What do you love?

ddgleason

I love the staff. They have an amazing ability to remember you personally.

. :)

And I honestly dont know how in the world they do it. I have given my Sea Pass card to staff members before right after boarding and them call me by first name every time they see me from then on. Imagine how many people they come into contact with and all those names they remember! :eek:

1.) I have always been impressed by the crew members commitment to smiling and saying hello to all passengers. I have not seen the same level of commitment and training on other cruise lines. It makes me feel appreciated as a customer.

2.) One of my absolute favorite things to do is to take a moonlight stroll with my wife on the outer decks on formal nights. That is an aspect of cruising that you just cannot get on a land based vacation. Wearing my tux, while my wife is in her formal evening wear, sipping on an ice cold martini and holding hands. There is nothing like embracing while staring out at the stars, moonlight on the water and the dark waves rushing by. Those are memories that never fade and really make us appreciate what we have as a couple. The outer decks are relatively quiet and it feels like the ship is ours. :D

Eric

good job DDgleason! Im sailing on the 4 night LOS on April 5th. I have purposely kept out of the boards during the holidays cuz I know they are addictive! I just signed on last night and cant believe all the negative posts. Also, hardly anyone on my rollcall. What do I love? I love going with "newbie cruisers" and watching them get hooked!

Great thread idea!

I love sitting down with DH before bed every night and highlighting in our Cruise Compass what we want to do the next day (and skipping half of it in favor of hanging out on our balcony or in the Solarium doing nothing ;))

I also love the "bing" sound of the SeaPass card reader!! The soundtrack of relaxation!

I love opening our balcony door and listening to the water.

I love spending the night before embarkation in a hotel, knowing that an ENTIRE cruise is ahead of us and there is nothing better than that.

---Heather

There are soooo many things that I love about Royal Caribbean! And I love that someone started this very positive thread, Thank you!

1)I too love the ding that you hear when you swipe your sea pass on the ship! It is an addictive sound!

2)As someone else mentioned I love hanging my room service menu on the door at night with the anticipation of it being delivered right on time the next morning.

3)I love watching the sun rise or set from my balcony and listening to the calming waters below as I do this.

4) I love the different activities and restaurants that the Royal Caribbean ships offer! I am hooked on some of them...have to have them like my next breath of air!(LOL)

5)I could list things all day, but most of all I love the quality time that my mother and I get to enjoy and the memories we make while we are cruising together! We have had some great adventures and are looking forward to several more! Love you Mom!!:)

I love the Portofino and would eat there every night, but then I would miss the wonderful staff in the MDR and the fun new, dinner companions who have become friends.

I love getting to the theater 20 minutes before the show starts, sitting in the same seats every night, ordering a glass of wine and then chatting with our terrific server till it gets busy. Not sure if he remembers us from past cruises (5 now), but he seems to and that makes me happy.

I love the quiet of the pool area on port days and the Solarium every day.

I love just sitting on my balcony and watching my husband's shoulders and face relax.

I love getting dressed up on formal night and seeing all the lovely people mingle on the Promenade.

I love finding a new area of the ship that we seems to gravitate to on each cruise, sometimes the Schooner in the evenings, sometimes a quiet nook on deck.

I love meeting friendly, new people on each cruise, many we still keep in touch with.

I love that I could go on and on and on..........

(1) Love hairsprsay

(2) Free wine with lunch in the Concierge lounge!

(3) hot doy house

(4) Ocean breezes

(5) staying the ship at port and relaxing by the pool

(6) Concierge and Diamond lounges

(7) Turn down service

(8) Housekeeper cleaning up the towels on my bathroom floor.

(9) Giovannis

(10) traveling suites as a treat

(11) UPGRADES!!!!

(12) the anticipation of an up coming cruise

In terms of RC-specific "loves," it's really just that the line balances my budget with my interests and aesthetic tastes quite well. I'm sure I wouldn't hate a Carnival cruise (for example), but based on pictures I think the decor is "loud" enough to take away from the relaxation factor; I prefer Royal's understated style. I'm also one who likes having the option of "activities" other than drinking- I like to drink, but we'll also play mini-golf, try to conquer the rock wall, and ride the flowrider. These are mostly just preferences though.

What I "love" about cruising isn't really specific to a line. I love getting up early and taking sunrise pictures, while walking around the deck with a coconut-flavored latte. On the converse, I like wandering around the deck at night seeing more stars than I ever do on land. I love the ability to do everything I might want on a night out (dinner, show, drinks, dancing, etc) without any planning, and without one of us having to drive. I also love being lulled to sleep with the rocking of the ship.

Archived