Hotels in Fort Lauderdale?

samlomax

There are lots of good choices, but from Spring Break to early May they can fill up fast, I recommend doing so soon. On my only stay there all of the top choices were booked and I ended up at the Rodeway Inn Dania Beach. It was good enough for one night (1/2 the cost of the most popular ones) and it had a free shuttle that took about 15 minutes to get to the port.

We've stayed a couple of times at the Springhill Suites:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/flldb-springhill-suites-fort-lauderdale-airport-and-cruise-port/

Free shuttle from the airport, free shuttle to the ship...

Free breakfast...

Nice, "newer" hotel...Big shopping center across the street with lots of restaurants...

For the shuttle, make a "reservation" with the front desk when you check in...There are usually a LOT of cruisers staying here...

Our preferred hotel in Fort Lauderdale is Embassy Suites on SE17th

If you are sailing on Freedom, which leaves from Cape Canaveral, our preferred hotel is Residence Inn by Marriot (all suites, relatively new, full breakfast included). Country Inn and Suites is another excellent alternative.

Both hotels offer a shuttle to the pier for a small fee.

I will also echo that we stay every year at the Embassy Suites on 17th. It is just a couple of blocks from the cruise port. And, right across the street is a Chuck's Steakhouse that we think is wonderful. I know everyone has a different opinion about various hotels, but we have found the Embassy Suites to have plenty of room with their 2-room suites, the free happy hour, and being convenient to everything and the short 5-minute drive by cab to the cruise port. I think they do have a free shuttle to the ship, but taking our own cab is so much faster, avoiding the tons of people that are at the hotel waiting to get on the shuttle, or even RCCL's own buses, if someone does transfers through them.

Hope this helps

You need to clarify your next cruise. If you are sailing on Freedom, you do not want to go to Fort Lauderdale.:eek:

I wondered about that, it sent me to RC's site to see if Freedom was moving to Port Everglades, which I would love.

Hampton Inn- FLL Airport North Cruise Port.

Free shuttle from airport

Free shuttle to cruise ship

$8 ride from port to airport after cruise

This is where we stay. Free breakfast too and we find the staff very helpful and friendly. Liquor store and a dollar store across the street for last minute items.

Based on your countdown clock, it looks like your next cruise is on the Freedom, and I've always taken that cruise from Port Canaveral, did I miss something?

Yeah sorry i meant the next cruise i'm trying to organise lol. This years is sorted so i am now looking at next years that is booked.

Sami:o

Yeah sorry i meant the next cruise i'm trying to organise lol. This years is sorted so i am now looking at next years that is booked.

Sami:o

If going out of Fort Lauderdale, the Hilton is a good choice. We stayed there last year and were on the top floor, port side. We woke up and stepped out onto the balcony and enjoyed the lovely views of the Oasis herself! She was a beauty to see first thing in the morning.

If going out of Fort Lauderdale, the Hilton is a good choice. We stayed there last year and were on the top floor, port side. We woke up and stepped out onto the balcony and enjoyed the lovely views of the Oasis herself! She was a beauty to see first thing in the morning.

Here is another vote for the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. We like being right on the intercoastal. The water taxi is right there also. It is right across from Port Everglades. We used to stay at Embassy Suites on 17th and that is a good choice too.

• 4 months later...
Ms. Sailor

17 of your 18 last posts involve Hampton Inn. Makes me wonder....

We too only stay at Hampton Inn's. Hilton honors is great and you basically know what you are getting when you see the Hampton Inn brand.

I doubt Sailor is a Hampton Inn owner....

We've also stayed atHampton Inn blue lagoon, Hilton Miami downtown and next up in October Hampton Inn north cruise port in FLL.

I always recommend HI.

Archived