QE 'Logical Voyage'.

RobertGraves

I noticed today that Queen Elizabeth's 2013 World Voyage (actually to Pacific/New Zealand through the Panama Canal and back) is called the 'Logical Voyage'.

I apologize if my knowledge of English fails me and I am missing something obvious, but can someone please explain why it is called so?

Thank you in advance.

I noticed today that Queen Elizabeth's 2013 World Voyage (actually to Pacific/New Zealand through the Panama Canal and back) is called the 'Logical Voyage'.

I apologize if my knowledge of English fails me and I am missing something obvious, but can someone please explain why it is called so?

Thank you in advance.

Perhaps Leonard Nimoy is a guest speaker! I just hope that they don't have problems with their dilithium crystals.

The QM2 and Queen Victoria are scheduled for the full World cruises. I can't begin to guess why the QE is scheduled as it is.

It seems Cunard is wisely trying to differentiate its world voyages. From the three 2013 ones, only Queen Victoria's cruise is a full circumnavigation of the globe. QM2 is too wide to cross the Panama Canal and the alternative itinerary around South America has been abandoned since 2009, so she conveniently crosses the Indian Ocean instead.

Interestingly here, Azura's World voyage, which followed a somewhat similar itinerary, was cancelled by P&O. Perhaps it is too early for each cruise line to offer three world voyages every year.

QE's 'Logical Voyage' to the Pacific and back offers a third option. It has many merits and it is segmented into attractive intermediate legs. I would only want more Southern Pacific islands to be included (but I have already found my perfect itinerary there, so no complain).

In any case, surprisingly it seems so far that nobody in this knowledgeable forum knows why it is called 'Logical Voyage'. A rare instance, indeed.:)

While we are talking about "World Voyages" - yesterday we got an EXTREMELY attractive set of offers from P&O for their Word Cruises in 2013. These WC's seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper every year. I thought at the time that the ones we did with P&O in 2010/2011 were such a great deal that I fell over myself booking them - but they were 25% dearer than the ones yesterday - oh, why am I surrounded by such temptation??? But - our currency AUD has strengthened considerably since then.

Barry

I thought at the time that the ones we did with P&O in 2010/2011 were such a great deal that I fell over myself booking them - but they were 25% dearer than the ones yesterday - oh, why am I surrounded by such temptation??? But - our currency AUD has strengthened considerably since then.

Barry

In a more historical approach, I was looking at some 1995-6 brochures the other day and it was remarkable how fares have got cheaper really since, while better ships and more amenities are provided now in many instances.

PS. I have the impression that we were both on board Oriana in her 2010 World Cruise, but I had not the pleasure to meet you. Great deal, I agree. Even if I have to pay in Euros.:D

Archived