"Wine Package"

Commesso

Saw a reference to a "Beer and of Wine Package" in a recent brochure.

Anyone have details or experienced this option. (particularly the Wine Package).

Interested in info on quality and variety of the wine, cost, and practical considerations as to value !.

Saw a reference to a "Beer and of Wine Package" in a recent brochure.

Anyone have details or experienced this option. (particularly the Wine Package).

Interested in info on quality and variety of the wine, cost, and practical considerations as to value !.

Would that be on a combined basis or ad hoc? :p

I am looking at the Regatta for Sout America 2013 sailings. On the website under dining options/ Beverage packages there are 2 options listed.

HOUSE SELECT $29.95

Select Wine & Beer

Meals Only

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This package includes beer and a selection of wines during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95

Select Wine, Beer & Spirits

plus Open Bar

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This package includes beer, a selection of wines, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any time at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

I don't think I've ever seen the response to a question asked by a poster above. Are the wines in either or both packages available by the bottle or only by the glass? With the premium package can you order a bottle through room service?

I agree. I have asked similar questions. I would like to know if I will be able to get the wine I want (Chianti) with the package. No one seems to know what wines are included. I think I saw on a wine list that it's 11.00 or 11.50 a glass. I only drink red wine and can easily drink $50 worth when you add gratuity and figure on 1 or 2 before dinner, dinner and then after. I would really like to know what wines are included...champagne, prosecco, cava???

I don't think I've ever seen the response to a question asked by a poster above. Are the wines in either or both packages available by the bottle or only by the glass? With the premium package can you order a bottle through room service?

I just added the $49.95 package to my upcoming cruise on Marina and asked the same question to the Oceania Agent before selecting it. I was told that outside of La Reserve the wines are the same throughout the ship and the ONLY way you can order these wines in bars, dining room, specialty restaurants, and room service is by the "glass". Hope this helps.

1st I have not cruised Oceania yet.. . . .

but the Oceania's website has the wine-list available and there are certainly many, many, many; ) wines priced by the bottle. DH and I am already checking the list out! (100's) from

Domaine de la Bergerie Le Chant du Bois, Anjou Villages, Loire Valley, France 2007 $25.00

to

Château Pétrus Pomerol, Bordeaux, France 1997 $2,000.00

You can certainly purchase wine by the bottle in the restaurants!

A prior post seems to suggest you can not.

As to the wine package having wine available by the bottle we must wait for someone more knowledgeable to inform us.

Jancruz, Mura, JimandStan ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

This is the wine-list for Jacques link

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/menus/oclass/jacques/Wine-List-Insert-Jacques.pdf

I hope this helps, have a wonderful cruise

I just added the $49.95 package to my upcoming cruise on Marina and asked the same question to the Oceania Agent before selecting it. I was told that outside of La Reserve the wines are the same throughout the ship and the ONLY way you can order these wines in bars, dining room, specialty restaurants, and room service is by the "glass". Hope this helps.

Makes sense if the packages are pp ....I know some may be able to drink a bottle on their own but maybe this is to keep people from sharing bottles of wine under the package prices...just my thought

You can always purchase a bottle in the dining venues & have leftovers follow you for the next day if you choose

Lyn

I think for $100 a day for two people you should be able to get a bottle in your cabin if you want one.

So this begs another question. If you want wine in your cabin can you only order one glass at a time or can you order two or three so that you won't constantly have to wait for room service to deliver?

1st I have not cruised Oceania yet.. . . .

but the Oceania's website has the wine-list available and there are certainly many, many, many; ) wines priced by the bottle. DH and I am already checking the list out! (100's) from

Domaine de la Bergerie Le Chant du Bois, Anjou Villages, Loire Valley, France 2007 $25.00

to

Château Pétrus Pomerol, Bordeaux, France 1997 $2,000.00

You can certainly purchase wine by the bottle in the restaurants!

A prior post seems to suggest you can not.

As to the wine package having wine available by the bottle we must wait for someone more knowledgeable to inform us.

Jancruz, Mura, JimandStan ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

This is the wine-list for Jacques link

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/menus/oclass/jacques/Wine-List-Insert-Jacques.pdf

I hope this helps, have a wonderful cruise

Thank you, this is most helpful !

Archived