Mongolian Wok

Cruzin' Daddy

They have a wide variety of meats, veggies, sauces, etc. You grab a bowl, grab what you want, then give it to the cook to stir-fry for you. It is yummmmmy. But try to go at a non-peak time, if there is such a thing, as the lines can be long.

They have a wide variety of meats, veggies, sauces, etc. You grab a bowl, grab what you want, then give it to the cook to stir-fry for you. It is yummmmmy. But try to go at a non-peak time, if there is such a thing, as the lines can be long.

You can say that again and again!

Decent stir fry, though. :)

What kind of food does the Mongolian Wok serve? Grilled chicken' date=' Chinese????? People rave about it![/quote']

They had chicken, shrimp, squid and beef when I went for the meats...a large variety of oriental type vegetables and noodles and 3 sauces to choose from...sezchuan, black bean and I don't remember the 3rd.

We only did this a few times...there was usually a line about a half hour before it opened, so best time seemed to be around 2:00...I think they closed around 2:30...

It is good, but not worth waiting too long for...

They had chicken, shrimp, squid and beef when I went for the meats...a large variety of oriental type vegetables and noodles and 3 sauces to choose from...sezchuan, black bean and I don't remember the 3rd.

We only did this a few times...there was usually a line about a half hour before it opened, so best time seemed to be around 2:00...I think they closed around 2:30...

It is good, but not worth waiting too long for...

The other sauce is thai barbeque.

I've only been on four cruises with the "Mongolian Grill" I don't think there were any asian veggies. It looked and tasted very ordinary. The sauces were all pre-made and not much variety. No fresh garlic, ginger, wok roasted chilies, sesame oil, fish sauce, black vinegar etc. I couldn't understand why the long lines. It was not worth the wait in my opinion. The Tandoor grill however was very good, especially the fresh made on the spot naan to go with your meal. There was hardly ever a line there.

When I was on the Dream last month, we had the worst food ever from the Mongolian Wok :(. It had absolutely no flavor and barely any sauce. I did notice that the guy at the station was not very happy.

We just got off the Magic on Sunday and we were so surprised at how horrible the mongolian wok was. DH had the szechuan and I had the the one that was supposed to be non spicy ( don't recall what it was). Both of ours just tasted like soy sauce, very very salty and just awful. We could not eat it.

The line was very long but we were okay with that since on the Conquest it had been so good we had it several times. I guess it totally depends on who makes it.

We just got off the Magic on Sunday and we were so surprised at how horrible the mongolian wok was. DH had the szechuan and I had the the one that was supposed to be non spicy ( don't recall what it was). Both of ours just tasted like soy sauce, very very salty and just awful. We could not eat it.

The line was very long but we were okay with that since on the Conquest it had been so good we had it several times. I guess it totally depends on who makes it.

Mmm, salty. That's probably why I liked it so much. :D

I can't wait for some szechuan chicken with noodles snow peas, broccoli carrots and bean sprouts. Just awesome.

No snow peas, just regular peas, but they did have corn:eek: and Bok Choy and a few other offerings.

I noticed they had three meat selections, I saw squid, chicken, pork. I know they had a different selection every day. I was expecting a bit more variety, but it was good, anyway.

This was on the Fantasy last week, it might be different on other ships.

LOVE the Mongolian Wok! Everyday they have chicken, however they change the seafood selection daily, I don't recall if they switch between pork and beef, I'm a chicken kind of gal. I request a mix of the Szechuan and Thai BBQ sauces, it gives you a bit more sauce and great flavor!

Archived