, costliest suites or were Pinnacle Class to please change their clothes and not bring their children. If no one is making an issue of the matter, I'd just let it slip by.

On a recent cruise, many guests would be in the lounge in shorts during cocktails, and then go back to their cabin and change for dinner. Sometimes, you don't want to be ready for the evening by 5pm, but you are ready for a cocktail. As long as they weren't in swimwear, for example, the concierge did not have a problem with it. We even asked if shorts were okay, and were told absolutely, as long as they weren't full of holes or other innappropriate condition. Some people even want to just have a casual Windjammer dinner on certain evenings, where shorts are perfectly acceptable, but want a cocktail in the lounge first. In other words, it's probably up to the concierge, but ours had no problem with it.

On Freedom recently, there were men in shorts almost every night in the Concierge Lounge during cocktail hour. There were also children at that same time. I thought I read somewhere, that when cocktails are being served, guests must be 18 or over, but these rules were not enforced.

I guess it is quite difficult to enforce all the rules. Some passengers might not take kindly to being told their attire is inappropriate or their children are not welcome. I, myself, would be hard pressed to ask a family who booked one of the largest, costliest suites or were Pinnacle Class to please change their clothes and not bring their children. If no one is making an issue of the matter, I'd just let it slip by.

New RCI policy is that in the CL children are allowed during the cocktail hours...However the DL allows no children under 18 during their cocktail hours...We have seen a person dressed in shorts on formal nights in the CL be asked to go put on long pants, not so in the DL..as we have observed...

Archived