What types of things does your butler to do for you

stuNYC

I have been on many cruise lines, including Cunard, in which I have had butlers. Other than bringing in canopies or room service orders, I probably have not made optimal use of them based on the feeling that I can do it myself.

Therefore I am wondering what you use your O butler for.

The most stressful day for me is packing on the day before the end of the cruise. Has anyone used their butler to pack for them? It would be worth a substantial tip if they could.

I have been on many cruise lines, including Cunard, in which I have had butlers. Other than bringing in canopies or room service orders, I probably have not made optimal use of them based on the feeling that I can do it myself.

Therefore I am wondering what you use your O butler for.

The most stressful day for me is packing on the day before the end of the cruise. Has anyone used their butler to pack for them? It would be worth a substantial tip if they could.

The big picture is to see your Butler as your chief liaison with the staff on the ship. Aside from packing and/or unpacking (which he will gladly do), your butler will schedule specialty restaurant reservations, book spa time, arrange an impromptu cocktail party, or even fetch the glasses that you left in the library.

The Butlers' also supervise the staff that cleans your Suite, so if you like your slippers laid out with your PJ's, talk to your butler.

Lastly, if you need wrapping paper in St. Petersburg, sunscreen in Anchorage, or want to buy a pashmina in Madagasgar, ask your Butler. They always seem to "know a guy". ;)

Our butler did all of the things mentioned above. One night, when I wasn't feeling well, we ordered dinner through him and he came in and served us. We invited him to sit down and share dinner with us, but he won't. He left us little gifts from his home country and nice little notes throughout the cruise.

It is a French word....canapé , if you mean the little goodies the butler brings.

You mean can of peas :D

Specialty restaurants when they are fully booked. If their is a cancellation you butler can grab it.

Room service - using food from the specialties is a favorite. Drinks with your can of peas too.

Archived