Post-Cruise Flight from YVR

Ut, thanks for the update, I would rather suspect that the crowds generated by the marathon will likely put extra pressure on transit and the Canada Line in and out of the downtown core, wonder if they will operate extra trains or operate the reduced weekend sked?

Translink always operate extra service for special events, I see no reason to think they wouldn't for the marathon/fun run

Have read above posts, does anyone have first hand recent experience geting from the Port, (either one) to Airport to make an 11:45am flight to US. We will have priority disembarkation, it will be on a Sunday morning, May 6, 2012. (8:00am supposed depart time). We are on Alaska Air, this flight would be soo convenient for us but do not know how long it takes getting through US I&C? Can you get the forms ahead of time, if so from where, if not, is there an area to fill out forms instead of trying to do so with them in hand? think I can get an extra customs form from the Ship.

any helpful information will be appreciated.

The more I think about this, the more concerned I become with the time of your flight. Under normal circumstances 11:45 would be a slam dunk....but with it being early in season and all the delays that goes with that then throw in the impact of the marathon....well maybe it would be less stressful to take a later flight. Your name tag would lead to believe that you live somewhere in the PNW and there are lots of flights to Seattle each day.

• 3 weeks later...

We had early disembarkation from our cruise ship and we ended up waiting one hour for a taxi. There was something going on downtown that day, don't remember what, but it was a nightmare. If there are any accidents on any bridge which seems to happen every time (or at least it seems so) there is an event downtown, it takes even longer. A good idea would be to give yourselves some breathing room.

Archived